PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana Saves Child from Terminal Cancer

Created4
06-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Story actually covered by ABC News, with background information on the medical use of cannabis from Dr. Mercola:
http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/medical-marijuana-saves-child-from-terminal-cancer/

newyearsrevolution08
06-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Whats crazy is the many parents who have gotten their children removed from them for giving their kids herb. Now I am not saying giving kids anything like herb, beer, cigs is good in the least BUT out of the 3 I would rather see a kid eating or medicating with herb than the other 2 NO MATTER WHAT and yet most would look at the pot being the most evil out of the bunch.

If herb can save kids then why not allow it? How sad is it that we would rather save face about a plant then allow children the chance to keep their food down while dealing with fucking cancer?

bullshit

Zippyjuan
06-30-2011, 06:23 PM
The headline in the OP implies that the canabis oil cured the cancer- it didn't. It did work better than the medicines he was being given to try to deal with the chemo- that is certainly true.

Created4
06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
What are you basing your statement on? The child had not eaten for 40 days and was basically given up on by the medical personnel caring for him. After his father put cannabis oil into his feeding tube, he recovered. Obviously it was not a clinical trial with double placebo groups, but how can you come away from that story and make such a definitive statement as "it didn't cure the cancer?" There are many cancer cures that are not FDA approved yet. Watch the 3 minute opening to this film: http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/the-proven-cancer-cure-the-fda-has-tried-to-surpress/

The headline in the OP implies that the canabis oil cured the cancer- it didn't. It did work better than the medicines he was being given to try to deal with the chemo- that is certainly true.

Zippyjuan
06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I agree it helped his eating and dealing with the treatments but he was receiving chemo for the cancer. There is no claim made anywhere that it was the marijuana which cured the cancer. It was definately beneficial.

newyearsrevolution08
06-30-2011, 07:55 PM
The "cure" versus ALLOWING alternative medicines is where I see the issue. Did herb cure this one, not sure personally BUT I do know that many who undergo chemo never actually kick the cancer and it comes back but usually in another form and another body region.

I have seen and witnessed cancer patients using a balm and it removing the skin cancer BUT even then until they live the rest of their lives cancer free you really cannot say.

My wife's mom has cancer and went to the largest cancer clinic in America (the name is pretty obvious) anyways she was given the option of a certain chemo treatment that one of the side effects is another form of cancer.

How can a treatment FOR cancer end up possibly giving you cancer in another region of your body? In my head that screams, cancer in a bottle because if a side effect OF the medication or treatment you are receiving IS CANCER then how can that not be shown to be man made in some fashion?

Let me see tamoxifen I believe is the meds, you can research the side effects but when I did it indeed blew my mind. How can a side effect of a medication BE cancer and we can sit here pretending like we have no clue where it is coming from?