PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Scoops Up Major GOP Pollster

AJ Antimony
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Haven't seen this posted yet...

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110628006837/en/Ron-Paul-Campaign-Scoops-Major-GOP-Pollster

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The campaign of 2012 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has scored a major coup with the hiring on of heavyweight GOP pollster Fritz Wenzel, and his polling firm Wenzel Strategies to run its polling operations.

“I am very proud and excited to be a part of the Ron Paul presidential team”

“I am very proud and excited to be a part of the Ron Paul presidential team,” Wenzel said. “He has long stood strong for the core principles that have made our country great, and have made the Republican Party great when they heeded them.”

“What makes Ron Paul such a strong candidate is his willingness to stand on principle, which has attracted more people to his message, to the point that the other candidates are now taking up his issues. At a time when our country is in great peril, voters are looking for a candidate who will turn to and rely on the wisdom of the Constitution, and there is no better student of that document than Ron Paul,” Wenzel continued.

About Wenzel Strategies:

Wenzel Strategies is an Ohio-based firm headed by Fritz Wenzel. The firm has political, media, business, government, and non-profit clients nationwide. In the 2010 election cycle, it polled dozens of important races across the country, including for the successful Rand Paul campaign for U.S. Senate from Kentucky. It has also polled several races for Jim DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund and various congressional races. In addition to polling, Wenzel Strategies provides clients with strategic communications consultation.

AdamT
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Excellent, so they'll be doing their own internal polls to gain intelligence?

Shimpchip
06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Was hoping for Frank Luntz but this will do.

BUSHLIED
06-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Yay, finally someone to collect data...you can't make good decisions without accurate data!

KramerDSP
06-28-2011, 03:56 PM
What are the advantages of having a top pollster? I'd appreciate some insight here.

sailingaway

LOL!

Rand's polls were very accurate, despite all the ups and downs of the media polls, he knew what to ignore and when to do something.

What are the advantages of having a top pollster? I'd appreciate some insight here.

You want to see what issues people are responding well to you on, to focus your message. you want a better guidance of polls than partisan or media polls give you with their inconsistent voting pools. You want to know if you really need to be worried when someone just uses predictable timing to take a poll, instead of waiting for a bump up or down to equalize....

ItsTime
Great, he has been on a winning team before, he can help Ron better understand these polls. Something they did horribly in 2008.

realtonygoodwin
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Meh, the only stuff I can find on him is this and working with WND...not exactly credible, but at least they have somebody. If he did work for Rand and DeMint that is encouraging.

Elwar
06-28-2011, 03:59 PM

Yes, it would have been great to hire Frank Luntz and then pay him to shut his mouth and serve coffee.

But I bet he would do a poor job doing that as well.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Watch the documentary "Our Brand is Crisis" and you'll understand.

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, it would have been great to hire Frank Luntz and then pay him to shut his mouth and serve coffee.

But I bet he would do a poor job doing that as well.

You think? My bet would have been that he'd do pretty near anything for money....