PDA

View Full Version : Highest Number of Individual Donations per Quarter

CaptUSA
06-29-2011, 07:29 AM
I know it's been mentioned before, but at the end of the quarter, each campaign will be saying how much they raised, but wouldn't it be nice if they also reported how many individual donations each received from individuals?

I mean, Romney's got a fundraising machine so his total donation number will probably be higher, but I can't imagine he'd have more low dollar individual donations than we'll end up getting.

The media use these fundraising numbers as a barometer of how a campaign is doing, but if Paul wins the grassroots race, shouldn't that be just as important to gauge real support?

Each campaign should be able to compile this data easily enough. I think that if the Paul campaign pushed this number to the media, it could get reported as an addendum to their fundraising story.

specsaregood
06-29-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd be surprised if the Paul campaign does not release this number or approx number.

R3volutionJedi
06-29-2011, 03:12 PM
They've gotta make this:

A map of the USA below the money bomb ticker, showing the states. You'd be able to scroll over a state and see how much they have raised. it'd be cool

dannno
06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
I know it's been mentioned before, but at the end of the quarter, each campaign will be saying how much they raised, but wouldn't it be nice if they also reported how many individual donations each received from individuals?

I mean, Romney's got a fundraising machine so his total donation number will probably be higher, but I can't imagine he'd have more low dollar individual donations than we'll end up getting.

The media use these fundraising numbers as a barometer of how a campaign is doing, but if Paul wins the grassroots race, shouldn't that be just as important to gauge real support?

Each campaign should be able to compile this data easily enough. I think that if the Paul campaign pushed this number to the media, it could get reported as an addendum to their fundraising story.

Ya remembering back to '08 we've always had the highest number of people who donate, by far. The media should pay attention, good luck getting them to (no, really).

Paul4Prez
07-02-2011, 08:31 PM
We need to elevate this in the national consciousness, in every way possible. Romney may have raised more money, but Ron Paul has the most actual supporters. It will blow up the media's "passionate but limited support" story -- Mitt is the one with passionate but limited support! His few donors write big checks, and we might wonder what they expect back in return. Ron Paul has grassroots support nationwide. If a "mainstream" candidate had this kind of actual grassroots support, it would be the biggest story of the campaign.

sadam
07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
how in the heck did Tim Pawlenty raise 4.2 million? It makes my stomach turn, who would vote for let alone donate to this clown.

Krugerrand
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
how in the heck did Tim Pawlenty raise 4.2 million? It makes my stomach turn, who would vote for let alone donate to this clown.

My understanding is that these could have included donations to the general election as well. So, you could do that with less than 1,000 well financed donors. Start including spouses and other family members, and the number goes even lower.

Also, consider that many of these donors could be giving to more than one campaign. Just because most Ron Paul donors are likely only donating to his presidential campaign doesn't mean that those well connected to the machine aren't willing to fund different parts of the machine.

falconplayer11
07-06-2011, 01:38 PM
We need to elevate this in the national consciousness, in every way possible. Romney may have raised more money, but Ron Paul has the most actual supporters. It will blow up the media's "passionate but limited support" story -- Mitt is the one with passionate but limited support! His few donors write big checks, and we might wonder what they expect back in return. Ron Paul has grassroots support nationwide. If a "mainstream" candidate had this kind of actual grassroots support, it would be the biggest story of the campaign.

Ron does not have more supporters. He has exactly what the media says: "passionate but limited support". Romney supporters are not passionate but they are many.

We all need a wakeup call, I think. Ron is not popular. He polls very low. Yes, it's better than in 2008, but if we are going to campaign successfully we need to remember that the average citizen does not know who Ron Paul is. It's as simple as this: Ron's supporters almost ALL donated to the campaign. And $4.5 million is all we could come up with. We need to do better than that, and we only will if we recognize where we are in terms of getting the word out. It is important to educate people about liberty before just pushing Ron Paul.

olehounddog
07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Found this.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/07/pawlenty-raised-42-million-during-second-quarter.html

UPDATE:

The campaign said not all of the $4.2 million is primary money. Aides said the campaign has been raising for both the primary and the general election because they expect to win the GOP nomination and want to be ready to take on President Obama.

Krugerrand
07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Ron does not have more supporters. He has exactly what the media says: "passionate but limited support". Romney supporters are not passionate but they are many.

We all need a wakeup call, I think. Ron is not popular. He polls very low. Yes, it's better than in 2008, but if we are going to campaign successfully we need to remember that the average citizen does not know who Ron Paul is. It's as simple as this: Ron's supporters almost ALL donated to the campaign. And $4.5 million is all we could come up with. We need to do better than that, and we only will if we recognize where we are in terms of getting the word out. It is important to educate people about liberty before just pushing Ron Paul.

Yes and no.

Romney clearly has more people that will choose him on a telephone poll. That does not mean he has more people that will dip into their pockets and hand him cash. Still, our battle is uphill and will require much effort.

falconplayer11
07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Yes and no.

Romney clearly has more people that will choose him on a telephone poll. That does not mean he has more people that will dip into their pockets and hand him cash. Still, our battle is uphill and will require much effort.

True. But I've been sensing too much optimism among RP supporters lately. We need to remember how others see Ron if we are to campaign effectively.

FriedChicken
07-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm cool with optimism, I'm fueled more by that than I am more depressing realism. Everyone taking part in this discussion has already made calls to Iowa right? Because that is the most needed thing at this moment.
If you're unsure how to get started doing that go to the Iowa section and check it out.

economics102
07-21-2011, 08:46 PM

It should be, but then it would be a metric in which Ron Paul is #1. Therefore it will not be reported.

I'm sure we were #1 in 2008 as well.

Keep in mind though, campaigns are not required to report the # of donations under $200. So even though Ron Paul's campaign might release that data, other campaigns may not. Or they may figure they can lie about it since there's no FEC filing to catch them in the lie.