PDA

View Full Version : FYI: November 5th

cmc
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Maybe everyone knows this, but I think it's important to mention anyway.

November 5th is the day on which Reagan wrote the famous letter announcing his Alzheimer's disease. Personally, I'm donating to Paul's campaign in the former president's honor, not because of any movie or British holiday.

...I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead...

It is actually a rather solemn day and I hope the mainstream media do not spin it too negatively.

ItsTime
10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
guess that is ironic then "remember the 5th" :(

skilt
10-30-2007, 08:25 PM

I guess I'm a sick bastard, but that's just funny

sk

Wyurm
10-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I guess I'm a sick bastard, but that's just funny

sk

that makes two of us :D I'm sorry, I just couldnt help laughing.

Chrispy
10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
that makes two of us :D I'm sorry, I just couldnt help laughing.

call it three i'm cracking up

anewvoice
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I have a sick a sense of humor as anyone, but there is entirely nothing funny about alzheimers. It's an ugly disease which causes more mental pain to the family than you can imagine if not having experienced it.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-30-2007, 08:37 PM

The true definition of humor IMO is irony.
So, it is funny... and it can be done respectfully.

jonahtrainer
10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe everyone knows this, but I think it's important to mention anyway.

November 5th is the day on which Reagan wrote the famous letter announcing his Alzheimer's disease. Personally, I'm donating to Paul's campaign in the former president's honor, not because of any movie or British holiday.

It is actually a rather solemn day and I hope the mainstream media do not spin it too negatively.

That is really cool of you. I totally forgot it was the anniversary day for that letter from Regan. :D