PDA

View Full Version : News is so disappointing

ForLiberty2012
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM
So I got home from the bar last night... flipped on ABC (local news was on), and they were talking about how Obama is doing a terrible job... I'm thinking, okay, I like what I hear... Then the next thing you know, they put on Michele Bachmann and talk about how she is the fresh new face working for limited government, sticking to the constitution, etc etc. Then they do a blurp on Romney, but that was it... So of course I'm a bit upset, so I put on CBS to see what's up with them... SAME CRAP... talking about how Michele Bachmann represents limited government, blah blah.... WHAT IS GOING ON????

Brandon Todd Carr
06-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Just turn on a late night talk show or some alternative media making fun of her statements on John Wayne and the founding fathers fighting slavery. xD

AdamT
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Building up Bachmann as a straw man (woman) to lose to Obama.

ForLiberty2012
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I almost feel like they put these two clowns out there just to send a message to the people saying.... you really think they can replace obama?

PastaRocket848
06-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Bachmann isn't a threat. She can ride the media wave for a while, but as soon as she starts showing any real strength the criticism will come, and she will implode spectacularly. She just doesn't have anything to back up her rhetoric. Patriot Act, stimulus, past statements, it's going to be a rough one for her. The good news is that the majority of her supporters will likely turn to Ron after she drops, unless Perry can trick the Tea Party in to supporting him.

belian78
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
First it was Cain, now Bachmann is getting the push. Once she starts to drop Perry will be the 'Tea Party favorite'. One after another will go to the meatgrinder in an attempt to steer people away from Ron.

CaptUSA
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Bachmann isn't a threat. She can ride the media wave for a while, but as soon as she starts showing any real strength the criticism will come, and she will implode spectacularly. She just doesn't have anything to back up her rhetoric. Patriot Act, stimulus, past statements, it's going to be a rough one for her. The good news is that the majority of her supporters will likely turn to Ron after she drops, unless Perry can trick the Tea Party in to supporting him.
Right. Not a threat; an opportunity. (Unless we blow it by trashing her...) +rep

Elwar
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Throwing candidate after candidate against the wall to see if they stick...she too will fall.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 12:52 PM
First it was Cain, now Bachmann is getting the push. Once she starts to drop Perry will be the 'Tea Party favorite'. One after another will go to the meatgrinder in an attempt to steer people away from Ron.

Perry is going to have an issue with Ron beating him by 7 points in head to head polling against Obama, per PPP's poll released today. More tellingly, in the poll, Ron wins against Obama, and Perry loses to Obama. And this is in TEXAS. Bachmann at this, the height of her popularity before being vetted, also wins against Obama, but by fewer points than Ron does. And this should be one of her best states being the south and heavily religious right voters.