PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Leads Pawlenty, Huntsman in 2nd Quarter Fundraising

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/07/ron-paul-leads-pawlenty-huntsman-in-2nd-quarter-fundraising/241357/

in part:

The second quarter of political fundraising ended on Thursday, and while we won't reach the filing deadline for another two weeks, campaigns are starting to announce their hauls.

So far, this is what we know:

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) has raised at least $4.5 million, and his campaign is still counting up the checks, according to a senior campaign official
Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty raised $4.2 million, according to campaign spokesman Alex Conant: "Gov. Pawlenty will report that his campaign has raised about $4.2 million, and begins the third quarter with more available cash-on-hand than the Republicans who won the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary had in July 2007."
Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman raised $4.1 million. Huntsman donated "less than half" of that money himself, according to an anonymous aide quoted by The Washington Post

trey4sports
07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow, we have to pick it up next quarter. We need to double our money. Lets go for 10 million next quarter.

I believe that if we win Ames, it will really kick fundraising up a notch.

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I wonder what our final number is. the 'more than $4.5 million' is just a reference from someone going to a fan facebook page, seeing what they reported was taken in from the ticker, and having it picked up by an article on abc which thought it had scooped the rest of the media. The campaign clarified to abc that they had at least that but didn't know the final total.

JamesButabi
07-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I can't believe Pawlenty raised that much! There is no ground support for that guy at all, has to be all estimablishment fundraising. Huntsman doesn't even matter because he probably donated over a million himself.

angelatc
07-01-2011, 02:27 PM
If he can do well in the Iowa Straw poll, we'll get back to our $6 million dollar days in record time.

Aratus
07-01-2011, 03:42 PM
our admin's hoping for 5 million tied to the ticker going over 4 million
got computed out into the safe 4.5 figure via a ben hecht insight???
solid three semi-source journalism guestimates this campaign season?
huntsman perhaps being 1/4 to 1/2 his own total is no surprise at all!

trey4sports
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
If he can do well in the Iowa Straw poll, we'll get back to our $6 million dollar days in record time.

Agreed. Winning Ames will kickstart our fundraising.

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I can't believe Pawlenty raised that much! There is no ground support for that guy at allMy thought exactly. I don't like the fact he is anywhere near us in fundraising.

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
My thought exactly. I don't like the fact he is anywhere near us in fundraising.

His numbers include money for the general election, and for all we know include loans. Until we see it on July 15, we won't know.

newyearsrevolution08
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Currently there has odds are been MAYBE 5% who donated so far who will be donating to Ron Paul. I will max myself and my wife out and if business does well around me I feel many family members of mine as well as friends will be maxing out also.

We are JUST GETTING STARTED but don't think we are not serious because we will TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY and by all means try and stop us.

freshjiva
07-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't believe Pawlenty raised that much! There is no ground support for that guy at all, has to be all estimablishment fundraising. Huntsman doesn't even matter because he probably donated over a million himself.

It doesn't surprise me. This is the advantage of being a former (or sitting) Governor. They've already built up political capital from their time as governor. This means they're not exactly starting from scratch.

Humanae Libertas
07-01-2011, 08:08 PM

No doubt he received that much money. The difference is, Ron Paul got his from grassroots, and regular Americans. While Pawlenty and his NeoCon buddies most likely got bigger donations from big business, rich people, like Mitt Romney did last month with his $10 million dollar fundraiser.

PaulConventionWV
07-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Currently there has odds are been

Uh... what?

gerryb
07-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Currently there has odds are been MAYBE 5% who donated so far who will be donating to Ron Paul. I will max myself and my wife out and if business does well around me I feel many family members of mine as well as friends will be maxing out also.

We are JUST GETTING STARTED but don't think we are not serious because we will TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY and by all means try and stop us.

If you can do it now, don't wait! The campaign needs the cash now for Iowa -- and has stated every dollar now is worth $5 later...

MozoVote
07-03-2011, 06:11 AM
It doesn't surprise me. This is the advantage of being a former (or sitting) Governor. They've already built up political capital from their time as governor. This means they're not exactly starting from scratch.

Uhh... Gary Johnson? (chuckle)