PDA

View Full Version : Please...HELP...We have bought our tickets to New Hampshire! Op. Live Free or Die!!

Thomas_Paine
10-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Please...This NEEDS TO BE STICKY! We are dead serious about WINNING New Hampshire and we are moving there in a week and a half to canvas!!!! We have bought plane tickets for our whole family (myself, husband, 2 children, and 18 year old nephew). We are taking a giant leap of faith here. This needs to get going and become the MOST SUCCESSFUL grassroots campaign ever!

We need the help of ALL of you..You're ideas...your blogging and spamming (hehe) talents. Please read the following letter I have been sending meetup groups and spread the word! We must WIN New Hampshire!!!

My fellow Ron Paul supporters everywhere...

I am pleased to be a part of this Revolutionary campaign that is spreading like wildfire across this country. I have just joined BRAND NEW project called Operation Live Free or Die, a grassroots effort designed to secure as many votes as possible in New Hampshire. Our goal is to get a minimum of 1,000 Ron Paul supporters to travel to NH to do some serious campaigning. Like I said, this project is still in the making, and we need help of supporters everywhere to make it happen.

On 11/8 myself, my husband, our two children and 18 year old nephew will be traveling east. Our first stop is Philadelphia where we will be attending the rally on 11/10. From there we will be renting a car and traveling to NH. We haven't determined our exact location yet. This project is so new and we are going to need a lot of assistance to get it going. The official web page for Operation Live Free or Die is www.seattleliberty.com

Our plan is to rent large houses and fit as many Paul-unteers into each one as possible. Air mattresses, foam mats, whatever it takes. These houses will be placed in different areas of the state as home bases for the volunteers that stay there. We will go out in pairs, 6 days a week, morning til evening, door to door, spreading the freedom message, until Dr. Paul has enough votes to win NH. Some people will only be able to come for a week, some an entire month like our family. Our goal is to get things set up so that volunteers from all over the country can pay their airfare and just show up. They'll have a place to sleep and a designated precinct and partner to go door to door with. (Obviously those capable will be paying their portion of the living expenses, rent, food, etc. We want funds available for those unable to contribute but willing to dedicate their time wholeheartedly.)

We need your help. I have joined most of the New Hampshire meetups. We need you to spread the message about what is going on to everyone you can. Here is an excellent blog on The rabid Quill which explains what OLFOD is and how it can really work. http://www.rabidquill.com/?p=13

There are so many volunteers in NH that I know would love to assist in this project. They just need to know about it. We are looking for people to help us find housing. This could be through scouring the local newspapers to find ideal rentals, large 3 or 4 bedroom houses that are fully furnished and ready to go. There might be meetup members who have guest rooms that could take in 1 or 2 (or more) volunteers. We will probably be needing donations of air mattresses, blankets, pillows, etc.

We also will be needing the use of vehicles while we are there. Because we are traveling with children, my family had to reserve a rental car. This is going to cost $1,500! We would be more than happy to pay a meetup member or volunteer money to cover Insurance and depreciation, and even some extra money if someone were to volunteer the use of their car for a weekend, a week, or even a month. We will need at least one vehicle for each house.

Obviously we also need donations of $ to help cover expenses for those who cannot afford to make the move but have the time to dedicate. There is a place to donate money (chipin) on www.seattleliberty.com

Please...Help me in this endeavor. We truly believe that we can win New Hampshire for Dr. Paul and consequently the nomination. We are taking our entire family cross country because we believe this is possible. Please join me and do whatever you can to get this project going. The biggest thing we can do right now is promote Operation Live Free or Die. Here are some of the things you can do:

- Emailing fellow Ron Paul supporters and telling them why the New Hampshire
primary is so important
- Blog about the effort, and tell people to volunteer by emailing
volunt...@seattleliberty.com
- Create a Myspace or Facebook page supporting Operation Live Free or Die
- Contact your local meetup group and spread the message there.

Please join with me in this effort.

Sincerely,
Laura Lounsbury

ronpaulyourmom
10-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I will happily donate to this cause on Friday. Awesome effort you guys, boots on the ground will win this thing. Turnout those young voters at all costs.

skiingff
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I, too plan on moving to N.H. to campaign and vote for Ron Paul if I can find accommodations.

ItsTime
10-30-2007, 07:48 PM
PM me I will help any way I can... both of you thomas and skiingff

ronpaulyourmom
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Get a list going on the website of who is joining the cause, it'll motivate people to be a part of it.

Moving to NH is truly impossible for me, but we would love to help you guys any way that we can.

Thomas_Paine
10-30-2007, 08:02 PM
The way to help if you can't go is to email everyone you can, blog, etc. about Operation Live Free or Die.

There is a map on the web page showing the people that have volunteered from all over the country, but I agree a full list would be better. I will forward this on to ViJAy.

We raised $500 today towards expenses! Thank you to whoever is donating!!!!!

Lord Xar
10-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I cand send you a boatload of banners/signs...

see the site to see them. I will them free of charge.

www.unitedforliberty.com

not sure if you have this covered.

alien
10-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Incredible selfless effort. I wish I could go but I'm already in the hot seat with my boss. I will throw some money in the chippin. I wish you all the best and I will also mention the project as much as possible.

alien
10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Forgot to say. WE WILL WIN WITH THE CALIBER OF PEOPLE WE HAVE HERE!

parke
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Wow. In my business, our slow season is November and December. This is making me think of taking it off and traveling around the southeast and midwest...

Thomas_Paine
10-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Wow. In my business, our slow season is November and December. This is making me think of taking it off and traveling around the southeast and midwest...

Wherever you can go...Whatever you can do...The time is now!! We can win this!!! Our founding fathers only had 3% on the people to stand up against tyranny..... We must not waiver...

realitywiz
10-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Awesome plan!!! :D

_____

Thomas_Paine
10-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Awesome plan!!! :D

_____

This is quickly becoming a reality. Can you imagine the energy of HUNDREDS of Ron Paul supporters dedicated to this!! New Hampshire IS OURS, it's time we go and claim it.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
This is quickly becoming a reality. Can you imagine the energy of HUNDREDS of Ron Paul supporters dedicated to this!! New Hampshire IS OURS, it's time we go and claim it.

Email has been sent.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I sent an email that was intended for you, but
it went to Vijay. Can you have him forward it to you?

Hunter

manny
10-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow Laura - to make such an effort is incredible. Really inspirational. :)

Given your username I assume you're interested in history. I found a good article online about the founding of America:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/jonah070300.asp

(I'll also say, given how I've seen it can be a hot issue for some guys here, I'm not trying to make any point by posting a link to a Jewish magazine... just happened to be a great article showing how much some people have been willing to give up for their principles.)

Good luck Laura and everyone else! :)

Roxi
11-01-2007, 10:41 AM
ok jay and i have been talking about this for a couple of days and we are ready to go, however my only concern is i have a 5 year old which means stability is a MUST. we would need a private space big enough for us 3 and a guarantee we wouldn't be living in a place with partying going on. we have our own car we would drive there. what kind of concrete stuff is set up for this. we dont have anything in savings but could come up with enough to get there with a bit extra but not enough to get our own place right away. other than that one issue im ready to leave by nov 7th or 8th

also i can't get that website to work

terlinguatx
11-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Thomas_Paine
11-01-2007, 12:34 PM
We have another family with a small child willing to pack in all up and move to NH...LET'S DO THIS PEOPLE!!!!!Get serious about spreading the word about this and supporting those who are risking so much to get Ron Paul elected!!!!

TexMac
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Chipped 50 and I've been promoting this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016357.html

I'll get an email out to our meetup today.

Chaos Unlimited
11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I live in Maine and could go to NH for a day or two. Please set up a schedule when you can. And also let the Maine meetup groups know.

porcupine
11-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Anyone moving to NH with Operation Live Free or Die should consider staying. See my signature below. Living freer with a large and growing group of liberty activists that are making real change in America's freest state...can't be a bad thing.

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Yes, if you are coming, consider staying. And if you are staying then join The Free State Project.

p.s. Thomas, did you get my email from ViJay?

Roxi
11-02-2007, 02:26 PM
thats my thing... my boyfriend and i are ready to do this, we have everything planned out and will prepare to leave on the 14th.

however. we will be giving up our rental, quitting our jobs, and pulling my child from school. SO we will need to stay in NH not just for a month but for a minimum of 6 months (til she is out of school)

in order for us to do this he will need a job after the primaries are over. he now works as a computer tech for the airlines, anyone have a good job they can give him :)

no really we are just wondering about what we do after the primaries and the people helping us will leave. will we be stuck up there with no place to live, no jobs...etc?

so we will be trying to figure this out. If we can we will be leaving tulsa for NH on the 14th (its a 22 hour drive, and we will stop and see appropriate family along the way)

Thomas_Paine
11-03-2007, 01:03 AM
thats my thing... my boyfriend and i are ready to do this, we have everything planned out and will prepare to leave on the 14th.

however. we will be giving up our rental, quitting our jobs, and pulling my child from school. SO we will need to stay in NH not just for a month but for a minimum of 6 months (til she is out of school)

in order for us to do this he will need a job after the primaries are over. he now works as a computer tech for the airlines, anyone have a good job they can give him :)

no really we are just wondering about what we do after the primaries and the people helping us will leave. will we be stuck up there with no place to live, no jobs...etc?

so we will be trying to figure this out. If we can we will be leaving tulsa for NH on the 14th (its a 22 hour drive, and we will stop and see appropriate family along the way)

I heard that New Hampshire was one of the top states in technical jobs, perhaps he can find even a better job?!

alien
11-03-2007, 09:37 AM

It's amazing that you and others are doing this. In my eyes you all are heroes. I wish we had the money to be able to do this but we are lucky just to be able to donate. Which we have and will continue to do. Thank you.

Roxi
11-03-2007, 11:15 AM
we let our group know we were officially leaving... wow this is so exciting!

I can picture this being a great story for my grandkids.... "Way back in 2007... During the Ron Paul Revolution.... we moved to new hampshire to fight for freedom" :)

heres the link to help out as well

http://www.ronpaultulsa.com/NH

Thomas_Paine
11-03-2007, 12:39 PM
everyone who believes in this project please donate if you can. We have collected over $500 and we need $10,000 to help make this project an overwhelming success.

http://www.seattleliberty.com/donate.html

porcupine
11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Here's an interview about Operation Live Free or Die with Vijay Boyapati on Free Talk Live

http://media.libsyn.com/media/ftl/FTL2007-10-27.mp3

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I heard that New Hampshire was one of the top states in technical jobs, perhaps he can find even a better job?!

Yes, there are MANY technical jobs here!!!

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Roxi, have you found a place up here?

Roxi
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
another good reason to move to new hampshire

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=dff9058f-d867-4f10-8894-8ce94d13268b&headline=GOP+fundraiser+to+feature+machine+gun+sho ot

GOP fundraiser to feature machine gun shoot

By SCOTT BROOKS
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
Tuesday, Jul. 24, 2007

Tired of the usual chicken dinners, the Manchester Republican Committee is planning to arm supporters next month with Uzis, M-16 rifles and other automatic weapons for a day of target practice at a Pelham firing range.

►Readers' comments on this fund-raising plan

porcupine
11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Roxic, if you're going to be staying for 6 months (meaning you might stay permenantly), consider signing up for the Free State Project. As committed as you are to liberty, you'd fit right in.

nayjevin
11-04-2007, 06:59 AM
we haven't found a place yet but have a great set of listings to work from.... and yes ill sign up for the free state project now, i have been SUPER busy getting things ready and getting EBAY stuff ready to list today.

EDIT: OOPS! i forgot to log in as me instead of jay :D ~ roxi

Throwback280s
11-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I live in Florida and plan to go to New Hampshire Nov. 18-22 for Thanksgiving break to campaign for Ron Paul door-to-door. I've done door to door political campaigning and I feel this is a must to ensure the freedom of my family, friends, and country.

Right now, I need to figure out where to stay, what city to go to, and the overall game plan for grassroots campaigning.

mrd
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
New Hampshire would be great to win, from a historical perspective. Unfortunately, Governor Don Carcieri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Carcieri) today vetoed the bill to change the NH primary from March to February (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/05/politics/main3452033.shtml).

This surprisingly makes a NH win not very helpful in influencing the other states. Better to work on an early primary state..

Edit: OMG I don't know how I misread that, sincerest apologies, that article is about Rhode Island.

me3
11-05-2007, 10:29 PM
New Hampshire would be great to win, from a historical perspective. Unfortunately, Governor Don Carcieri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Carcieri) today vetoed the bill to change the NH primary from March to February (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/05/politics/main3452033.shtml).

This surprisingly makes a NH win not very helpful in influencing the other states. Better to work on an early primary state..
RHODE ISLAND. Read the article. Check your facts before posting something like this that affects people's lives.

New Hampshire is still an early primary.

Throwback280s
11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Article says that's for Rhode Island.

rebelforacause
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Laura

My wife , our daughter and I are moving to Westchester NY from Northern CA in a few months. I highly respect anyone that is as dedicated to a cause with such a sacrifice. I wanted to invite you to our new club and would appreciate your feedback. ( club to level the playing field for those with a conscience - as opposed to wall street, skull & bones, etc.) I may have some good income ideas for you and your husband as well. Let me & others know if you enjoy the celebrities reading the Declaration of Independence.
www.supportthetruth.org

BTW I would initiate the Dec Tea Party in San Francisco

me3
11-05-2007, 10:38 PM
nm

Roxi
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Everything is confirmed, we are leaving here (tulsa) on the 14th and we will be stopping in missouri. we should arrive in NH late sat or early sunday!!

OMG im so excited!!!

mconder
11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I know Wes and Laura Lounsbury and I can tell you that these are the best sort of people to have in New Hampshire. Our Meetup here in Southern Utah would not have been anywhere near as successful without this family. They are needed in New Hampshire. Please donate to their effort!

Roxi
11-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I know Wes and Laura Lounsbury and I can tell you that these are the best sort of people to have in New Hampshire. Our Meetup here in Southern Utah would not have been anywhere near as successful without this family. They are needed in New Hampshire. Please donate to their effort!

I agree we definitely couldn't be doing this without them!!!

AFTFNJ
11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I am willing to come for 1 week if there is place to stay. 1 Good week of boots on the ground 8 hours a day! Have a car.

Thomas_Paine
11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
So we made it...We landed in Philly last night and we'll be here for the rally tomorrow....then it's on to New Hampshire for Operation Live Free or Die. I would like to start a new thread to keep everyone updated. Hopefully someone will make it sticky...Please do whatever you can to support us....Pray for us....Spread the word to everyone you know about the project. Before you know it this will be huge thanks to all of you. Also, we will be forking out a lot of money during the next few days to rent a large house that will house our family, and the other people that have already signed up to come immediately. Please go to www.seattleliberty.com and chip in or you can send support directly to our family. PM me and I can send you my Paypal email address. We appreciate you all and look forward to sharing more news with you as the project progresses.

Roxi
11-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I am willing to come for 1 week if there is place to stay. 1 Good week of boots on the ground 8 hours a day! Have a car.

absolutely... PM me with your contact info!

and laura.... SEE YOU IN ONE WEEK!!!

mackler
11-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Attention everyone coming to New Hampshire: If you will be here on January 3-6, you should definitely come to the Liberty Forum in Nashua:

http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum

It will be the perfect place to meet hundreds of like-minded folks, and to get a great feel for the Free State Project.

Thomas_Paine
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Here are some of the pics...We're too tired to post tonight but we have some from the Philly rally. Post more tomorrow....

Here are the pics from the first leg of the journey.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34567&highlight=free+die+operation+live

Thomas_Paine
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
We're here! Looking for a place to rent for a month or 2 (depends on how long till the primaries) haven't found a place yet and wee NEED a place to stay for a few days until we can arrange a home. Anyone living in south/central NH who can put up a family of 5 please PM me.

enjoiskaterguy
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Are you LDS(mormon)? Just thought I'd ask because your tactics seems much like LDS missionaries...well, party on! Rock New Hampshire's socks off.

Thomas_Paine
11-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Are you LDS(mormon)? Just thought I'd ask because your tactics seems much like LDS missionaries...well, party on! Rock New Hampshire's socks off.

Nope, what makes you think that?

Roxi
11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
hey laura i sent you an email... what city are u guys in?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm working with a realitor in getting a 10 bedroom house.
It'll be 24 hours before we can look at it. I spoke with him exstencively today and he is 'down with Ron Paul' and is willing to help. He emailed me 3 houses that could work for us. I'll be getting back to him this evening and I'll let you all know what's up.

Roxi
11-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm working with a realitor in getting a 10 bedroom house.
It'll be 24 hours before we can look at it. I spoke with him exstencively today and he is 'down with Ron Paul' and is willing to help. He emailed me 3 houses that could work for us. I'll be getting back to him this evening and I'll let you all know what's up.

Hunter, u are at the top of my "coolest people on earth" list :D

Geronimo
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Just in case it's need, I noticed a motel in the center of Manchester with dirt cheap rates. $24 a night/weekly or $50 a day.
Queen City Motel
603-622-6444

Geronimo
11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I forgot to add a link to this thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36446