PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it is time for RP to get tough

febo
06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Paul needs to slow down and say less. He should pause briefly before delivering key short phrases - this is what the frontrunners do so well.
He's already got a stack of them of course, but they need more attack.
"Legalise freedom"
"What's wrong with defending the constitution?"
"Inflation is a tax on the poor and middle classes"
"Freedom is a young idea."

Others
"Cut the military before Medicare and Medicaid"
"No more bailouts"
"Peace"
"Why are we paying for Germany's defense?"
"Do you believe in freedom?"

Pro-Life Libertarian
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
"I predicted the financial meltdown"

BuddyRey
06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
"The army's been in Korea since I was in high school!"

I loved that one!

Paul Or Nothing II
06-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I agree, he definitely needs to slow down so that people can keep up with him & make some sense of what he's trying to say, he should also be concise & of course, keep it simple & on the level of the regular people who mayn't be aware of all the economic & libertarian mumbojumbo we talk about here. I so wish he'd do this & he'll be unstoppable because he'll be only one who has actually "walked the walk" & has an impeccable record to back his words, others are just empty promises. I'm waiting for Wead to come up with some magic.

newyearsrevolution08
06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
He needs someone to write his speeches that HE approves BUT also really needs help with the delivery of them. Another great idea would be to have a great speaker to generate the buzz for him around the states and in press conferences like doug or another like minded SKILLED mouth piece.

He needs to SELL himself this go around as the ONLY republican candidate who can and will beat obama because that is ALL many republicans care about and nothing more, as sad as that seems.

I still want to wake the hell out of democrats because I can see MANY leaving the obama train and going ron paul or bust with us!

evilfunnystuff
06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
He is use to being cut off/short constantly, he had to become the "Micro-Machines guy of Constitutionality". lol

With Wead, this new pollster, and a good effort from Ron, I think we will be seeing some improvement this cycle.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't say "attack", because I don't think it's a good idea to make enemies of the media. But he needs to direct the conversation and use his interviews to make the points he wants to make, rather than letting the host lead him around. A lot of them have the agenda of making him say controversial things in an effort to marginalize him.

febo
06-28-2011, 02:52 PM
I loved that one in the other thread that says "Government is there to protect freedom not take it away".
Also
"Do not harm others"
"Freedom is everyone's idea"

BUSHLIED
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I am glad I am not the only saying this: politics is all about effective public speaking...Ron please slow the heck down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finish your words!