shepburn
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
10 stars out of 5

paulitics
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
very good. He was funny. People like that. "there is a risk I could win". haha

Nathan Hale
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
This is a huge hit. The true test, of course, comes over the next few weeks. We should keep our key on the polls and RP's fundraising. He needs a big day tomorrow to hit $3M, with a lot of new donations he'll reach it.

parke
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
He was absolutely perfect.

jake
10-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Perfect, except: he could have stipulated that state taxation would still be present under his federal government.

garrettwombat
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
well i think dr paul could have made a more wittier remark to jay leno when he said in regards to the income tax "well we didnt have paved roads back in 1913 and things like that"
ron paul should have said something how none of your income tax goes to things like that
road construction comes off of the gasoline tax, the income tax only pays off the national debt....

and then when he announced the sex pistols at the end of the show he said the song title something about anarchy and pointed to paul and told him he would enjoy that very much.

which kinda pisses me off because he isnt for anarchy and neither are we...
im prob taking it way to seriously but it seems like somebodys always gotta throw some stupid little line in there to make him look bad

but everything else was really good... he got to cover a lot of ground

0zzy
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Perfect, except: he could have stipulated that state taxation would still be present under his federal government.

That was my only problem too. Hopefully people don't go, "A GOVERNMENT WITHOUT TAXES! HOW IS IT POSSIBLE! NICE GUY, BUT INSANE!" but rather "Hells ya get rid of the Income Tax!"

frasu
10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh man he was the bomb on the stage with Sex Pistols... Unbelievable... Anybody, pictures with Ron shaking hands with Johnny Rotten? Priceless

runderwo
10-30-2007, 10:42 PM

He actually did mention that without the federal government taxing us to the hilt, we would be keeping more of our money in our homes and in our states.

chon
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
i liked the joke jay said in the beginning " Dr Paul has told more women to take off their clothes then bill clinton" HAHAHA

evadmurd
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Home run derby for Ron Paul!

mtbaird5687
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I thought it was great. Wish his discussion of taxes was better. I wish he would have made sure people knew he didn't mean ALL taxes.

jmdrake
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Great interview! Most memorable line of the night "Yes there is a risk of us winning". :)

As for the state tax thing he DID mention that after getting rid of the IRS there would be more money at the state level. Ok, maybe that might not be obvious to every potential new supporter but I got it. I also think that pointing out that we could live at year 2000 levels without an income tax was a strong counter argument to the persistent "But how can we live without (federal) taxes" question.

Regards,

John M. Drake

mport1
10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I thought it was great. Wish his discussion of taxes was better. I wish he would have made sure people knew he didn't mean ALL taxes.

Agreed.

Energy
10-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Get people talking about this at work tomorrow.

atthegates
10-30-2007, 10:53 PM
i liked the joke jay said in the beginning " Dr Paul has told more women to take off their clothes then bill clinton" HAHAHA

damn i didnt even know he mentioned him in the monologue. i probably tuned in too late.

Shellshock1918
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Good, solid interview.

wgadget
10-30-2007, 10:57 PM
If you ever heard Leno making jokes about Romney and Rudy, which he does all the time, anything he said tonight about RP was zilch. Don't take it personally. It's supposed to be fun.

coffeewithchess
10-30-2007, 10:59 PM

Yea, I think that letting people realize our roads are paid for with the gasoline taxes, etc., would be an eye opener.

We should also send Jay Leno's group a thank you email! FLOOD THE SHOW WITH THANK YOU'S!
Send them to, tonightshowfeedback@nbcuni.com!

saahmed
10-30-2007, 11:03 PM
It was much better than I expected. He was prepared. But I don't think he did a good enough job explaining how the government would work without the income tax.

murrayrothbard
10-30-2007, 11:03 PM
which kinda pisses me off because he isnt for anarchy and neither are we...
im prob taking it way to seriously but it seems like somebodys always gotta throw some stupid little line in there to make him look bad

If RP was consistent he would be an anarchist. ;) You've made too blanket of a statement there. There definitely are RP supporters that support him because his presidency would be a giant step towards anarchy. :eek:

murrayrothbard
10-30-2007, 11:05 PM
It was much better than I expected. He was prepared. But I don't think he did a good enough job explaining how the government would work without the income tax.

Why do all of you get bent out of shape when RP advocates no income tax? People aren't that stupid. Hmm, RP advocates LESS government so obviously LESS government needs LESS taxes.

NewEnd
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Honestly, I wish Leno would have cracked a few more jokes. It may have got a little boring to people

garrettwombat
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
If RP was consistent he would be an anarchist. You've made too blanket of a statement there. There definitely are RP supporters that support him because his presidency would be a giant step towards anarchy.

ehh it would be nice to have anarchy but there are way to many people in the world. it would be kinda hard.

i dont know why anarchanists would support ron paul... he is only saying what a true conservative republican FOR the government(small government) should say... if people think thats new than our idea of freedom has become really sick and twisted in this day and age.

UCFGavin
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
i gave it a 9 because i wish he would have brought up how well he was polling in new hampshire.

Minlawc
10-30-2007, 11:11 PM
If RP was consistent he would be an anarchist. ;) You've made too blanket of a statement there. There definitely are RP supporters that support him because his presidency would be a giant step towards anarchy. :eek:

Well isn't that what libertarianism is? anarcho-capitalism?

LibertyEagle
10-30-2007, 11:15 PM
well i think dr paul could have made a more wittier remark to jay leno when he said in regards to the income tax "well we didnt have paved roads back in 1913 and things like that"
ron paul should have said something how none of your income tax goes to things like that
road construction comes off of the gasoline tax, the income tax only pays off the national debt....

Yeah, I was holding my breath on that, hoping he would get into that. People just don't understand.

0zzy
10-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I watched it a second time. I want to change that 9 to a 10! hahaH

Man from La Mancha
10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Well I blew that and didn't read it. Who would make a poll where Ron is not # 1? So I voted wrong:(

Primbs
10-30-2007, 11:24 PM
I gave a nine out of ten. It is tough to follow Tom Cruise.

LeFou
10-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I love sex pistols and Ron Paul. Just thought I'd share that. What a perfect song to provide epilogue to the interview.

Buckle up, guys.

Bryan
10-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Well I blew that and didn't read it. Who would make a poll where Ron is not # 1? So I voted wrong:(

Fixed- (this is electronic voting after all :p)

libertarian4321
10-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I only caught the last couple of minutes, plus the Johnny Rotten handshake, but I thought he did very well in what I saw.

Pete Kay
10-30-2007, 11:38 PM
He did pretty good. He was really hoarse and tired, probably from so many rallies. To the uninitiated he may have seemed a little boring and old. I like Ron Paul best when he is fired up.

About the income tax - I wished so bad that he made the point that the income tax is immoral. That it makes the assumption that the government owns your money and your property. That would've really resonated.

davidkachel
10-30-2007, 11:40 PM
God bless Jay Leno. He pitched nothing but softballs and got every major position out in a good light.
And RP was great. Could have been a little more clear, but he was great.

davidkachel
10-30-2007, 11:42 PM
About the income tax - I wished so bad that he made the point that the income tax is immoral. That it makes the assumption that the government owns your money and your property. That would've really resonated.

I disagree. Remember that most Americans buy into the "we all have to pay our fair share" bullshit. You have to spoonfeed liberty to them or they will choke on it.

LeFou
10-31-2007, 06:47 AM
"Real flat like zero"

Take that one to the bank

Ridiculous
10-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Anyone have a screen cap of Ron Paul shaking hands with Johhny Rotten yet?

wgadget
10-31-2007, 06:59 AM
"Real flat like zero"

Take that one to the bank

Eat your hearts out, Neal Boortz and Mike Huckleberry

Ron Paul Fan
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
I gave it an 11!!!!!!! Congressman Paul was on his game and even got a few laughs! Someone started a thread yesterday that said that Ron Paul would "fizzle" under the pressure of this interview. And I said, what the hell? He's running for President of the United States! And of course, I was right again. Income tax shmincome tax! Everyone knows it's crooked and he did explain that we could get back to our 2000 spending levels and not continue to run an empire! Go Ron Paul!

reduen
10-31-2007, 07:08 AM
I think he should be a little more fluent and confident when speaking of winning. Sometimes it seems that he does not even believe that he can win himeself and that is kinda depressing to a guy that really works hard to pramote him...

I know he Dr. Paul would never really bragg but there is a difference between just being confident and bragging. Other than that, it was good..

Hope
10-31-2007, 07:13 AM
I think he should be a little more fluent and confident when speaking of winning. Sometimes it seems that he does not even believe that he can win himeself and that is kinda depressing to a guy that really works hard to pramote him...

I know he Dr. Paul would never really bragg but there is a difference between just being confident and bragging. Other than that, it was good..

I wholeheartedly agree. I mean, I know he's just being humble, but people gravitate toward the assholes who say they know they will win.

givemeliberty
10-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Well, I for one, was happy when he said that there was a "risk that he will win". I thought that was ion the right direction and funny too!

JS4Pat
10-31-2007, 07:25 AM
That is a great point. He really should emphasize the high level of taxation that already occurs within the states and the federal gas taxes that are paying for roads and infrastructure.

When he says he would do away with the Federal Income Tax or that he supports a Flat Tax at 0% - the average person thinks - well that sounds great - but that is a pretty ridiculous notion and would be irresponsible. Hell - that is what I thought until I studied his position further. I used to be an avid Fair Tax supporter - now that I understand the federal taxation issue - it doesn't sound ridiculous at all.

werdd
10-31-2007, 07:27 AM
about as good as it gets, leno really played to RP last night

JS4Pat
10-31-2007, 07:36 AM
My favorite line from the interview...

The message is powerful. You know I have my shortcomings but the message has no shortcomings. The message of liberty is what America is all about .

How badly does this country need RON PAUL?

Andrea
10-31-2007, 07:36 AM
My Husband and I are in Mexico.

Sitting on the tip of Baja we have the rare internet and no NBC.

Loved watching the video hours after on Google video.

Ron was great...great audience...

I guess Tom had left the stage, didn't see him, I'm sure he has his Dem. but
Ron would appeal to Tom.

We will be in Mexico durning the Nov. 5th.

We will be giving 300 during the money bomb, more if I get excitied.
Just can't watch it all day.

It was a great appearance

Elwar
10-31-2007, 07:46 AM
I was kinda worried about the reaction to Leno saying "Anarchy in the UK, that's just like you (or whatever)". But then I realized...a bunch of people were watching to see the Sex Pistols and might get even more interested in Ron Paul because of that line.

And then the Sex Pistols bringing up Ron Paul in their song...they couldn't have asked for such a setup.