PDA

View Full Version : How Many GOP Candidates Have Military Experience? - Doug Wead

angrydragon
07-01-2011, 09:58 AM
But the only candidate who is actually a veteran and who served in uniform for five years in the U.S. Air Force and the Air National Guard (did you guess it was him in the photo?) says this about American foreign policy:

Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.— Ron Paul

And since we are approaching July 4, 2011, maybe these words, from another president long ago, are appropriate today.

The less we use our power the greater it will be.
— Thomas Jefferson

Doug Wead is a New York Times best-selling author and presidential historian. He has served as an adviser to two American presidents and now serves as a senior adviser on the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

Read more on Newsmax.com: How Many GOP Candidates Have Military Experience?
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

http://www.redirect.am/?http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/ronpaul-mittromney-michelebachmann-newtgirngrich/2011/07/01/id/402163

specsaregood
07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Loving doug wead writing up pro-paul articles.

smartguy911
07-01-2011, 10:11 AM
He has served as an adviser to two American presidents and now serves as a senior adviser on the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

wowzer

PaulConventionWV
07-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Awesome!

I really hope our poll numbers start reflecting his presence.

RileyE104
07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
This is great! Such an awesome way to reach out to all the military people that we know.

At my college, I went to the military area and put out a whole bunch of the foreign policy slimjims that show how Ron Paul has served in the Air Force and was endorsed by Reagan... http://www.ronpaul2012.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/RP-Defense-SJim.jpg :)

Napoleon's Shadow
07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Here is the direct link: http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/ronpaul-mittromney-michelebachmann-newtgirngrich/2011/07/01/id/402163

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
tweeted it. Should have used the direct link. Oh well!

Romulus
07-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Share this!

newyearsrevolution08
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Its crazy what can happen if you have people in your campaign who actually know HOW TO WIN as well as do their jobs lol....

Keep it up doug!

Sola_Fide
07-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Woot!

Sola_Fide
07-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Doug Wead is a New York Times best-selling author and presidential historian. He has served as an adviser to two American presidents and now serves as a senior adviser on the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

CaptUSA
07-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice job, Doug.

Could someone get the message to him to write this same sort of article about health care and Ron Paul being the only doctor?

Hell, he could do a series of these...
The only veteran.
The only doctor.
The only economist.

tpreitzel
07-01-2011, 06:23 PM
The majority of candidates view the threat of terrorism as the justification for perpetual warfare. Restricting the response of our military to a policy based on imminent, i.e. in progress, attack by a foreign nation is the only soundly defensible one. Ron's position is clearly consistent, but the other candidates' positions vary with the level of perceived threat.

PastaRocket848
07-01-2011, 06:43 PM
If perry gets into the race we will no longer have the only vet :(. He was in the air national guard. And he's from Texas. And he's known for being none-too-bright but "malleable", neocons love him. He might as we be named beorge w gush.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2011, 06:58 PM
This is pure gold.

Congratulations to the Ron Paul campaign.

As we used to say in Oklahoma, we're cookin' with gas now. :D

LibertyEagle
07-01-2011, 06:59 PM
If perry gets into the race we will no longer have the only vet :(. He was in the air national guard. And he's from Texas. And he's known for being none-too-bright but "malleable", neocons love him. He might as we be named beorge w gush.

He's also dumber than a stump and has quite a few skeletons in the closet. He's my governor and I and a greal deal of the rest of Texas remembers them well.

mport1
07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Why is military experience a positive? I would count it as a negative. Ron Paul was forced in because of the draft though, so it isn't his fault.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Why is military experience a positive? I would count it as a negative. Ron Paul was forced in because of the draft though, so it isn't his fault.

I'm taking it that you have not been a Republican for very long. :p

The majority of Republicans hold a great deal of respect for current and ex-military men and women.

mport1
07-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm taking it that you have not been a Republican for very long. :p

The majority of Republicans hold a great deal of respect for current and ex-military men and women.

I have never nor will I ever be a Republican.

Yeah, you are right but I do not find it a good reason for people to earn respect. I would like to move people away from the blind patriotism and military worship.

Kregisen
07-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Yeah, you are right but I do not find it a good reason for people to earn respect. I would like to move people away from the blind patriotism and military worship.

Well obviously if we tried to make headlines to attract people like you we would've already won the nomination, eh? :)

LibertyEagle
07-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Okey dokey. Well, here's to hoping that you plan to vote in the primary wherever you are.

Yes, but X, we are here. Many Republicans value having been in the military, especially when the person they elect is going to have to deal with all the wars we are in. If they like it, what is wrong with telling them he is ex-military? Answer, not a darn thing. It would be stupid not to.

Ray
07-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow, young Ron looks amazing! We need to invent a time machine, dammit.

LibertyEagle
07-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Wow, young Ron looks amazing! We need to invent a time machine, dammit.

His name is Rand.

hillertexas
07-01-2011, 07:25 PM
yay!!

bolidew
07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Imagine the impact if this article is on WaPo, NYT or WSJ?

Sola_Fide
07-01-2011, 07:32 PM
His name is Rand.

:):collins:

mport1
07-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Okey dokey. Well, here's to hoping that you plan to vote in the primary wherever you are.

I will :)

LibertyEagle
07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Imagine the impact if this article is on WaPo, NYT or WSJ?

I'm hoping it gets picked up by www.townhall.com. It may already be there. Haven't looked.

mpdsapuser
07-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm hoping it gets picked up by www.townhall.com. It may already be there. Haven't looked.

Doubt that. Townhall, despite Ron Paul winning the straw polls there, is a blatant neo-conservative rag. I talk to one of their correspondents Katie Pavlich on Facebook and she is the most dense and neo-conservative person I've met. She's so dense and unable to listen to other people's points of views. She doesn't have a basic understanding of what conservatism is yet she tries to pass it off like she is one.

ctiger2
07-01-2011, 09:33 PM
It was brilliant to hire Doug Wead. He's doing an excellent job so far. We'll prob get one of these every couples weeks or so.

rockandrollsouls
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Good article, but many people need to see it for it to have an impact.

Watch
07-02-2011, 01:13 AM

I for one have been trying to get any link to the article to work and I cannot. :confused:

LibertyEagle
07-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Doubt that. Townhall, despite Ron Paul winning the straw polls there, is a blatant neo-conservative rag. I talk to one of their correspondents Katie Pavlich on Facebook and she is the most dense and neo-conservative person I've met. She's so dense and unable to listen to other people's points of views. She doesn't have a basic understanding of what conservatism is yet she tries to pass it off like she is one.

They don't have this one, but they did carry Wead's previous article about Ron Paul. I know townhall pretty well. I used to post a lot of stuff over there a couple of years ago. The staff definitely supports the neocon agenda, but they do carry articles by Pat Buchanan and Walter Williams, to name a couple. I could really care less about the staff... what I'm after are the readers.

LibertyEagle
07-02-2011, 01:50 AM

NewsMax has a pretty decent subscription list, I'll bet. Heck, even I get it and I don't even remember signing up for it.

sorianofan
07-02-2011, 06:14 AM
It helps that the commander-in-chief of the military has military experience...

Napoleon's Shadow
07-02-2011, 06:43 AM
I for one have been trying to get any link to the article to work and I cannot. :confused:
http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/ronpaul-mittromney-michelebachmann-newtgirngrich/2011/07/01/id/402163

BUSHLIED
07-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Need a NYT or WP opt-ed by Weed!!!

iGGz
07-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Wish he would have bolded Ron's name too in the article