PDA

View Full Version : PPP - New Mexico GOP Presidential Primary Poll

tsai3904
06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
New Mexico (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/06/bachmann-up-in-new-mexico.html)
6/23 - 6/26
400 usual Republican primary voters
+/-4.9%

With Palin and Johnson:

Bachmann 21%
Romney 18%
Johnson 13%
Palin 11%
Cain 10%
Pawlenty 7%
Gingrich 6%
Paul 5%

With Palin / Without Johnson:

Bachmann 22%
Romney 22%
Palin 14%
Cain 10%
Paul 7%
Pawlenty 7%
Gingrich 4%
Huntsman 3%

Without Palin / Without Johnson:

Bachmann 27%
Romney 23%
Cain 12%
Paul 8%
Pawlenty 7%
Gingrich 6%
Huntsman 4%

Results from last New Mexico poll:

New Mexico (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/02/johnson-weak-with-nm-republicans.html)
2/4 - 2/6
+/-5.2%

With Palin and Johnson:

Palin 20%
Huckabee 17%
Romney 16%
Gingrich 13%
Johnson 13%
Pawlenty 6%
Paul 4%
Daniels 3%

With Palin / Without Johnson:

Palin 22%
Huckabee 18%
Romney 16%
Gingrich 15%
Pawlenty 7%
Paul 6%
Daniels 3%

trey4sports
06-30-2011, 01:38 PM
ehhh....

well at least Gary does well there.

Bern
06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
The primary will be effectively decided before New Mexico votes, won't it?

Airborn
06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm actually surprised Gary does that well in NM, shows how many people will just vote for someone just because he was Governor of your own state...

fatjohn
07-04-2011, 04:40 AM
What the hell, so more johnson supporters jump ship to rmoney then to paul?

BUSHLIED
07-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Yeah, the faux libertarians

Bern
07-04-2011, 08:32 AM
It's not about policy for most people. It's about personality and fitting in with the crowd.

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 08:35 AM
At this point, for most people, it is name recognition. Most aren't yet very focused on the election, although Iowa, with its straw poll, and New Hampshire with its early primary, are more in the center of things and are paying more attention.

AlexMerced
07-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm actually surprised Gary does that well in NM, shows how many people will just vote for someone just because he was Governor of your own state...

None of the other candidates do that well in their owns states, Gary Johnson does well cause he was a popular governor and they liked the job he did, at least 13% of votin republicans

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 08:53 AM
None of the other candidates do that well in their owns states, Gary Johnson does well cause he was a popular governor and they liked the job he did, at least 13% of votin republicans

Santorum got something like 22% in Pennsylvania, as I recall. I was astonished.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Well....at least he's gained 1% since February :D

Bachmann's surge is worrisome, her Patriot Act vote, her support for wars, her benefitting from federal subsidies & her religious fanaticism along with her strongly anti-gay stance need to be brought to attention.

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 09:09 AM
She isn't vetted yet. I am only concerned that her surge will last through Ames organization. She timed this very well. Later on she will settle to whatever level is more realistic for her. Right now I think people are imagining her to be what they want, with very different ideas of what that is.

Canderson
07-04-2011, 09:12 AM
hopefully johnson will drop out before the primary, endorse paul and start campaigning

rich34
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
We gotta win the straw poll, if so it's on! Perception is everything. Ron's really putting the effort in we just have to get him the money

PaulConventionWV
07-04-2011, 09:42 AM
The primary will be effectively decided before New Mexico votes, won't it?

Yes, but at least it's progress.

PaulConventionWV
07-04-2011, 09:43 AM

I think it might be because more people know about him, not necessarily just because he was governor.

sailingaway
07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
hopefully johnson will drop out before the primary, endorse paul and start campaigning

Maybe campaign for Ron in the general if that is his desire, but I honestly think he would hurt more than help in the primary. Where he differs from Ron he goes FURTHER from the GOP base, not closer to it.

johnrocks
07-04-2011, 09:55 AM

Personally, I really like Johnson and would support him in a nano second had RP decided not to run, I too wish he'd drop out and endorse RP but go one step farther, run to win the New Mexico US Senate in 2012.

Badger Paul
07-04-2011, 11:27 AM
"The primary will be effectively decided before New Mexico votes, won't it? "

Yes, the primary isn't until June of 2012. Why PPP is wasting its time and money polling states which come up so late in the game is beyond me.

tsai3904
07-04-2011, 11:35 AM
"The primary will be effectively decided before New Mexico votes, won't it? "

Yes, the primary isn't until June of 2012. Why PPP is wasting its time and money polling states which come up so late in the game is beyond me.

They don't poll states just for the presidential primary. They also poll Senate and Governor races.

Cleaner44
07-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Goes to show how we should be working on the Governor races... maybe more than anything.

KingRobbStark
07-04-2011, 11:51 AM
After this election we should focus on the states. That way we have a better chance at challenging unconstitutional acts.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-04-2011, 12:03 PM
She isn't vetted yet. I am only concerned that her surge will last through Ames organization. She timed this very well. Later on she will settle to whatever level is more realistic for her. Right now I think people are imagining her to be what they want, with very different ideas of what that is.

Yeah but Ron needs to point out the skeletons in her closet & expose her at the earliest & the best thing about it is that he's the perfect guy to do it because he himself has none :D (not real ones anyway)

Looking at those numbers, it seems she's gobbled up almost all of Huck's social conservatives as well as taken a bite at some of Palin's support. Ron really needs to focus on getting the social conservatives, he's almost the most socially conservative person out there, he needs to emphasize on his family values, the way he's raised his children, his 53 YO marriage, his Christian faith, etc etc

Billay
07-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Those Bin Laden comments really hurt Ron.

Paul4Prez
07-04-2011, 08:41 PM
The poll results aren't really a surprise. Gary Johnson was a popular governor there, and people remember him. He also appeals to the same smaller-government types that gravitate toward Ron Paul. Take Johnson out of the question, and Ron Paul polls at 8 percent, similar to his standing nationally.

PPP is not the most reputable polling organization, and to include Palin at this point is a little silly, especially to leave her in and take Johnson out, when he's actually running and she's not. Even so, we have to accept reality, and keep working to move the needle and get more people to realize that Ron Paul is a serious candidate, and the only one who will really make a difference or change anything for the better.

Restore-America-NOW
07-04-2011, 09:14 PM
What's up with Ron doing so poorly in the polls lately? I could've sworn that a few weeks ago he was in the double digits...