PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging, but is it enough?

Sematary
06-29-2011, 12:25 AM
I am seeing something this time around that I didn't in the last go round - interest from middle class, Republican voters. I still sport my Ron Paul 2008 bumper stickers and get into frequent discussions with people who just want to talk about Ron Paul. It's far more encouraging but I still see some of the same issues - a main stream media that can't find a way to ignore him but still finds ways to ridicule him - despite the fact that he was a frequent guest on many main stream shows in the "off season". I still hear the same tired old refrain - He's got some good ideas but he can't win. It was that type of attitude in the media that doomed his last presidential bid and it is that very attitude that needs to be overcome now.
I have this horrible feeling that Mitt Romney is the media choice this time around and, unlike the campaign, the grassroots needs to get down and dirty and bury this guy. I just don't know how that can be done.

In the meantime, as the campaign ramps up - power to the people. Long live Ron Paul and I hope this go round is better than the last.

newyearsrevolution08
06-29-2011, 12:30 AM
We won't know until we walk the road we are on. It depends on if America is ready and Ron put it best when he speaks about that. He always talks about going back to work waking people up because at the moment the entire country isn't ready yet. It scares me to think what the American public would actually need to happen before it got on board with the constitution, sound money, limited government and removal of foreign occupation.

I swear our country USED to have all of the above BUT I was not around to see it and odds are many others haven't seen THAT country in their lifetime either.

ronpaulordietrying
06-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Now its turned into - they introduce him as someone they disagree with on some issues, then during the interview they agree on everything.....I mean just look at the Glenn Beck interview recently perfect example....and the liberal media is doing the same thing...They just use the intro and outro to insert some crap like "Ron paul is wrong on ______ but he was right about ______" <-----often times worse then this - they just insinuate that he is not a credible candidate - If I was some kind of conspiracy theorist I might think they are purposefully trying to get people to think "Yes Ron Paul is a great hero of our time but not presidential' this thought is even coming into my own head sometimes for brief momments after following the media so closely lol - hmmmmm - but then I realize Ron Paul is a Great Hero of our time and SHOULD be president. (truth)...and not only that but it is imperative to restore America..of course...

Sematary
06-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Ya, it's what they do. I honestly believe that the best opportunity will be a Rand Paul 2016 run but this one needs to happen to push that one into the fore.

Uriah
06-29-2011, 12:38 AM
I still hear the same tired old refrain - He's got some good ideas but he can't win. It was that type of attitude in the media that doomed his last presidential bid and it is that very attitude that needs to be overcome now.

A win at the Ames Iowa Straw Poll will turn heads in Iowa. The talk radio here will eat it up and people will come his way. The campaign and grassroots must organize and both make a concerted effort to win in Ames. It must be the first priority. A win would do well to remove doubt of Paul's chances. Despite what the mainstream media may make of a Paul victory in Ames Iowans perception of Paul as, "unelectable", will begin to transform.

ronpaulordietrying
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
It can often be difficult to really get someone to back the Ron Paul Revolution, I find the best thing if you have the time and the ear is to talk about the financial crisis and tell them of Ron Paul's prediction of the financial crisis, his solutions, what he has done and is doing to deal with the bankers robbing old ladies and the fed printing money freely. The drug war also wins over a lot of people that wouldn't otherwise give ron paul the time of day.

newyearsrevolution08
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Ron needs to be looked at as the peoples candidate,

someone that the media is trying to almost hide from them in hopes of us not electing him.

Make it to where people feel almost duped that they didn't realize that ron paul truly is the ONLY front runner to not only beat obama but also get our country back where it needs to be, LIMITED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and the rest will fall in line

Sematary
06-29-2011, 12:46 AM
The media has managed to pass his other straw poll wins off as insignificant and they will continue to do so, even going to the point of recanting their own idea that Iowa actually does mean something, as opposed to the others. We are now living in 1984 and news speak is alive and well. History is rewritten as is necessary and the sheeple (for the most part) accept what the lying media tell them.

ronpaulordietrying
06-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Another good one for some people if they arent super liberal is talk about what he has done as far as taxes on the people and his record of standing behind the people even when nobody else would.

american.swan
06-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Seriously, the issue here is negativity. We must acknowledge it quickly and press on. We can't allow the negativity hold us back. We can't dwell on it. We've made huge strides since 2007. We much press on!! It's the only option. We can't win spending all day rationalizing why we can't win or shouldn't win or won't win. THIS IS A PROCESS. You won't wake up tomorrow and see 66% of GOP primary voters are eager to vote for Ron Paul. We must press on. We can't reverse 90 years of stupidity and brainwashing in 4 years, but we're sure going to try.

Sematary
People seem to be far more receptive this time around so we can all hope - except here in ct. where Obama will win no matter what because the sheeple will vote dem just because that is what they have always done. That is why we still have complete losers in Congress from this state.

ronpaulordietrying
yea I have herd that also from conspiracy theorist claiming that its all planned out and the next president will be "a man and a woman" - so maybe this obama part 2 huntsman guy with bachman if their predictions are correct

Sematary
06-29-2011, 12:50 AM
It's good to see some warriors from the last go round still here.

ronpaulordietrying
06-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Good words american.swan - your right - I am with the people forever and this is why I made this name for these boards :)

sorry to be negative, bad day at work.

Sematary
06-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Progress has and will, be made.

Uriah
06-29-2011, 01:08 AM
The people are more receptive as Sematary says. The msm may discount a Paul victory in Iowa but Iowans won't. Much of the major media in the state may be owned by national corporations but they are still run and operated by locals that like to report the news and express their own opinions about it. There is hope here in the hawkeye state. As our motto say : Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain. Iowa is working earlier and harder than last time. At least where I am.

BUSHLIED
06-29-2011, 01:19 AM
A win at the Ames Iowa Straw Poll will turn heads in Iowa. The talk radio here will eat it up and people will come his way. The campaign and grassroots must organize and both make a concerted effort to win in Ames. It must be the first priority. A win would do well to remove doubt of Paul's chances. Despite what the mainstream media may make of a Paul victory in Ames Iowans perception of Paul as, "unelectable", will begin to transform.

I agree. But should Ron place 4th or less in IOWA and 4th or less in NH, he MUST fight until the bitter end...and hold another convention!! I doubt he will be invited to give a talk to the GOP at the COnvention, maybe if Bachmann wins, he may..but otherwise, snub the RINOs and do another liberty event!

Sematary
06-29-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree. But should Ron place 4th or less in IOWA and 4th or less in NH, he MUST fight until the bitter end...and hold another convention!! I doubt he will be invited to give a talk to the GOP at the COnvention, maybe if Bachmann wins, he may..but otherwise, snub the RINOs and do another liberty event!

I think RP will hold his own in Iowa and NH quite well

sailingaway
06-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Seriously, the issue here is negativity. We must acknowledge it quickly and press on. We can't allow the negativity hold us back. We can't dwell on it. We've made huge strides since 2007. We much press on!! It's the only option. We can't win spending all day rationalizing why we can't win or shouldn't win or won't win. THIS IS A PROCESS. You won't wake up tomorrow and see 66% of GOP primary voters are eager to vote for Ron Paul. We must press on. We can't reverse 90 years of stupidity and brainwashing in 4 years, but we're sure going to try.

This

I think RP will hold his own in Iowa and NH quite well

and this.

specsaregood
06-29-2011, 11:10 AM
//

Southron
06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
The grassroots does need to get with it in attacking Romney. I see a lot of attacks on the other candidates but Romney is still the main threat.

I have predicted for a long time that Romney would get the nomination. I hope I am wrong.

PaulConventionWV
06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Bigger even would be taking NV and LA. We came really close last time around in those states, it should be doable. I'd like to see the campaign put some major effort there after the iowa straw poll.

LA:
District Caucuses: Tuesday 24 January 2012 (tentative date)

NV:
“Last evening, the Nevada Republican Party’s State Executive Committee voted to hold the Nevada Republican Presidential Caucus on Saturday, February 18, 2012, making our state the third Republican presidential contest overall and the first in the Western United States.

Don't forget West Virginia. All we need is all our supporters to vote 551 delegates to the convention, and we will win on the first round. We definitely have enough support, and all it takes, usually is to have a few people vote you in online, or even in the smaller counties just vote yourself in. If we do that, West Virginia should be a walk in the park, but people need to remember to vote for themselves because hundreds of RP supporters missed out last time because they didn't know to do that. This time, we are organized, though, and I am personally going to be bringing 2 more people with me to fill the other 2 delegate spots from my county, whereas last time, they were filled by Romney supporters.

specsaregood
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
//

RonPaul101.com
06-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Don't forget West Virginia. All we need is all our supporters to vote 551 delegates to the convention, and we will win on the first round. We definitely have enough support, and all it takes, usually is to have a few people vote you in online, or even in the smaller counties just vote yourself in. If we do that, West Virginia should be a walk in the park, but people need to remember to vote for themselves because hundreds of RP supporters missed out last time because they didn't know to do that. This time, we are organized, though, and I am personally going to be bringing 2 more people with me to fill the other 2 delegate spots from my county, whereas last time, they were filled by Romney supporters.

I don't totally understand the process (outside of it being both a caucus and a primary in WV). Is there anything out-of-staters can do to help get Ron Paul delegates selected?

PastaRocket848
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
i have a ton of family in WV that are going to be supporting ron this election. all converted neo-con hacks. it's amazing what a financial crisis can do...

ron could do very well there if he would put in the time. i left there when the last good jobs did, around 2007. the area i come from is 100% dependent on the coal industry. recently, they had to shut down a mining area (consequently putting 5,500 people out of work) because the epa said some fish used a creek than ran through there to spawn or some hippy crap. people there are hurting worse than just about anywhere else, and have been for a long time, and it's a direct result of government overreach.

there isn't a person there that hasnt been effected in some way by either gov't over-regulation of coal or unions greeding the mills out of business. his message could really resonate.

im not sure how many delegates wv gets at the convention being that the population is so low though (barely a million iirc). are the delegates apportioned by population or does each state get an equal number?