PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Values Voter Summit - Ron Paul speaking, C4L will have a booth

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-01-2011, 02:24 AM
I am making plans to attend the 2011 VVS which is being held at the Omni-Shoreham Hotel in Washington D.C. on October 7-9, 2011(This will be familiar ground to those of you were participated at CPAC). The VVS is a major event that rivals RLC and CPAC and it will get major media attention for whoever wins their straw poll. Ron has already confirmed his participation and the C4L will have a booth in the exhibition area.

Registration is $99 ($50 for students) and I believe this date is very close to the planned Revolution March part 2. WE CAN EASILY TAKE THIS EVENT AND WIN THIS POLL

So is anyone else planning on attending or would anyone else at least be interested in attending?

**** Registration is now open and ends on September 20th with refunds available until September 1st.

http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/schedule

BUSHLIED
07-01-2011, 06:11 AM
yeah I attended back in 2007..I was even interviewed by a reporter on my way out of this event...I never did find the article that the woman was suppose to write though. This event was 'serious' from what I remember, a lot of press were there. I remember standing near the elevator handing out slim-jims. Most people declined or simply took them out of politeness. I didn't get the best of vibes from people there when they saw I was supporting Paul...but that was four years ago and perhaps I am wrong.

If you do attend, best to wear a suit or dress really nice, everyone was dressed like they were going to church...if there was a straw poll I think Huckabee completely crushed it overwhelmingly.

muzzled dogg
07-01-2011, 06:56 AM
nice

vote for ron in the straw poll and hit up the revolution march that same weekend

Sola_Fide
07-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Win this poll!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-02-2011, 03:25 PM
bump

LisaNY
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm thinking of going to vote for Ron. Is the Omni-Shoreham a decent place to stay?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking of going to vote for Ron. Is the Omni-Shoreham a decent place to stay?

It is a lavish hotel with a confusing floor plan. It is also really expensive. So if you are on a budget I would suggest finding a cheaper hotel maybe on the outskirts of the city,

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
We had a bunch of much cheaper hotels located for CPAC. Is this on the red line too? As CPAC was? We might be able to use a lot of that information.

Gage
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
We had a bunch of much cheaper hotels located for CPAC. Is this on the red line too? As CPAC was? We might be able to use a lot of that information.

Omni Shoreham is right near the Marriott where CPAC was held. Walked from the Omni to CPAC all four days this past year.

ronpaulhawaii
07-02-2011, 04:42 PM
:) I expect we'll bring a crew of church friendlies from here - gonna be good

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I would expect the atmosphere there to be like a church event. It is a good place to woo over other conservatives with our charm.

I mean, the point of going is surely to win over other groups of conservatives, the straw poll is merely part of the means to the end....

LibertyEagle
07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
If we could win this poll and at the same time make inroads with the other conservatives in attendance, it will be a major accomplishment. :)

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 05:44 PM
If we could win this poll and at the same time make inroads with the other conservatives in attendance, it will be a major accomplishment. :)

That would be fantastic!

Napoleon's Shadow
07-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I would expect the atmosphere there to be like a church event. It is a good place to woo over other conservatives with our charm.So I guess unlike CPAC, there won't be any Madam's Organ (http://www.madamsorgan.com/) afterparties? LOL

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-03-2011, 12:12 AM
This would be a great event for the more religious of the bunch to come out in force. I am a believer myself but nowhere near capable of getting into a bible thumping competition with some that may be there. If we present ourselves well, talk up the good Dr. (especially hammering home his pro life positions) and take this poll than there is no way they can ignore us. I hope to see quite a few of you there.

Esoteric
07-03-2011, 01:01 AM
So I guess unlike CPAC, there won't be any Madam's Organ (http://www.madamsorgan.com/) afterparties? LOL

LOL! I was there.. It was an.... interesting place lol

AlexAmore
07-03-2011, 01:16 AM
So it doesn't matter if I'm out of state? I see there is a $75 package, can I vote with that? How many people were there last time?

LisaNY
07-03-2011, 01:34 AM
It is a lavish hotel with a confusing floor plan. It is also really expensive. So if you are on a budget I would suggest finding a cheaper hotel maybe on the outskirts of the city,

I'm not on a budget, I just don't want to stay in a dump.

goRPaul
07-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Good work!

LisaNY
07-03-2011, 02:11 AM

I'm not on a budget, I just don't want to stay in a dump!

But apparently this is going to be a huge religious/social conservative deal and quite frankly I don't fit in (although I was raised to be a good catholic girl!) I was going to come and vote for Ron but maybe I'll skip.

KingRobbStark
07-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Why cant any of these summits happen in the west coast? Or better yet when I'm in the east coast. I call bullshit.

AlexAmore
07-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Why cant any of these summits happen in the west coast? Or better yet when I'm in the east coast. I call bullshit.

Probably a conspiracy against forum people named KingRobbStark. I heard about it through a friend of a friend's sister's brother who went to different schools together with a guy name Carl.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Why cant any of these summits happen in the west coast?
As a matter of fact they do!

http://www.westerncpac.com/
http://westernrepublican.com/

TheTyke
07-03-2011, 06:48 AM
This sounds like a place we need to win... hope we are well represented! It can't be that bad to dress neatly and be polite. :D

I stayed at Springhill Suites Marriott in Fairfax VA. Ordering ahead of time I got it for only $70 a night and it was bigger and quieter than my apartment! Favorite hotel I ever stayed at. But the downside was a long trip into the city - it was at least an hour to CPAC from there.