PDA

View Full Version : 1 Idea Posts

Freebie
06-29-2011, 12:34 AM
What say we try an exercise in creativity?

I am sure we all think of new ideas to promote on the ground, new ways to frame talking points, and so on. I know I get them all the time.

Let's make this thread into a huge list of everyone's ideas, and only a list. An idea bank of sorts.

We live in the ADD age and this will help us boil ideas and liberty ideas down to the most essential words. Something I think will help in the long run.

Guidelines: 3 Lines Max

I'll start below...

Freebie
06-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Google TV Ads projects in key states. I know it's been proposed for Iowa, but you can't target by location on Google TV Ads. To get around this, we search for local college/hs sports programs or local industry programs (i.e. agriculture shows for Iowa)

Freebie
06-29-2011, 12:35 AM
To recruit the online poker community, Ron should comment in a very public forum or even propose legislation about the issue of the unreleased poker player funds. It's the biggest issue in that community right now, they're forum based (twoplustwo.com - MSM articles go a long way there like here), and a natural fit for liberty movement.

Freebie
06-29-2011, 12:35 AM
When talking about business & regulation, Ron should appeal to people's inner entrepreneurial spirit instead of the business-as-job-provider angle. The way he frames foreign policy as "if China was in Gulf of Mexico, we'd go crazy". Something like "If you've ever thought of starting a business, could you imagine haveing to comply w/ XYZ?!"

newyearsrevolution08
06-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Ron Paul should make a public announcement that Michele must have mistakenly BORROWED the tea party and that he would like it back now.

I think this statement if done right could be HUGE

Jake Ralston
06-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Ron Paul should attack. Especially Mitt and Michelle.

Attacks must be concise, politically accurate, and non malicious in nature.

Bman
06-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Ron should look for an opportunity to say "and they call my the crazy one" at the next debate. Of course followed be some serious ass kicking reasoning.

parocks
06-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Gather footage of the 12/16/07 tea party events and edit it - 30 second tv commercial - 60 second tv commercial - longer you tube video - dvd length. Message: this was the start of the tea party. Ron Paul was the founder of the tea party. Ron Paul is certainly a true, authentic tea partier. You can disagree with him, but he most certainly is tea party.

Ron Paul should make a public announcement that Michele must have mistakenly BORROWED the tea party and that he would like it back now.

kazmlsj
06-29-2011, 08:55 AM

Yes! That would be very good...

kazmlsj
06-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Here's what the competition is doing...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/obama-pushing-behind-scenes-to-win-over-big-dollar-donors/2011/06/24/AGO5NGoH_print.html

erowe1
06-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Meetup local phone bank event:
Get together with the members of your local meetup who are already involved for this campaign (around here there aren't many).
Everybody make lists of people they remember supporting RP in 2008, supporting other similar candidates in 2010, or expressing tendencies toward those political views.
Call everyone on your list and ask them for a pledge for the July 19th money bomb.
Call or send them a reminder on the day of the money bomb.
Compile a master list for your area with notes for how all those people responded to this outreach for future reference.

amyre
06-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Someone should make a documentary about Ron Paul. It should include his political history and beliefs, family values, predictions that have come true etc. Tree of Liberty was awesome and I loved it, but it had more of an emphasis on the amazing grassroots campaign effort than it did on Ron Paul himself.

Oukvekpwv
06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
To recruit the online poker community, Ron should comment in a very public forum or even propose legislation about the issue of the unreleased poker player funds. It's the biggest issue in that community right now, they're forum based (twoplustwo.com - MSM articles go a long way there like here), and a natural fit for liberty movement.

endorsement from PPA would be nice.. but has RP helped specifically with poker legislation? i know he would, just am not informed to if he has..

PastaRocket848
06-29-2011, 09:42 AM
I think he just needs to keep hiring smart people and keep fundraising. It wouldn't hurt to be a bit more aggressive in "illuminating the differences" between himself and his rivals. especially bachmann. i like the idea of an "i'd like my movement back" statement. call her out on supporting the bailout and patriot act.

brushfire
06-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Something I wanted to do, which I think "AC0RN" was already doing, and that was registering people to vote, and getting their email/phone number.

In the state of IL, a deputy registrar cannot promote any political agenda or candidate - that's electioneering.

If we find a way of separating the 2 enough so that its legal, and then employ an automated dialer to remind voters (with their consent of course)...

Someone may have thought of this already... BTW - I'm figuring out a modified ironing board (idea came from here) to allow for a mobile table that holds literature and a laptop...

Sorry if some of these are repeat ideas - its such an active site, and I dont have time to review all of them in this post. FWIW...

RonPaul101.com
06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
I think he just needs to keep hiring smart people and keep fundraising. It wouldn't hurt to be a bit more aggressive in "illuminating the differences" between himself and his rivals. especially bachmann. i like the idea of an "i'd like my movement back" statement. call her out on supporting the bailout and patriot act.

i like it. And add to it something like...

I think Americans now realize why they need a leader with a lot of knowledge and experience in economics. The other candidates and the sitting president may have good intentions, but that alone, and absent of knowledge and experience, will never fix the economy. For example, someone would be well intentioned if they tried to save a heart attack victim, but trust me, the victim would want a knowledgeable doctor if they could get one at the time.

MartyMoose
06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
send hats, pencils and pens, magnets to grain elevators. send coasters to bars, put posters in every gas station and grocery store you can. stickers on every bus stop, every mailbox, talk to everyone who will listen, read the news as much as you can all day every day so you can tell others what is really happening. Tell your friends, family, mailman. We have to be on everyone's mind, we have to be everywhere and anywhere,

brushfire
06-29-2011, 09:59 AM

i like it. And add to it something like...

I think Americans now realize why they need a leader with a lot of knowledge and experience in economics. The other candidates and the sitting president may have good intentions, but that alone, and absent of knowledge and experience, will never fix the economy. For example, someone would be well intentioned if they tried to save a heart attack victim, but trust me, the victim would want a knowledgeable doctor if they could get one at the time.

With all due respect, I dont think Ron Paul has lost his movement... I'd rather say, "Come Join us in the movement - CandidateX, CandidateY have, why not you" 'tis better to have Ron perceived as the leader.

C_J_Burns
06-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Take the fight to Obama instead of Neo-Cons. Let's face it, people vote for whoever they think can win. Let's give them the visual of Ron Paul versus Obama. Show republicans that RP can beat Obama on the issues of economics and war. ...*My First Post*

parocks
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Take the fight to Obama instead of Neo-Cons. Let's face it, people vote for whoever they think can win. Let's give them the visual of Ron Paul versus Obama. Show republicans that RP can beat Obama on the issues of economics and war. ...*My First Post*

good first post

sratiug
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
The "War on Drugs" was the first step toward socialized medicine.

Bruno
06-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Big Ron Paul rally the steps of the Iowa State Capital soon.

febo
06-29-2011, 03:39 PM
"I am the candidate who is most likely to beat Obama, and we bady need to beat Obama." Then repeat this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZOFqfJtX_M&feature=player_embedded

anewvoice
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM

This is the most spot on thing I've heard. Ron Paul is the father of the movement, we'll have it back now thank you.

PaulConventionWV
06-29-2011, 04:23 PM
A lot of new guys on this here thread... welcome!

I was thinking something that would help Ron's fundraising. Imagine if a conservative estimate of Ron Paul's 1 million supporters gave the maximum amount in donations... he would be set for the primaries AND the general election. I was thinking we could have some kind of system where someone who has more than enough to give and is pretty well off could distribute some money to people of their choice who don't have enough to give if they are willing, with the promise that the money would be given to the official campaign. I realize this may not be entirely practical online, but if you know and trust somebody in real life, it couldn't hurt, right? Plus, we may be able to do some of it online with tightly controlled identification. Like, people could tell the donor what their name is and when they were going to donate so that they could make sure the money was given to the campaign by seeing it on the donations ticker, if it's on a moneybomb day. Anyway, just an idea. It really wouldn't take much to get Ron Paul 50million or so by the end of the year if you think about it.

Edit: oh sorry, that was really long. Well, take it or leave it.

EDIT AGAIN: SORRY JUST REALIZED THIS WAS ILLEGAL... CARRY ON.

newyearsrevolution08
06-29-2011, 04:47 PM
This is the most spot on thing I've heard. Ron Paul is the father of the movement, we'll have it back now thank you.

I have been bringing this up as much as possible and I believe if delivered AT a debate it would KILL for sure!!!!!

ScotTX
06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
He should say something like "Many of my colleagues here have joined the Tea Party in the last few years, but I am fortunate enough to have been there in the beginning..." Some people might resent Ron claiming to own the Tea Party, so he just needs to empasize his and our contributions to what has become the most influential political movement of our lifetimes.

PastaRocket848
06-29-2011, 05:29 PM
He should say something like "Many of my colleagues here have joined the Tea Party in the last few years, but I am fortunate enough to have been there in the beginning..." Some people might resent Ron claiming to own the Tea Party, so he just needs to empasize his and our contributions to what has become the most influential political movement of our lifetimes.

Agreed. I would suggest that it be phrased that way as well. Maybe even wait for the question to be asked. It has already been asked at least once that I know of. I didn't consider that "taking ownership" could be offensive. Good call.

Article V
06-29-2011, 05:49 PM
My family has never before supported Ron Paul and laughed at me over the years saying things like, "Ron Paul is unelectable." However, recently, they have stopped laughing and started listening. They are still not sure if Ron Paul is electable, but they are willing to give him a shot and have said they may vote for him for the nomination. In our discussion of Ron Paul last night, I mentioned how most of the problems we're now faced with are ones that Ron Paul warned us about. I showed them how Ron Paul was right about everything for decades and how his solutions are both moral and practical. They were swayed and ended the conversation by telling me:

"That's what Ron Paul should do. He needs a commercial where he shows what he said then and what we're faced with now. Prove his creditability. Then introduce him as a candidate with solutions."

Also, it needs to be clear that Ron Paul was in the military, is a surgeon and an OB/GYN who delivered over 4,000 children, a well-respected economist, a versed author, a southern statesman from Texas, and one of the only Republicans who supported Reagan for President in '76. None of my family (all politically educated with doctorate and law degrees) knew any of these things about Ron Paul.

There is much homework to be done in educating the Republican primary base, but it can be done! People are finally ready for Ron Paul's message! We just need to present it in the right light, succinctly and effectively.