PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Very Competitive if Going for NM Senate

06-30-2011, 11:08 PM
New PPP Poll of New Mexico out today. (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_NM_630930.pdf) While it polled the presidential race, what is most interesting is a little blip you get if you look at the PDF of the polling results. PPP Polled the New Mexico Republican Primary for US Senate.

Results:

Given the choices of Bill English, Gary Johnson, John Sanchez, Greg Sowards, and Heather Wilson, who would you most like to see as the Republican Senate candidate next year?
Bill English .................................................. ....3%
Gary Johnson ................................................. 22%
John Sanchez ................................................. 18%
Greg Sowards .................................................4 %
Heather Wilson ............................................... 43%
Someone else/Not sure .....................................9%

While PPP is quick to downplay this result, as they are with his 13% in a presidential primary, I think it is a very good result, actually. From everything I understand about New Mexico politics, Heather Wilson is exceptionally popular among Republicans. For Johnson to come in second to her (and ahead of the sitting lieutenant governor) is a fairly good result, considering he has been totally out of New Mexico politics for close to a decade.

It is clearer now than ever that we need to convince Gary Johnson to run for US Senate. He is going nowhere fast in his run for president. Yet, he would be a senator for us all to be proud of and would work right alongside Rand and Mike Lee to restore the Constitution. This is a guy we can all get behind IF he runs for senate.

I think the grassroots should really organize an effort to make this happen.

cindy25
07-01-2011, 12:57 AM
the problem is neo-con Wilson probably would win the primary, and lose in November. maybe Johnson could run 3rd party (viable option for senator in small states)

falconplayer11
07-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Johnson would be wise to run as an independent in NM.

evilfunnystuff
07-01-2011, 05:04 PM
bump

Aratus
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
is GJ running at the national level so as
to get some traction for a local N.M race?