06-29-2011, 09:47 AM
ughhh

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
ughhh

Pretty much.

newyearsrevolution08
06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
what an exciting title to have posted here....
go figure

Badger Paul
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Statitically tied, flavor of the month.

Fine, let her get the pub because she'll get the scrutiny too.

hillertexas
06-29-2011, 10:04 AM

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
An exciting race to see who loses the least to Mitt Romney in the "free state."

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
what an exciting title to have posted here....
go figure

Yeah, I changed it. Folks, titles in threads here are like advertising. They are automatically broadcast through twitter, multiple times by various followers of this site who don't seem to screen (maybe they have a program doing it.) They turn up as headlines in google search. Think about what you put into your thread titles.

I saw this last night. Statistically it isn't much of a change, one point up for her, two down for Ron, but it is a pain. Frankly, I don't see her going UP from here, though, I see her going down as she is vetted. The Oregon and Montana ones were more amazing to me, with her jump so large.

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 10:08 AM
agree - bad title

What should it say? The only noteworthy aspect of the poll was Ron and Michele swapping places, which was due to Michele jumping, not Ron sinking.

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I changed it. Folks, titles in threads here are like advertising. They are automatically broadcast through twitter, multiple times by various followers of this site who don't seem to screen (maybe they have a program doing it.) They turn up as headlines in google search. Think about what you put into your thread titles.

I saw this last night. Statistically it isn't much of a change, one point up for her, two down for Ron, but it is a pain. Frankly, I don't see her going UP from here, though, I see her going down as she is vetted. The Oregon and Montana ones were more amazing to me, with her jump so large.

I don't mind the change, but if we're thinking about the tweets, I think the original title, "Michele Bachmann jumps ahead of Ron Paul to 2nd in NH Sufolk University poll" is a more favorable tweet because it mentions Ron Paul as a benchmark for another candidate's success.

MRoCkEd
Ron seems to be stuck at about 7-8% while other candidates have bumps and falls. He needs some gamechanging moment, where he gets a lot of attention for something that resonates (like the opposite of the bin laden incident) in order to surge a bit. The good news is that Ron has a solid shot at second in NH. Hopefully Mitt doesn't stay so far ahead.

hillertexas
What should it say? The only noteworthy aspect of the poll was Ron and Michele swapping places, which was due to Michele jumping, not Ron sinking.

How about "New NH Sufolk University poll"?

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Ron seems to be stuck at about 7-8% while other candidates have bumps and falls. He needs some gamechanging moment

Like winning the Ames straw poll.

Michele Bachmann needs to get asked about farm subsidies in the next debate.

tsai3904
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Michele Bachmann needs to get asked about farm subsidies in the next debate.

Too bad the next real debate won't be until August 11, two days before the straw poll.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Ron seems to be stuck at about 7-8% while other candidates have bumps and falls. He needs some gamechanging moment, where he gets a lot of attention for something that resonates (like the opposite of the bin laden incident) in order to surge a bit.

Like winning at Ames.

Or, instead of getting press for filing a bill to legalize marijuana, Ron Paul could get press for filing articles of impeachment against Barack Obama over Libya.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Ron seems to be stuck at about 7-8% while other candidates have bumps and falls. He needs some gamechanging moment, where he gets a lot of attention for something that resonates (like the opposite of the bin laden incident) in order to surge a bit. The good news is that Ron has a solid shot at second in NH. Hopefully Mitt doesn't stay so far ahead.

I don't read these that way. He has been at 10% and 11% in New Hampshire, but Cain and Bachmann were given major bumps when they announced before they were vetted, and Bachmann is still in hers. Can she keep the bump? I don't know. I think a lot depends on how she weathers the next couple of months. Meanwhile Cain and Gingrich are on the way out. Ron will still be there and will only look better by comparison when the dust settles.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Like winning at Ames.

Or, instead of getting press for filing a bill to legalize marijuana, Ron Paul could get press for filing articles of impeachment against Barack Obama over Libya.

He sued the man, he didn't get much glory for it. Ron knows the articles wouldn't go any where.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't mind the change, but if we're thinking about the tweets, I think the original title, "Michele Bachmann jumps ahead of Ron Paul to 2nd in NH Sufolk University poll" is a more favorable tweet because it mentions Ron Paul as a benchmark for another candidate's success.

My thought was actually just to make it: "New New Hampshire poll" and leave it at that....since our guys would look at it and I'm not really trying to drive attention to it. But I wanted to edit as little as possible.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
He sued the man, he didn't get much glory for it. Ron knows the articles wouldn't go any where.

Articles of impeachment would bring a lot more attention than that lawsuit. A lot more positive attention among a GOP primary electorate than a bill legalizing marijuana will bring.

What's more: Ron Paul has filed plenty of bills (including that marijuana one) that he knows "won't go anywhere." Hasn't stopped him before.

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
My thought was actually just to make it: "New New Hampshire poll" and leave it at that....since our guys would look at it and I'm not really trying to drive attention to it. But I wanted to edit as little as possible.

That would make more sense, so go ahead and edit it down to "NH primary poll", maybe with 6/28/11 as well.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Articles of impeachment would bring a lot more attention than that lawsuit. A lot more positive attention among a GOP primary electorate than a bill legalizing marijuana will bring.

What's more: Ron Paul has filed plenty of bills (including that marijuana one) that he knows "won't go anywhere." Hasn't stopped him before.

I actually think the marijuana bill might make it with a concerted grass roots effort. It isn't my primary issue, but it seems like the only catch right now is Lamar Smith, who is a Texan. I think it would be an interesting experiment in 'let's see what happens' to flood his fax and mail with inquiries as to why he thinks the great state of Texas can't determine its own laws governing marijuana, and doesn't he believe in the 10th amendment?

But the impeachment one is almost cliche by now for people who want to make a splash safely knowing it won't go anywhere. Boehner won't bring articles of impeachment, not yet, anyhow. I'm fine with his filing for impeachment, I think it is appropriate, and he voted on Clinton's impeachment for a similar reason, if you've seen his speech on that.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:31 AM
That would make more sense, so go ahead and edit it down to "NH primary poll", maybe with 6/28/11 as well.

done

CaptUSA
06-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I see her going down as she is vetted.

WOW! She really is willing to do anything to be President!

(sorry, I couldn't resist. Just the way I read that)

rp08orbust
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
WOW! She really is willing to do anything to be President!

(sorry, I couldn't resist. Just the way I read that)

Perhaps on Romney, taking them both out of the race at once.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
OK, let's cool it. My fault, I guess.....

TrueFreedom
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't really see this as that big of a negative. Bachmann will mostly drop somewhat and I would expect the primary to look similar to this with Romney winning NH and Ron and Bachmann taking 2/3. But either way, if Ron makes a big push and can win Iowa or pull a second and then finishes top 3 in NH, it's going to give him a lot of momentum. What Paul supporters should want to happen is a strong start and then a long slog between Ron and Romney, where the neo-con republicans will have to hold their noses and vote for Ron because they know that Romney CANNOT beat Obama in the general.

kahless
06-29-2011, 12:49 PM
I just do not get how Republicans who so desperately want Obama out due to his polices could possibly vote for a clone of him - Mr. Romneycare. It makes no sense at all that Romney could lead in any Republican primary poll.

I am going to take a guess that these are independents or people that swing both ways being polled since they can't be that ignorant. Either that and a combination of these polls being rigged.

CaptUSA
06-29-2011, 01:01 PM
OK, let's cool it. My fault, I guess.....

:) Just a little laugh.

Echoes
06-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Is it true that half of NH is Mass. transplants ? I think i read that somewhere, that would explain the Romney infatuation.

rich34
06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
My feeling is these pollsters cannot allow Ron to get above 10% lest people start thinking he really can win. I mean, I'm not saying the numbers are way off, but I have a hard time believing no matter what state, or national poll it is Ron is stuck at 7 to 8 percent.

And on a side note Michelle Bachmann really pisses me off.. First, stealing Rand's tea party caucus idea like a day or two after he comes out with it and now using his "constitutional conservative" label and acting as if she's the only one in the race that supports these ideas when she darn well knows that Ron is what this country needs right now. She's a very self centered, egotistical woman as far as I'm concerned. I don't care what the pundits will say or come up with, sooner or later the campaign really needs Rand to start hitting up these early states to steer the "tea party" back in Ron's direction.....

TheDrakeMan
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
An exciting race to see who loses the least to Mitt Romney in the "free state."

New England Republicans are popular in New England states. It's just how it is. Besides, Romney is campaigning much better than a certain someone.

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
New England Republicans are popular in New England states. It's just how it is. Besides, Romney is campaigning much better than a certain someone.

Really? What is Romney doing well?

Brett85
06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I love it that Pawlenty is so low in all these polls. He's the biggest neo-con of the bunch.

TheDrakeMan
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Really? What is Romney doing well?

He seems to be taking over from Trump, stealing many of his popular talking points on China rhetoric. Of course, Trump was very popular in NH while he was still considering running. So I can see why Romney is doing so well.
http://swampland.time.com/2011/06/02/the-frontrunner-makes-it-official-mitt-romney-targets-obama-acts-like-himself/#ixzz1OCAVKA2j
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/141673-romney-china-represents-threat-to-world