PDA

View Full Version : Help Ron Paul ID Iowa Supporters

SteveBierfeldt
06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
I've talked with many of you who may not live in Iowa but still want to help the campaign's efforts for the Iowa Straw Poll.

Visit the IowaForRonPaul.com website and click the "Get Involved" (http://iowaforronpaul.com/get-involved.php) tab.

Fill out the form and hit submit.

I will be in touch with you right away about how you can help the official Iowa campaign help Ron Paul.

I'l be using these data forms to keep organized records and drawing from this pool of volunteers as we move forward through the next phase of our Iowa Strategy, so if you want to help, please submit this form.

Thank you.

Thomas
06-29-2011, 09:48 PM
bump!

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 09:49 PM
I already filled it in once but no one has gotten in touch with me... will it mess things up if I do it again?

angelatc
06-29-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm in.

johndeal
06-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Filled out the form. Please let me know how I can help.

belian78
06-29-2011, 11:40 PM
I filled this out previously as well, should we fill it out again?

ForLibertyFight
06-30-2011, 02:17 AM
I talked to Steve today. I'm very excited about this. Everyone should sign up and help the campaign win the Ames Straw Poll.

LibertyEagle
06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Signed up. :)

Esoteric
06-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I'll be helping at RP2012.org, thanks. We have already recruited 150+ Iowans to the straw poll, and will probably end up recruiting more people to the poll than the campaign will (phone bomb on July 16th).

The infrastructure is set up. We've got the phone numbers (Indy's and Dem's - people who the campaign is not likely calling), and we're rolling. Why are you encouraging people to sign up at the official campaign's site, only to wait for you to summon them, when they could be actually doing something right now?

I have just one question for Steve - If I wanted to volunteer my time to the campaign by making phone calls, would the campaign welcome my help, or do they see the grassroots as a liability? All signs point to the latter. Is it better to have 1000 people making phone calls with a few "stoners" mixed in, or 4 "vetted" people trying to make phone calls to millions of Iowans by themselves?

People shouldn't care about their own states until we know that Ron will actually have a catalyst that breaks him through the 10% ceiling. All attention should be focused at Ames. Without a win there, concerning myself with my home state will be moot.

trey4sports
06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
bump for importance.

Koz
06-30-2011, 06:40 AM
I'll be helping at RP2012.org, thanks. We have already recruited 150+ Iowans to the straw poll, and will probably end up recruiting more people to the poll than the campaign will (phone bomb on July 16th).

The infrastructure is set up. We've got the phone numbers (Indy's and Dem's - people who the campaign is not likely calling), and we're rolling. Why are you encouraging people to sign up at the official campaign's site, only to wait for you to summon them, when they could be actually doing something right now?

I have just one question for Steve - If I wanted to volunteer my time to the campaign by making phone calls, would the campaign welcome my help, or do they see the grassroots as a liability? All signs point to the latter. Is it better to have 1000 people making phone calls with a few "stoners" mixed in, or 4 "vetted" people trying to make phone calls to millions of Iowans by themselves?

People shouldn't care about their own states until we know that Ron will actually have a catalyst that breaks him through the 10% ceiling. All attention should be focused at Ames. Without a win there, concerning myself with my home state will be moot.

We are recruiting a contingent here in sw ohio to make calls on the 16th. I'm also going to register on the site too. Also going to go to Iowa if they can use boots on the ground. We can do this!

Thargok
06-30-2011, 06:41 AM

It's true what they say about assumptions... He literally comes here to ask for help and you start accusing him of not wanting help. Are you just making assumings, or are you a raging lunatic? All signs point to the latter.

All signs point to the latter? What is that supposed to mean? Do you want to submit evidence that the campaign is wasting time and resources for the nefarious plot of ruining their own resumés? Iowa is such a wonderful place, I'm sure Steve is just trying to scam us all and take us all for his modest salary and retire forever on the beaches of Iowa.

We are recruiting a contingent here in sw ohio to make calls on the 16th. I'm also going to register on the site too. Also going to go to Iowa if they can use boots on the ground. We can do this!

Unless you are a citizen of Iowa, I don't see the need to waste resources going there in person. Phone calls will definitely help, but with the quarter ending today the money you would spend to go to Iowa should be used for the end of the quarter push. If Ron keeps raising money, they will have no choice but to consider him a frontrunner. Just yesterday I saw a poll on MSNBC that completely left Ron out, yet had Santorum, Cain and Pawlenty. We cannot let the media ignore us, and having the most money of anybody participating in the Ames Straw poll a month before the poll will be great press coverage and a huge message to undecided voters.

On that note, make sure donations go through the Iowa projects page, give Steve all the support he truly needs to win.

The Dark Knight
06-30-2011, 07:54 AM

Its called Strategy. Steve has a strategy. He has a plan. Getting the Grassroots involved to make phone calls is that next phase of the plan. You just cant start throwing out lists the first week you get the job. So Far the Iowa campaign team has purchased the best plot of land and has over 100 county leaders. Buses have been reserved and now its just a numbers game. The Campaign is now ready and organized to make mass amounts of calls with the grassroots to win.

VoluntaryAmerican
06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Signed up. This is very important, we need more people signing up.

mlee45
06-30-2011, 09:17 AM
bump

BrendenR
06-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Hope to hear something soon. Signed up there when the iowa page first went up, heard nothing since.

johndeal
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Steve, I'm ready to help. Just let me know. Until then I'll be working with rp2012.org (http://rp2012.org). I've made 400 calls there to independents and found 4 people who will now be going to the straw poll with their friends. I would much rather be calling Republicans and be more efficient. So let me know how I can help.

Uriah
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
From what I know a ROBO call went out to identify Ron Paul supporters. I have made calls through the campaigns list of potential supporters and have been successful. I haven't had much communication with the Iowa staff but I think they want to utilize Iowans to call Iowans right now, just my thought though. I can tell you that the campaign is working and your money is being put to good use. Although you may not see it effects yet.

I believe most resources are being devoted to the Ames straw poll and the early states and building an infrastructure. If you have read any of Doug Wead's stuff, there is a strategy to win the nomination! Not just put up blimps and posters and the like.

ForLibertyFight
06-30-2011, 02:46 PM
bump

Badger Paul
06-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Steve asked for my help and I will do so this month.

The Moravian
07-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Calling on your own or through the "RP2012" website shouldn't cause any problems for the official campaign, that is, so long as you are telling everyone you call that you are independently volunteering with the unofficial group "RP2012.org" and not the official Ron Paul campaign. This is in case there are voters who get called multiple times (by different phone banks), so it won't give them the false impression that "the Paul campaign just keeps calling me over and over again, why can't they get their act together?", which will be used as a criticism of the campaign. If you don't think this will happen, you've never worked a phone bank that ends up calling the same people over and over again; even supportive voters get annoyed at being needlessly bothered, it gives the campaign a bad reputation and drives people away. I've worked a few phone banks that do that and that's exactly what happens.

Also, I'm sure that you are asking every Iowan who agrees to vote for Dr Paul at the Ames Straw Poll to contact the official campaign so they can get any needed help in order to fully participate in the Straw Poll. I don't know exactly what will go on in Ames on August 12th but I've learned to never assume that anything is as simple as it sounds, so I try to get as much good information as possible.

parocks
07-01-2011, 06:11 AM
You should listen to the campaign on this.

i'll be helping at rp2012.org, thanks. We have already recruited 150+ iowans to the straw poll, and will probably end up recruiting more people to the poll than the campaign will (phone bomb on july 16th).

The infrastructure is set up. We've got the phone numbers (indy's and dem's - people who the campaign is not likely calling), and we're rolling. why are you encouraging people to sign up at the official campaign's site, only to wait for you to summon them, when they could be actually doing something right now?

i have just one question for steve - if i wanted to volunteer my time to the campaign by making phone calls, would the campaign welcome my help, or do they see the grassroots as a liability? All signs point to the latter. Is it better to have 1000 people making phone calls with a few "stoners" mixed in, or 4 "vetted" people trying to make phone calls to millions of iowans by themselves?

People shouldn't care about their own states until we know that ron will actually have a catalyst that breaks him through the 10% ceiling. All attention should be focused at ames. Without a win there, concerning myself with my home state will be moot.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Lots of good information here on how we can help the campaign in Iowa: http://iowaforronpaul.com/get-involved.php

angelatc
07-02-2011, 05:20 PM

You should be banned for trying to undermine the campaign's efforts. If you insist on beating your own drum, then go start your own thread. But it's pretty pathetic to show up in this one and make a fuss about yourself.

angelatc
07-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I just finished up my first list, and I can't tell you what a high I got from it.

I *hate* talking to strangers. I mean that in the strongest sense of the word. When I was calling from the GOP list in 2008, I literally threw up a couple of times because I hate it that much.

This is different. This awesome. I keep thinking of the actress that accepted her Academy Award by saying, "They like me! They really like me!"

I really believe I made a difference today. I only wish more of us would pick up the phone and knock this out.

The sooner we plow through it, the more time we're giving the campaign to follow up on our leads.

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm about to sign up again. They didn't call. Maybe I did it wrong. :mad:

angelatc
07-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Maybe you should call him. He answers his phone. If you read the emails, he also says he's organizing then responses. Maybe you're a level 2 responder!

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I get emails hours and hours after others do, too...

LibertyEagle
07-02-2011, 05:44 PM

Or just call Steve. I am sure it was some kind of mix up. He called me yesterday. I missed it and called back. He returned my call in like 10 seconds. No lie. So call him. He will want to talk to you.

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Did he leave a message when he called? I hate to bug him on the weekend, but I have time this evening and tomorrow to do some calling....

limequat
07-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I just finished up my first list, and I can't tell you what a high I got from it.

I *hate* talking to strangers. I mean that in the strongest sense of the word. When I was calling from the GOP list in 2008, I literally threw up a couple of times because I hate it that much.

This is different. This awesome. I keep thinking of the actress that accepted her Academy Award by saying, "They like me! They really like me!"

I really believe I made a difference today. I only wish more of us would pick up the phone and knock this out.

The sooner we plow through it, the more time we're giving the campaign to follow up on our leads.

Signed up. I hope you're right about this.

ForLibertyFight
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Steve Bierfeldt, director of Iowa's campaign, called me the other day and helped me get set up to call Iowans from the list that the Iowa campaign has.

So far I'm having much success. I called 11 people and three of them made committments to attend the Ames Straw Poll.

Napoleon's Shadow
07-02-2011, 09:37 PM

Steve Bierfeldt, director of Iowa's campaign, called me the other day and helped me get set up to call Iowans from the list that the Iowa campaign has.

So far I'm having much success. I called 11 people and three of them made committments to attend the Ames Straw Poll.

THIS is how elections are won!

Napoleon's Shadow
07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Did he leave a message when he called? I hate to bug him on the weekend, but I have time this evening and tomorrow to do some calling....He is working 7 days a week, almost 14+ hours a day. Unless it's stupid late or stupid early, give him a call, he wants to hear from you!

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 09:44 PM
He is working 7 days a week, almost 14+ hours a day. Unless it's stupid late or stupid early, give him a call, he wants to hear from you!

OK, I'll call tomorrow. At this point it is stupid late, but I do want to make calls before the weekend is over. We are having family in next week, and I'd like to knock out a bunch of calls before they come.

trey4sports
07-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey, what do you guys think about making calls on the 4th? Waste of time?

sailingaway
07-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey, what do you guys think about making calls on the 4th? Waste of time?

Not hardly. At night, maybe, but some have evening barbeques, some afternoon. And some who don't have kids don't do much about it. When I was calling for Rand I avoided Sunday evenings, though. What do you think about calling on Sundays?

trey4sports
07-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Not hardly. At night, maybe, but some have evening barbeques, some afternoon. And some who don't have kids don't do much about it. When I was calling for Rand I avoided Sunday evenings, though. What do you think about calling on Sundays?

Sunday should be fine. In fact i would think the window to make calls would be better than on a weekday. I imagine you could make calls starting at 1 or 2 PM CST and get a good amount of people picking up the phone. I would check with Steve on that, though.

ForLibertyFight
07-03-2011, 12:29 AM
I would try calling around 5-7 pm Iowa time preferably on weekdays. That's the time I found to be most effective because most people are home from work.

Yesterday, I called about 11 people during that time and not only nine of them answer their phones, three of them actually agreed to attend the Straw Poll.
Today, I called around 1 pm and many people did not pick up so I had to leave voice mails.

It's great if you make calls but try to call around 5-7 pm if you can.

ForLibertyFight
07-07-2011, 12:28 AM

www.IowaForRonPaul.com

check out this phonebanking site also:

www.rp2012.org

tobefree
07-07-2011, 02:11 AM
I encourage people to sign up to: www.IowaForRonPaul.com. The calls will be productive because the campaign has lists of mostly previously ID'd Ron Paul supporters. (I gather there is a list of 15k to 18k from '08... probably at least 10k that are good ID's)

I also encourage people to sign up to: www.rp2012.org

I do have some questions. The campaign has resources.

1) Professional callers can do GOTV for $1 to $5 a connect. If you can hire the best callers/closers you can go through a list of 15k in no time and probably get thousands of straw poll participants for $75k.

2) Why charge $10 for straw poll tickets? I understand that you might get more committed people to attend if they put up money. However if you gave supporters free vouchers redeemable for tickets that admit up to 4 people, the attendees will more likely be thinking about bringing friends and family. This will multiply our efforts. The cost of the ticket will not be spent unless people redeem the vouchers.

Regards,

Ron Paul 2012 - Grassroots for Liberty
www.rp2012.org

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rp2012org

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rp2012org

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/RP2012org/244175648942554

To help win Ames and election!

Text AMES to (515) 212-2855
Msg & Data rates apply

07-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I encourage people to sign up to: www.IowaForRonPaul.com. The calls will be productive because the campaign has lists of mostly previously ID'd Ron Paul supporters. (I gather there is a list of 15k to 18k from '08... probably at least 10k that are good ID's)

I also encourage people to sign up to: www.rp2012.org

I do have some questions. The campaign has resources.

1) Professional callers can do GOTV for $1 to $5 a connect. If you can hire the best callers/closers you can go through a list of 15k in no time and probably get thousands of straw poll participants for $75k.

2) Why charge $10 for straw poll tickets? I understand that you might get more committed people to attend if they put up money. However if you gave supporters free vouchers redeemable for tickets that admit up to 4 people, the attendees will more likely be thinking about bringing friends and family. This will multiply our efforts. The cost of the ticket will not be spent unless people redeem the vouchers.

Exceptional post, great points.

Number 1 is a moot point if we can get the supporters to make the calls; however, I would tend to agree that time is money and that the fast we can get it done thoroughly, the better.

Number 2 is right on. Why charge anything if someone can get multiple others to go at no cost? With free transportation and the like, it would really allow us to reach a higher number of participants than otherwise. Furthermore, I would wonder if we are giving any extra incentive. Perhaps, for example, we could give everyone a nice barbeque lunch at the straw poll itself. I think the Romney campaign did this last time, no?

ForLibertyFight
07-08-2011, 12:12 AM
bump.

IndianaPolitico
07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Bump!

trey4sports
07-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm afraid that giving away tickets for free would distort the actual amount of support he will have. if the the campaign has sold 500 tickets to a particular county close to Ames they can accurately plan and reserve transportation accordingly. If they give away those 500 tickets they could reserve transportation accordingly but since the tix were free, turnout might be lower and everything built around that 500 number will be distorted, transportation will then be distorted, etc etc.

sailingaway
07-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm afraid that giving away tickets for free would distort the actual amount of support he will have. if the the campaign has sold 500 tickets to a particular county close to Ames they can accurately plan and reserve transportation accordingly. If they give away those 500 tickets they could reserve transportation accordingly but since the tix were free, turnout might be lower and everything built around that 500 number will be distorted, transportation will then be distorted, etc etc.

Yeah, having it cost SOMETHING is some pressure to not get them if you don't intend to go, so those who get them are more likely to show up. Cain is giving them away free, though, from what he was quoted as saying.

limequat
07-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Just made it through my first list.
I'm terrified of cold-calling people, but this is actually easy work. Not one person was rude or mean. Iowans seem to be really nice people. Haven't identified any RP voters yet :( Got more work to do.

BrendenR
07-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Just made it through my first list.
I'm terrified of cold-calling people, but this is actually easy work. Not one person was rude or mean. Iowans seem to be really nice people. Haven't identified any RP voters yet :( Got more work to do.

Are you calling from the rp2012.org site or from the official campains lists? Make sure you sign up at the www.iowaforronpaul.com site to get hooked into the official campaign, if you are not already.

limequat
07-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Are you calling from the rp2012.org site or from the official campains lists? Make sure you sign up at the www.iowaforronpaul.com site to get hooked into the official campaign, if you are not already.

This is via the official campaign.

trey4sports
07-10-2011, 08:51 AM
This is via the official campaign.

Then you're not cold-calling!! The official list is a list of supporters.

sailingaway
07-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Then you're not cold-calling!! The official list is a list of supporters.

I think they might have already gone through those or might have others handling those to plug them more into volunteer opportunities. I think now they have 'reason to think sympathetic' (as in members of groups like gun groups) or sometimes just 'Republican'. The lists are all mixed together at this point, as I understand it. But this is important not just for the straw poll but for later 'get out the vote' efforts, so it is key to do. Consider your progress to be working through the list, not just id'ing supporters.