PDA

View Full Version : Tom Petty reportedly wants TO SUE Bachmann to stop using ‘American Girl’

Delegate2
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM
It's not a campaign if a rock star doesn't get mad about a politician using their music without permission.

Following in the steps of David Byrne v. Charlie Crist and other legendary artist versus candidate smack downs, Tom Petty is reportedly preparing to take legal action against Michele Bachmann's campaign, after she played his 1977 hit "American Girl" at her 2012 announcement rally in Iowa Monday.

http://www.hermancainforums.com/index.php?topic=188.0

dannno
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Funny story, in 2007 I was campaigning for Ron Paul and it was the end of the day and most of the crowds were gone. I see this guy walking down the street from a distance, small round sunglasses, cool older lookin guy, kinda short.. and as he comes up I ask him if he knows who Ron Paul is. He says no, he doesn't like politics. I told him if he didn't like politics, he should look into Ron Paul as he wants to get rid of most of the current functions of the federal government, including ending the war on drugs and ending our wars overseas. He was acting like I was making all this up and no politician actually felt that way, and was surprised to find out he was a Republican.

He took some information and thanked me and walked off, he didn't seem terribly interested in standing around and talking. A few minutes later, I couldn't stop thinking about this guy, he seemed kinda familiar.. Then I realized he looked exactly like Tom Petty!! So I went home, did some searching and found something about him having a residence around here. Also found some info that he's pretty short. I think it may have been him. Hopefully one day somebody else will talk to him about Ron Paul and he'll remember the first time he heard about him and will come out and support him.

Imaginos
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Go Tom go!
Please sue the snake!

Rocket80
06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
There is nothing illegal about doing this though, right? Of all the times I've heard of this happening I can't recall a resolution....

Krugerrand
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
That's just Tom being petty.

I'd like to find some Barbra Streisand music that would go well w/ liberty/Ron Paul/etc. The best way to stick it to liberal musicians is to set their music to messages they don't like.