PDA

View Full Version : NH GOP chair worried about 'coup' [this is important because he is friendly to tea parties

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0611/NH_GOP_chair_worried_about_coup.html

Agorism
06-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Is he a Paul guy?

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Maybe. He's not taking a stand per se but made it clear he supports tea party candidates, and Ron has strength there. Shemdogg might know more.

libertybrewcity
06-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Well if he can't raise money...then he might not be the right guy. The NH Dems have 16 staffers!!!

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Personally I care more about an even playing field in the primary than about staffers.

libertybrewcity
06-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Personally I care more about an even playing field in the primary than about staffers.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the state committees, but they wouldn't exist unless they played some what of an important role. They take care of a lot things like litigation, probably redistricting stuff, funding candidates, research on dems, and a lot of other things that local parties don't have the means to either because of organizational or financial problems.

Not to mention funding whatever amount they have to for the state elections. I think they play a positive role most of the time...yes, they can have horrible leadership like Nevada did back in 08, but they can also have good liberty leadership that can help run effective and winnable campaigns. In 2010, the national committees would infuse a couple million dollars into certain campaigns that absolutely won a lot of on the edge congressional seats. I imagine state committees can do the same thing with state races. Larger organizations have different fundraising abilities.

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Any coup would likely be by Romney supporters who would come in with all kinds of money to justify their election.

As I said, I'd prefer the even playing field. However I don't have a vote there.

Agorism
06-28-2011, 08:49 PM
If we controlled the entire state apparatus we could just give the delegates to Paul as they did in Nevada or set up a system that would be extremely favorable to him with all sorts of backdoors for the leadership to manipulate.

KingRobbStark
06-28-2011, 09:19 PM
If we controlled the entire state apparatus we could just give the delegates to Paul as they did in Nevada or set up a system that would be extremely favorable to him with all sorts of backdoors for the leadership to manipulate.

In those three years. We should have focused on taking over america, state by state.

Esoteric
06-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Hm. There has been much debate about this guy. Apparently he's cozy with Ron, but has said some things that alerted people (and was posted on daily paul), specifically trying to unite the republican party, etc., etc.. 2nd paragraph.

http://politicalponderings.com/?p=372

Badger Paul
06-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey, if he needs muscle tell him we've got it for him.

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 10:15 PM

We just want it to be fair. Last time it most certainly was not.

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Hm. There has been much debate about this guy. Apparently he's cozy with Ron, but has said some things that alerted people (and was posted on daily paul), specifically trying to unite the republican party, etc., etc.. 2nd paragraph.

http://politicalponderings.com/?p=372

Wow, is that a hit job or what? As if our party weren't as much ours as that of the Rockefeller Republicans. But I think any party chair has to try to pull disparate groups together. Those of us who followed Rand's campaign will remember they thought it was going to end up 'pulling together' behind the establishment candidate, but ended up with them having pledged to pull together behind Rand when he won. And they did, too.

Sounds like we want Kimball to stay. We KNOW who could swoop in with all the money anyone could want, then it would be back to the 2008 marginalization rules.

angelatc
06-28-2011, 10:25 PM
In those three years. We should have focused on taking over america, state by state.

Absolutely. Ron Paul told us to get active in the GOP. We could have been in charge of the TEA Parties too.