PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann mentions Ron Paul/Auditing Fed at Townhall and gets big applause

dw1345
06-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Not sure if this has been covered already or if anyone's seen it, but Michele Bachmann held a town hall last night in Rock Hill, SC. Some guy (not sure if he's a RP supporter or what the deal is) asked her a question about the Federal Reserve. She answered with, "I am on Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve" to which the whole crowd applauded. Thought this was very interesting.

Watch (around 1:36)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXlvrVJ1Zw&feature=channel_video_title

His message is definitely spreading and becoming more mainstream. This would've never happened back in 08.

sailingaway
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
She was using a bunch of his lines without giving credit as well, as I understand it from a write up. Who does this sound like: "You have a right to your life, and a right to your liberty and a right to the fruits of your labors...."

fcmagic01
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
On Fiscal issues she is basically aligned with Ron Paul.

She has been quoted on how she loves to read Von Mises.

I agree with your assessment, huge amount of process since 2008.

sailingaway
06-30-2011, 07:15 PM

No she isn't. She voted for the Ryan plan which would require raising the debt ceiling. It wasn't until there was near revolution at a tea party caucus meeting over raising the debt ceiling that she came out not to. She is laying bait for us, and some of it is possibly sincere. But if you look at the size of the police state and budgets/war funding she has voted for, they are unacheavable without a Federal Reserve printing money.

NewRightLibertarian
06-30-2011, 07:18 PM
She was using a bunch of his lines without giving credit as well, as I understand it from a write up. Who does this sound like: "You have a right to your life, and a right to your liberty and a right to the fruits of your labors...."

I find this to be good news. The more politicians sound like Ron Paul the better, as far as I'm concerned.

sailingaway
06-30-2011, 07:21 PM
When someone mentors someone and goes to their district at their request to speak with them to introduce them to one's own supporters and drum up support for them when they are in a tight congressional district, and they later use your lines and ideas to run against you as if those lines and ideas were ones they thought of themselves, I think it's kinda...... ick.

georgiaboy
06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
No she isn't. She voted for the Ryan plan which would require raising the debt ceiling. It wasn't until there was near revolution at a tea party caucus meeting over raising the debt ceiling that she came out not to. She is laying bait for us, and some of it is possibly sincere. But if you look at the size of the police state and budgets/war funding she has voted for, they are unacheavable without a Federal Reserve printing money.

Exactly right, sa. Didn't Doug Wead's column just make its rounds through the forums yesterday? She voted for a stimulus package, too, the Patriot Act extension, probably military escapade funding too -- all financial fail votes.

Her words are empty agreements with Ron if she doesn't back those words up with consistent, day after day, vote after vote, action in support of those words. She has not done so. It's a simple analysis really. Stop the spending, stop voting for the spending, walk the talk, or moveon.

The voting record is the single greatest tool for analyzing candidates. The stumping? Only to the extent it marries up with the record.

Y'know what's 2008 all over again? People on this forum who seem so easily swayed by campaign rhetoric.

georgiaboy
06-30-2011, 07:35 PM
When someone mentors someone and goes to their district at their request to speak with them to introduce them to one's own supporters and drum up support for them when they are in a tight congressional district, and they later use your lines and ideas to run against you as if those lines and ideas were ones they thought of themselves, I think it's kinda...... ick.

trudat

brushfire
06-30-2011, 07:43 PM

She voted for the Patriot Act extension too...

speciallyblend
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM

someone should make a ron paul video but using the gop candidates voices trying to sound like ron paul!!

MJU1983
06-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Do not like Michele Bachmann...

aowen
06-30-2011, 08:21 PM
At the two minute mark she says "we've had qualitative easing 1. qualitative easing 2, and qualitative easing 3" goes to show how much she's paying attention... just enough to bamboozle the masses.

devil21
06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
She's just plain stealing Ron Paul's conservative shit and calling it her own. She sure as hell doesnt vote like a libertarian or a classic conservative. It's all an act to usurp his platform.

brushfire
06-30-2011, 08:34 PM
At the two minute mark she says "we've had qualitative easing 1. qualitative easing 2, and qualitative easing 3" goes to show how much she's paying attention... just enough to bamboozle the masses.

Not to dispute your overall point, I doubt she really knows what she's talking about, but since when has uncle ben kept his word about anything? For all we know, QE3 is in full effect... He's lied before, he will again...

At least she mentioned Ron Paul on tape - that should come in handy for a leadership compilation. Its a rule of marketing - its better to be first than to be better... 'cept Dr Paul is first and better :D

aowen
06-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Not to dispute your overall point, I doubt she really knows what she's talking about, but since when has uncle ben kept his word about anything? For all we know, QE3 is in full effect... He's lied before, he will again...

I don't think we could be any more in agreement on this. You are 100% correct that we have no clue what the FED is up to. I just think if you asked Bachmann how many rounds of QE have been OFFICIALLY reported. She would think three.

brushfire
06-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't think we could be any more in agreement on this. You are 100% correct that we have no clue what the FED is up to. I just think if you asked Bachmann how many rounds of QE have been OFFICIALLY reported. She would think three.

I would agree on that too.. forgive me, I just get fired up about the topic.
But yes, Bachmann doesnt own her platform, so she cannot accurately represent it... She's just doing "monkey see, monkey do", as far as I'm concerned...

aowen
06-30-2011, 08:57 PM
"monkey see, monkey do"

Exactly

rbohlig
06-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Wait...did she say qualitative easing, or quantitative easing!?

angelatc
06-30-2011, 09:17 PM

I think she'll self destruct though.

georgiaboy
06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
so maybe invoking "Ron Paul" is the new invoking "Ronald Reagan" ?!? :D

dw1345
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Y'know what's 2008 all over again? People on this forum who seem so easily swayed by campaign rhetoric.

Who's this directed at? My point isn't "OMG Michele Bachmann mentioned RP so let's all go out and vote for her" if that's what you're implying. All I'm getting at is that by mainstream candidates giving kudos to RP, it makes his ideas more acceptable to the GOP and his nomination more feasible.

georgiaboy
06-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I stated who it was directed at.

mport1
06-30-2011, 09:47 PM

There is no way that statist has ever read anything my Mises.

acptulsa
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
We need a woman who can ape her voice and her accent to make a video in one of those Ron Paul Halloween masks. That could be great fun.

dw1345
06-30-2011, 10:28 PM
I stated who it was directed at.

still not following oh well