PDA

View Full Version : PPP - Texas Presidential Poll

tsai3904
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Texas (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/06/texas-lukewarm-on-perry-bid.html)
6/25 - 6/27
795 voters
+/-3.5%

General Election Matchups

Romney 50%
Obama 42%

Paul 45%
Obama 40%

Bachmann 47%
Obama 44%

Pawlenty 44%
Obama 43%

Obama 43%
Cain 43%

Obama 46%
Palin 44%

Obama 47%
Perry 45%

Favorability Ratings

Bachmann 39/36 (+3)
Cain 27/33 (-6)
Romney 37/43 (-6)
Perry 43/52 (-9) (approve/disapprove of performance)
Pawlenty 22/37 (-15)
Paul 30/46 (-16)
Palin 37/55 (-18)

Do you think Rick Perry should run for president next year, or not?

He should run 33%
He should not 59%

realtonygoodwin
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow, Ron does very poorly among younger voters, but surprisingly well among African-Americans.

CaptUSA
06-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Hmmm... interesting and strange poll here.

So Obama gets his lowest numbers vs. Paul, but Paul only gets 45%?
An easy explanation for this would be that some Obama voters would go for Paul if he was in the race, but Paul would lose some GOP voters who may be undecided or would look for a third party. I'm not sure if that's what's happening here, but it seems like a possible explanation.

At any rate, it is telling that most don't want Perry to run.

Bern
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
PPP did not poll me.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
What about actual votes?

Because the nonsense in the favorability 'net' is that more vote for Ron against Obama than vote for Perry against Obama. REALLY HATING Ron doesn't give someone more than one vote.

He has a greater lead against Obama than Bachmann, too.

Badger Paul
06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion Perry won't run. If not now when everything is so fluid, then what benefit comes to you announcing later on when it becomes tougher to raise money and put together campaign organizations? It's not something you can just do from scratch and the longer Perry or Palin waits, the less likely they get in.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion Perry won't run. If not now when everything is so fluid, then what benefit comes to you announcing later on when it becomes tougher to raise money and put together campaign organizations? It's not something you can just do from scratch and the longer Perry or Palin waits, the less likely they get in.

Yeah, as soon as I heard of his 'elective back surgery' I decided he was saving face for deciding not to run. Could be wrong, but that is how it struck me. Freedomworks is still pushing him though, telling us whatever we needed to know about Freedomworks that we didn't already know from their pushing Pro-Tarp Paul Ryan, first.

Maximus
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Hmmm... interesting and strange poll here.

So Obama gets his lowest numbers vs. Paul, but Paul only gets 45%?
An easy explanation for this would be that some Obama voters would go for Paul if he was in the race, but Paul would lose some GOP voters who may be undecided or would look for a third party. I'm not sure if that's what's happening here, but it seems like a possible explanation.

At any rate, it is telling that most don't want Perry to run.

I think some republicans who oppose Paul now would definitely vote for him when given the choice of Paul and Obama.

So many of them are saying "anyone but Obama".

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
I think some republicans who oppose Paul now would definitely vote for him when given the choice of Paul and Obama.

So many of them are saying "anyone but Obama".

Whereas apparently those who 'approve' of Perry prefer Obama for President, saying quite a bit about how 'conservative' Perry isn't.

Bern
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
... Freedomwatch is still pushing him though, telling us whatever we needed to know about Freedomwatch that we didn't already know from their pushing Pro-Tarp Paul Ryan, first.

Freedomworks <> Freedomwatch

:eek:

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Freedomworks <> Freedomwatch

:eek:

LOL! Sorry. fixed

muzzled dogg
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
We are fuxked

These people kno nothing about any one of these candidates

parocks
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_TX_629513.pdf
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/06/texas-lukewarm-on-perry-bid.html

Texas PPP Poll

ron leads obama 45/40 (Romney at 50/42 against obama - everyone else has smaller marginP

lowest obama number 40

paul 39% favorable with indies - best republican
obama/paul 45/38 w/ indies - -7 - best republican (romney next w/ -14)
obama/paul - highest undecided w/ republicans (18%, but low Obama numbers as well 7%)
obama/paul - paul best republican 30-45
obama/paul - obama, men 33% - paul best republican

06-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Great poll. I really am liking PPP recently, their methodology and creativity on where they poll is top notch.

I think the best thing out of the poll, besides Ron Paul's destruction of Obama, is this:

18% of voters think the state should secede to 71% who are opposed to the idea with 11% unsure.
Hah, awesome. Texas is awesome.

Also, for those of you wondering why Ron Paul doesn't have as high favorable numbers as elsewhere, it is worth remembering that the Houston and DFW press corps really do cover him poorly most of the time. The Houston Chronicle, in particular, is really nasty, and since he is "Houston area," he gets a fair amount of coverage in it. Almost all of it slants against him.

Kregisen
06-29-2011, 07:14 PM
It bamboozles me that out of all people polled who consider themselves "VERY Conservative"...47% have a favorable view of Romney.

If Romney was in the Democratic party he would be in the more liberal half of the democrats....THAT is how liberal he is. 47% of "very conservatives" are fucking dumbasses.

Teaser Rate
06-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Anyone else find Ron's high negatives in recent polls to be increasingly worrisome?

GunnyFreedom
06-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow, Ron does very poorly among younger voters, but surprisingly well among African-Americans.

I ran as a Republican for NC State House and won the black vote in my district, especially where I specifically campaigned for the black vote. I have been saying since August 2010 that the appeal of this message to minority voters is a secret weapon that we would be stupid not to wield.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Anyone else find Ron's high negatives in recent polls to be increasingly worrisome?

Not when he beats Obama head to head and Perry doesn't.... IN TEXAS. Ron's approvals have actually been rising in the last couple of polling cycles.

Note that the inescapable conclusion from the high approval rating for Perry, compared with the fact that Obama would beat him in a head to head contest, means that some who approve of Perry would prefer Obama for President. This gives some clue as to how 'conservative' his backers are.

Billay
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Rick Perry can't even beat Obama in his own state that's great! If Ron Paul doesn't win I want Romney to win the nomination because then we are certainly going to see a 3rd party challenge!

tsai3904
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Rick Perry can't even beat Obama in his own state that's great! If Ron Paul doesn't win I want Romney to win the nomination because then we are certainly going to see a 3rd party challenge!

If Ron Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination, I want Obama to win so that Rand can run in 2016.

COpatriot
06-29-2011, 08:44 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination, I want Obama to win so that Rand can run in 2016.

Exactly. Outside of Ron, this GOP field is about as interesting as sand. If they put out some loser like Romney, I would be more than content to watch the GOP get their asses handed to them again just so we can get Rand elected after everyone is finally fed up with the old guard GOP's bullshit.

qh4dotcom
06-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Exactly. Outside of Ron, this GOP field is about as interesting as sand. If they put out some loser like Romney, I would be more than content to watch the GOP get their asses handed to them again just so we can get Rand elected after everyone is finally fed up with the old guard GOP's bullshit.

Oh please, the economy will have collapsed by then...who cares about 2016.

Roy Bleckert
06-29-2011, 10:59 PM
I ran as a Republican for NC State House and won the black vote in my district, especially where I specifically campaigned for the black vote. I have been saying since August 2010 that the appeal of this message to minority voters is a secret weapon that we would be stupid not to wield.

Smart campaigning Gunny !