PDA

View Full Version : The Reasoning Behind the Maritime Blockade on Gaza

Zatch
06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsLS4uqH_70

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice piece of propaganda.

Fortunately for the folks in Gaza, the Egyptian border is now open and supplies can come in without hindrance.

Zatch
06-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Nice piece of propaganda.

Fortunately for the folks in Gaza, the Egyptian border is now open and supplies can come in without hindrance.

Nice failure to address any of the points. ;)

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Nice failure to address any of the points. ;)

What points?
Enumerate please.

Zatch
06-28-2011, 01:06 PM
What points?
Enumerate please.

You didn't watch the video before you called it propaganda?

Danke
06-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Is it just weapons that Israel doesn't allow in from the shipments?

dannno
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Israelis steal land and resources from Palestinians and bulldoze their homes, they don't allow food, water and medicine to enter the country. It's like they are living in a concentration camp.

You know what is going to become of this situation? Angry Palestinians, every time, and they are completely justified in their anger at Israel. I don't condone the violent actions towards innocent Israelis, but I CERTAINLY don't condone any violent actions taken by Israel to keep food and medicine out of their country. This is just common sense stuff. What facts could possibly persuade me that Israel should be taking violent actions on unarmed violent people trying to bring food and water into this country which Israel has no respect for the inhabitants of?

I can't watch youtubes at work, but I will check it out.

Zatch
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
they don't allow food, water and medicine to enter the country. It's like they are living in a concentration camp.

This is false. They allow aid at designated entry points.

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 01:53 PM

Yes, I watched the video. It is the same bullshit propaganda they were producing after the last aid shipment was attacked and activists murdered.
I do not support the imposed Concentration Camp in Gaza.

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
This is false. They allow aid at designated entry points.

This is false. They limit aid to less than sustainable levels. They deny numerous items that are not weapons.
They are monitored by several Human Rights Organizations. And have a very poor record.

ctb619
06-28-2011, 02:10 PM
This is propaganda. Consider the source. Without any other knowledge, after watching this video one would assume that the IDF have only screened the importation of military hardware. This is simply untrue. While the video does say humanitarian supplies are allowed to flow into Gaza, it does not give any indication which other other goods have been blocked which do not meet Israel's very limited definition of humanitarian supplies.

According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs at various times, Israel has blocked goods including wheelchairs, dry food items, and crayons, stationary, soccer balls, and musical instruments.

International aid group Mercy Corps said it was blocked from sending 90 tons of macaroni and other foodstuffs. After international pressure, Israeli authorities said that they were giving the shipment a green light.

Because of an Israeli ban on the importation of construction materials (such as cement and steel) for fear of Hamas using them to build bunkers and fortified positions from which to shell villages in Israel, the UN Relief and Works Agency built at least one mud brick home, and planned to build up to 120.

Tin cans are banned because the tin might be melted down and used to build weaponry or structures by Hamas, making it hard for Gazan farmers to preserve their vegetables.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip_(2007-present))