PDA

View Full Version : Rally for the Republic, part II?

falconplayer11
07-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Has the idea of having a big rally in an arena (maybe Boston) somewhere this fall already been discussed? I just think having another Campaign for Liberty rally like the Minneapolis one of 2008 would be an incredible way to show the world how passionate supporters of Ron Paul really are, and how pressing our nation's current problems are. I think most people would be blown away if they saw how much Ron Paul is loved by his supporters...how they are willing to show up in the thousands to see him speak and attend a rally perhaps thousands of miles away from their homes.

But maybe this wouldn't be a good idea...what do you all think? Obviously it would be very expensive...maybe this is just wishful thinking :)

acptulsa
07-01-2011, 08:18 AM
That was done to prevent us from feeling the need to protest the RNC convention.

I'd just as soon meet at the convention itself this time. Not to protest, but to celebrate.

Thargok
07-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Campaign for Liberty holds many rally-esqe events. Not to say that they are anywhere like the Rally for the Republic but LPAC is probably going to be fairly similar. In terms of a campaign though, that is a horrible waste of money that should be used to bring people into our movement, not paying lip service to people who will vote for Ron anyways.

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 08:44 AM
The campaign was talking about doing one in Iowa, but is going to reschedule it due to conflicts. There is (a different) one at the Coliseum the night before the straw poll, I believe, but I don't exactly know what it is (whether it is part of the straw poll process or not). Given all the straw polls being thrown around to raise money for GOP parties, like the new 'regional CPAC' in Florida during the Presidency 5 event, I'm not sure we should plan something separate from the campaign, though. We want there to be a big crowd when Ron actually needs us, and that will be often. I'd make any rally around one of the events he plans in any event, if we do one.