PDA

View Full Version : Christ, Jay Leno was political all night

hummtide
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Perfect set up for Ron Paul.. and IN-F****CREDIBLE INTERVIEW!

Good jokes about Ron Paul too.. his wife isnt the founder of Mrs Pauls fish sticks! LOL! and with 4,000 babies delivered, Ron Paul has been able to get more women to undress than Bill Clinton... lol!

JPFromTally
10-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah, Jay was on tonight. Funny and mentioning a lot of the things Paul talks about.

Chrispy
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Agreed, it almost seemed as though Jay was very aligned with RP's views. He asked all the right questions, as if he were promoting him while interviewing.

0zzy
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Agreed, it almost seemed as though Jay was very aligned with RP's views. He asked all the right questions, as if he were promoting him while interviewing.

I love Jay now :).

Throwback280s
10-30-2007, 10:50 PM
About Paul he said, he's the only guy who has told more women to take their clothes off than bill clinton.

RPatTheBeach
10-30-2007, 10:51 PM
The thing that stood out most to me was when Jay made a comment saying the thing about RP that got his attention was his stance on the Iraq war. And he didn't say it with a negative tone :)

EvilEngineer
10-30-2007, 10:52 PM
The thing that stood out most to me was when Jay made a comment saying the thing about RP that got his attention was his stance on the Iraq war. And he didn't say it with a negative tone :)

Well hollywood is a friendly territory for a anti-war candidate. The other republicans might have a bit more trouble showing up there though. Instead of cheering crowds they will get hordes of protesters.

Chrispy
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Well hollywood is a friendly territory for a anti-war candidate. The other republicans might have a bit more trouble showing up there though. Instead of cheering crowds they will get hordes of protesters.

It will be interesting to see how well the dinner fund raiser went tonight in hollywood

Logistics
10-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Im really really impressed with how Jay Leno conducted that interview. And Ron Paul nailed it imo.

progrock
10-30-2007, 11:10 PM
yes i agree it was a wonderful interview. ty jay leno and ty everyone that worked so hard to get RP on the leno show.

angelatc
10-30-2007, 11:42 PM
I thought Leno did a good interview, but I didn't get the impression that he was sold on Paul's ideas.

davidkachel
10-30-2007, 11:45 PM
I thought Leno did a good interview, but I didn't get the impression that he was sold on Paul's ideas.

You must have watched a different interview than the one I saw. He quite plainly supports RP but can't appear biased in his position. But a little more and he would have kissed RPs ring.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Leno was practically sitting in Ron's lap it was a shoe-in raving success.

american.swan
10-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Leno was practically sitting in Ron's lap it was a shoe-in raving success.

RIGHT ON!! From the Youtube video it looked like Leno was just a walking cue card. Just guiding Ron to exactly what Ron wanted to say. And he didn't play the part of a cue card reluctantly. Almost like, I am GLAD to do this.

The Only Woj
10-31-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm watching the show right now ... and Leno is actually funny. Now, it's been a while since I've watched him, maybe a year, but he certainly has some good material tonight.

And I knew that was Tom Arnold. How can you guess Tom Cruise when the guy is TALL!

billv
10-31-2007, 01:30 AM
That was one of the two most fair interviews I've ever seen Ron get. It was great.

scottabing
10-31-2007, 01:33 AM
That was one of the two most fair interviews I've ever seen Ron get. It was great.
That interview wasn't even fair... It was biased...Towards Ron Paul... I'll take it!

Richandler
10-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Haha, Jay looked like he had the same problem most people have with Ron. Really, how can you just eliminate the IRS? OMG! Just come home? WTF? It could get worse! Haha. I really hope we get tons more people from this.

HOLY CRAP: Ron Looked so excited at the end again!

thuja
10-31-2007, 01:36 AM
this was a perfect interview! so relaxed, and matter-of-fact about everything. he is so honest, unlike any other candidate ever, and this is always evident, but this calm interview was the best one i have seen. i have always been proud to be a Paul supporter, but now i am even more so. Jay Leno did a lovely interview, and Ron Paul is clearly our Presidential leader.

Eli
10-31-2007, 01:42 AM
that was sooo great! i just got done watching it. I'm so excited. Lets just hope some polling numbers go up :)

no time to waste though lets start pushing for him to get on some other shows while the fryer is hot. yay!

Freedom
10-31-2007, 04:44 AM
I heard on RonPaulRadio.com that Jay asked for a Ron Paul bumper sticker and carefully folded it up and put it in his jacket pocket. He also asked for Ron Paul's signature on his copy of Ron's Foreign Policy book. Looks like Jay Leno is a Ron Paul supporter!

tfelice
10-31-2007, 04:52 AM
I agree that it went awesome. Leno could have tried to make Paul look foolish, put him on the defensive, asked questions about things not pertaining to the campaign, etc. None of this occured. Leno played the part of the straight man, asking key questions that allowed Paul to run through his main positions without forcing him to get stuck on one issue.

Does anyone know how many people watch the 2nd half-hour of the Tonight Show?

Pete
10-31-2007, 05:08 AM
I fell asleep waiting for the show to come on!! :( All this is great to hear. I hope one of my kids taped the show as planned, so I can catch up.

Jay Leno is a very clear thinker; this is what makes him a great satirist.

How about a Saturday Night Live appearance for the good doctor?

kaleidoscope eyes
10-31-2007, 05:36 AM
RIGHT ON!! From the Youtube video it looked like Leno was just a walking cue card. Just guiding Ron to exactly what Ron wanted to say. And he didn't play the part of a cue card reluctantly. Almost like, I am GLAD to do this.
my thoughts exactly, it was like he was reading questions pulled straight from issues on a slim jim, really trying to get what RP is all about out there to the masses. cool.

ClayTrainor
10-31-2007, 05:43 AM
I used to like conan as my favorite late night host, but now its leno... no contest... he earned my respect tonight that's for sure.