PDA

View Full Version : This spin that Ron is calling for the US to 'walk away from its debts' is all over & untru

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 07:01 PM
h xxp://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/ron-paul-debt-ceiling/2011/06/29/id/401947

He only said to walk away from the interest to the fed since there was no value in the money the fed 'loaned' when it created money out of thin air. He seemed to call that a kind of bankruptcy (he actually just agreed with the word chosen by the announcer). This is an attempt to make it look like Ron would walk away from rightful obligations, which isn't true, he would just walk away from giving something for nothing.

The WHO radio interview is when this came up, and it is on the forums. I just thought people should know because this spin is all over the web with saturation such as Rand was hit with after Maddow. It will sink into the blogasphere and never die, at this point, so you might want to know what he was really saying.

specsaregood
06-29-2011, 07:08 PM
it wouldn't be the first time the us has done so and it is hardly an uncommon affair among the mundanes or the elite.

as far as I am concerned, walk away from all of it. I didn't agree to it and most of it is unconstitutional thus illegal so the debt should be null and void.

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Murray Rothbard would be pleased to hear this spin: http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard190.html