PDA

View Full Version : Just Got a Phone Call - From Daily Paul Poster

Paulatized
06-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Just saw this posted on the Daily Paul:

Just Got A Phone Call...
Submitted by stephieb on Wed, 06/29/2011 - 13:01.

from the campaign. They are actively asking for funds. I think this proactive approach will help them reach their 5 million dollar goal easily. The campaign is reaching people who are not aware of this last quarter push.

Within 2 hrs the total has gone up $58,870.50
From 3,709,247.70 to 3,768,118.27 I wondered what had caused this jump. If this keeps up we will be close to 5M by the end of Thursday.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Because I (or we?) got the facebook page updated.

tsai3904
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
I got the call too. The people I spoke with (one in the beginning of the call and one at the end) could not have been less enthusiastic. I could tell they hated their job and did not work for the campaign.

The jump is probably due to Ron Paul requesting donations this morning on his Facebook page.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I hope it keeps up..... I always expected the end to be the big push, but I want us to be over $4 mill before tomorrow.

--
ah, facebook. good.

libertybrewcity
06-29-2011, 12:01 PM
i got a call too from the campaign! woohoo! they were asking for pledges. i didn't want to give them my card information so i said i would make a donation online.

muzzled dogg
06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
They called asking for sherm I said this is shem

She said Ron had a message wanted me to hear she said do I wanna hear it

I said no if he wants to talk to me have him call me

RonPaulVolunteer
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Encourage these people no-end.

"Wow, wow... you are calling me for Ron Paul?" "Yes sir" "Wow, you get to be one of those on the true front-line - saving our country. That's an incredibly privileged position you have there my friend, I hope you appreciate just how much you're doing for America right now? I look up to you my friend, thank you so much for what you're doing. I hope you finish your shift today mighty proud of all you're doing for the cause of freedom in our nation. Are you ready for my credit card number?"

This will end the feedback from Post #3.

musicmax
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
FYI the caller ID says [Mod Redacted]

Paulatized
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I hope they are not playing the whole 4 min. appeal. It was long to listen to, even for me. You're not going to hold anyone's attention over a minute and a half.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 12:49 PM
I hope they are not playing the whole 4 min. appeal. It was long to listen to, even for me. You're not going to hold anyone's attention over a minute and a half.

Yeah, it should just say "We are coming up to an important fundraising deadline, which the media will be watching closely. Romney and Bachmann are sure to post impressive numbers. I don't need the numbers Romney has, but we do need funding to run the winning campaign we strive for. Please consider donating now to my campaign web page at www.ronpaul2012.com"

I love the guy, and I don't listen all the way through.

rich34
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Hopefully where tomorrow is pay day for a lot of folks we'll get a big last day push. I get paid tomorrow and intend on donating then. Not sure we'll hit 5 million, but 4.5 is definitely in reach.

S.Shorland
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
The ticker says 1day 3 hours 47 minutes so that's 1 full day from UK midnight GMT but you people are 5 hours behind (EST).So tomorrow is not a full 24 hour donation day?The ticker can't detect I'm British,surely?

RonPaulVolunteer
06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Well yes, it could, and might be.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
For me the ticker says 1 day 11 hours. I'm on the west coast.

I wonder what it says in Hawaii? :rolleyes:

Regardless, since this is an FEC deadline, it isn't just a matter of what our clocks say, one of these times is correct, and it is probably EDT, since the campaign office is in Virginia. That would be my guess, in any event.

S.Shorland
06-29-2011, 01:22 PM
The pace has certainly picked up.Well done for getting the facebook updated.Pawlenty hired a digital communications manager.Maybe Ron should do the same.

Aldanga
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
The ticker says 1day 3 hours 47 minutes so that's 1 full day from UK midnight GMT but you people are 5 hours behind (EST).So tomorrow is not a full 24 hour donation day?The ticker can't detect I'm British,surely?
The ticker is based on your system clock. If you change the date on your PC, the ticker will reflect that. It's a really stupid way of designing it, since they could just grab the server time and calculate from there. It's been this way every time there's a countdown in the site.