PDA

View Full Version : Tips on how to convert friends and family in person and on Facebook

AlexAmore
06-30-2011, 02:27 AM
People who have a lot of perceived value to a group can easily make them do pretty much anything with suggestion and calls to action later on.

There are many varieties of value. One of them is being similar and being smart. We all like people that are like us.

So before you go talking up Ron Paul you want to first find out if they are left, right or whatever and then just talk about issues you both agree on. That's it. Just do that for awhile. When new stuff comes up on the news bring it up if you can both agree. School him/her on the issues you both agree on making them awe in amazement.

Finally after a few weeks or feel it out, mention Ron Paul very passively in conversation again in way that they will be in agreement. Don't promote, just mention him ONCE and let it pass unless they go at it. Then let some time pass and mention him again.

For example I just put my first message on Facebook doing this same strategy with ALL my friends at once.
"Bin Laden is killed yet we're now reportedly involved in 5 wars, threatening Syria. More troops have died under Obama than Bush. And now I see Obama is "throwing down the gauntlet" at the GOP to raise taxes instead of cutting maybe 1 war...perhaps? Yeah Gaddafi is a bad guy. There are LOT'S of bad guys and will be new ones and it's not worth throwing our economy under the bus and spreading our military thin.

No mention of Ron Paul. Think about this as a political talk show host gathering a fanbase and then passive comments later on with Ron Paul mentioned. I've already had great success doing this with no teeth pulling...it's like they come to you for Ron Paul.

Sentinelrv
06-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Yes, this is what people need to be doing. Too many people try to convince others of Ron Paul without first building trust with the other person. They create no trust or similarity, no rapport. Why should the other person just take your word for it? You need to show them that you understand their way of thinking. Check out this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300258-Here-s-how-I-have-been-diffusing-the-quot-but-can-he-win-quot-quot-What-are-his-chances-though-quot-talk) and my response to it. It's the second post in the thread. You seem to be talking here more about a longer-term approach though.

sevin
06-30-2011, 06:34 AM
This is good advice.

AlexAmore
06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, this is what people need to be doing. Too many people try to convince others of Ron Paul without first building trust with the other person. They create no trust or similarity, no rapport. Why should the other person just take your word for it? You need to show them that you understand their way of thinking. Check out this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300258-Here-s-how-I-have-been-diffusing-the-quot-but-can-he-win-quot-quot-What-are-his-chances-though-quot-talk) and my response to it. It's the second post in the thread. You seem to be talking here more about a longer-term approach though.

Yeah it's a longer term approach for sure. I figure if a lot of people can convert their closest people the best and shuttle them to the voting booths we can get some real results. As you know this is just basic selling 101. It's why some smart salespeople get on same side of the table when selling to get a "same side as you are" mentality.

Also a lot of people are probably afraid of mentioning Ron Paul because they don't want to lose friends and be uncomfortable with family members. I used to be that way last election. Now I've learned a lot from business and other activities on how to sell. I'm just applying the same principals. The method simply makes you not have to worry about losing anything now.