PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is a Leader not a Follower

AlexMerced
07-01-2011, 07:47 AM
A lot of people complain that Ron Pauls messaging should be more similar to his last go around, since most of the nation has moved in that direction and don't like that now Ron Paul is pushing even farther.

Although to me, this just displays what a leader he is, he isn't catering to the current preferences and values of voters, he's shaping them and that's what a leader does.

Although, Leaders don't win primaries very often, usually a primary winner is a person willing to follow and merely be a vessel for re-enforcing current values and preferences instead of trying to lead them to new heights. Come 2016 the nation will be where Ron Paul is now, as now they are where he was in 2008, because he's ahead of the pack. He's leading the pack and the road of true leadership can be solemn one since your typically appreciated in times beyond your accomplishments.

Ron Pauls leadership has forced the followers in the race to come closer and closer to re-enforcing better preferences and values, and as much as we don't like the idea of someone else carrying that message we must realize this is Ron Pauls victory.

When I donate, when I invest my time campaigning, studying, and trying to promote Ron Paul and trying to emulate Ron Paul it's cause of his leadership of thought, values, and culture; a quality I too hope one day to have.

Ron Paul, president or not, is a leader that will and is pushing things where they need to go even if to our dismay he doesn't get the immense national gratitude he deserves. A leader isn't in it for the thanks, the praise, but in it for the sake leaving the world a better place than he found.

- Alex Merced

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 07:50 AM
This is what I have been saying, including on Politico comments which set itself up by saying how many of Ron's views 'were' fringe but are now 'mainstream' yet he won't be elected because he is still 'fringe', per their view.. I pointed out that leaders are taking people to a different place than they are now, which mean their views can't be 'mainstream' or else they are opinion followers, not leaders. I pointed to their own text on how people were moving to where he had been.

I just hope we have enough time for the rest of America to realize that before the election.

It is an excellent response for comments, though.

acptulsa
07-01-2011, 08:03 AM
If someone is going the right direction, and he or she isn't your leader, then does that say more about that person or more about whether or not you're a fool?

It takes more than a six hundred dollar hairstyle to get me to follow.

AlexMerced
07-01-2011, 08:41 AM
If someone is going the right direction, and he or she isn't your leader, then does that say more about that person or more about whether or not you're a fool?

It takes more than a six hundred dollar hairstyle to get me to follow.

I agree, my point wasn't to follow someone else, just explain Ron Pauls role in the world.

Although you can also think of Ron Paul as the Leaders of Leaders, influencing those who influence others.

sailingaway
07-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Some of us think he can be elected this time, not just run an educational campaign.

There is work to do, assuredly, but that doesn't mean give up.

AlexMerced
07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Some of us think he can be elected this time, not just run an educational campaign.

There is work to do, assuredly, but that doesn't mean give up.

No where did I say give up, contrary I'm trying to say why we should work as hard as we can to amplify Ron Pauls leadership

He can win, if there was a time he could win, it's now, this was a just reflection on the concept of leadership