PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann PRAISES Ron Paul (new video)

Joey Fuller
06-28-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7G_pey51A8&feature=channel_video_title

sorianofan
06-28-2011, 11:15 AM
She ought to, she stole all his ideas besides foreign policy. This makes her a dangerous froce, as she can grab both the tea and neo con parts of the republican party.

CaptUSA
06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
This makes her a dangerous froce,

I beg to differ. This is what makes her so valuable.

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
(new video)

From when?
Before she announced that she was running against Ron and drawing away support?

:(

acptulsa
06-28-2011, 11:31 AM
From when?

Have some more rep.

First they ignore you.
Then they ridicule you.
Then they fight you.
The step they didn't use on Ghandi: Then they try to usurp your positions.
Then we win--if we don't get fooled again.

CaptUSA
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
(new video)

I may be deluding myself, but I prefer to see her building support from a different direction. I really don't see her winning the primaries or even being number 2 or 3. What I do envision is her ability to transfer a large portion of her support over to Dr. Paul. Don't let these initial polls get you down, her support is not lasting. But her influence among a portion of the GOP electorate is.

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I may be deluding myself, but I prefer to see her building support from a different direction. I really don't see her winning the primaries or even being number 2 or 3. What I do envision is her ability to transfer a large portion of her support over to Dr. Paul. Don't let these initial polls get you down, her support is not lasting. But her influence among a portion of the GOP electorate is.
Then why run in competition against Ron Paul?
Why not just publicly endorse him and work with his campaign?

anaconda
06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
(new video)

From when?

She appears to be addressing YAL, so it's perfunctory that she praise RP in that auditorium.

RileyE104
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
(new video)

From when?

I think this was after the NH debate but I'm not sure...

RileyE104
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
She appears to be addressing YAL, so it's perfunctory that she praise RP in that auditorium.

This was a YAL event. I just don't know when it occurred. I'm pretty sure it's very recent though.

RileyE104
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Who knows, maybe they have something planned...

newyearsrevolution08
06-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Having bachmann and mittens pitch ron pauls platform is perfect because when it actually comes to voting record among other things I KNOW we could kill both of them in the media whether they want us to or not.

Its one thing to SAY you will bring our troops home, obama said the same shit and look at him. I don't think people are going to vote 100% off of what they say this go around ESPECIALLY obama. Now bachmann is going to collapse herself, she is worse off than palin already PLUS palin at least LISTENED to the words being whispered into her ear. Bachmann just uses stupid remarks with ZERO answer and stays vague. That will last about as long as mittens can pretend he can get the christian vote LOL

Joey Fuller
06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not too worried about Bachmann... she has some attention.. some because she has the tea party rhetoric down.. some because she is a female.. but she will fade.. and I predict she will come and endorse Ron Paul..

she doesn't have the grassroots behind her.

Joey Fuller
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
the video is from:
Ron Paul's speech with Michele Bachman, at Northrop Auditorium, 9/25/09

see link inside the details of my vid

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 03:02 PM
the video is from:
Ron Paul's speech with Michele Bachman, at Northrop Auditorium, 9/25/09

see link inside the details of my vid

9/25/09
Not so new video.
;)

CaptUSA
06-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Who knows, maybe they have something planned...

Well, I doubt that they have anything planned... I really think she believes she can pull this off. I also believe that when reality smacks her in the face, the most likely way for her to save face will be to endorse Paul.

And I really don't think she's running against Paul... I think she's running against what she views as the establishment. But she will stumble. She will not be able to survive the scrutiny. And she will be very valuable to whatever candidate can garner her support. That candidate needs to be Ron Paul.

RileyE104
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM
9/25/09
Not so new video.
;)

Ha, I thought it was new because someone posted it right after the NH debate.

Feeding the Abscess
06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
She votes with Republicans 94% of the time (Boehner and Cantor vote 95% of the time with the party; Ron = 77%), is for the War on Drugs, War on Terror, government controlled Internet, PATRIOT Act, farm subsidies, Guantanamo Bay, and using the Constitution to force her views on states and individuals (while stating otherwise).

This woman is a sham and a mockery of our movement.

Brett85
06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
She votes with Republicans 94% of the time (Boehner and Cantor vote 95% of the time with the party; Ron = 77%), is for the War on Drugs, War on Terror, government controlled Internet, PATRIOT Act, farm subsidies, Guantanamo Bay, and using the Constitution to force her views on states and individuals (while stating otherwise).

This woman is a sham and a mockery of our movement.

Just one correction: She is opposed to farm subsidies. In the last bill that came up she voted for every single amendment that would cut them, and she was one of only 20 Republicans to vote against the bill.

wrestlingwes_8
06-28-2011, 06:47 PM
I was there at that speech with Dr. Paul and Bachmann. She really seemed out of place and quite a few people were even surprised she was speaking at the event due to some of her positions. The event was held to focus specifically on economics, if I remember correctly.

falconplayer11
06-28-2011, 06:53 PM
I would never trust Bachmann to stick with Paul if it came down to Romney and Paul...she is an opportunist. She is smart enough to see that Paul has a lot of appeal from young people, but she is a total opportunist who has proven with her record to be a barely-nominal liberty-lover.

qh4dotcom
06-28-2011, 07:26 PM
(new video)

From when?

September 26, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleZcGvr5UQ

Rothbardian Girl
06-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Just one correction: She is opposed to farm subsidies. In the last bill that came up she voted for every single amendment that would cut them, and she was one of only 20 Republicans to vote against the bill.

That makes her a giant hypocrite then, because recently it's come out that she personally benefited (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=137457238) from farm subsidies.

Quote if you don't feel like clicking a new window:

Michele Bachmann's claim that she has "never gotten a penny" from a family farm that's been subsidized by the government is at odds with her financial disclosure statements. They show tens of thousands in personal income from the operation.

She's a snake and I don't trust her. Once again, I find it impossible to believe that she sits on the beach reading Mises/Hayek, et al. and continues to have some ridiculous stances on a lot of key issues.

We shall see if she endorses Paul in time or not, I guess...

Deborah K
06-28-2011, 07:45 PM

Do you think maybe her ultimate goal is to be on his ticket? Would Ron consider it?

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Do you think maybe her ultimate goal is to be on his ticket? Would Ron consider it?

I have very real doubts.
I believe that Ron is an intelligent and thoughtful person.

Deborah K
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
I have very real doubts.
I believe that Ron is an intelligent and thoughtful person.

He likes her. Whether we like it or not, he likes her. I personally think it would behoove us not to villify her too much. Doug's article was a softball critique which is fine, but what if he would consider her on his ticket? She's not nearly as polarizing as Sarah who is little more than a side-show. And if he gets Michele, he gets Ed Rollins....just sayin....

ds21089
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
He likes her. Whether we like it or not, he likes her. I personally think it would behoove us not to villify her too much. Doug's article was a softball critique which is fine, but what if he would consider her on his ticket? She's not nearly as polarizing as Sarah who is little more than a side-show. And if he gets Michele, he gets Ed Rollins....just sayin....

We need a trustworthy VP. If (God forbid) something were to happen to the good doctor, can we really trust Bachmann to run this country? I still say she's a fake, following around RP to learn his stances in an attempt to sound as if she's for the same things. Remember, she's a lawyer (we all know what lawyers are good at) Their ability to lie and deceive the public is strong and we shouldn't fall for it like all those who fell for Obama in 08.

Deborah K
06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
We need a trustworthy VP. If (God forbid) something were to happen to the good doctor, can we really trust Bachmann to run this country? I still say she's a fake, following around RP to learn his stances in an attempt to sound as if she's for the same things. Remember, she's a lawyer (we all know what lawyers are good at) Their ability to lie and deceive the public is strong and we shouldn't fall for it like all those who fell for Obama in 08.

I just wouldn't rule it out - that's all.

pcosmar
06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
I just wouldn't rule it out - that's all.

I do. Ron is not an idiot. He likes lots of folks that he would not run with.
Bachmann is a Neo-Con. Just because she has adopted some talking points and jumped on the bandwagon does not mean she is honest or principled.
I would say, Don't expect it.
I have no doubt that the GOP will try to saddle Ron with some dead weight. They did it to Reagan.
And I don't believe that Ron has a short memory.

Deborah K
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I do. Ron is not an idiot. He likes lots of folks that he would not run with.
Bachmann is a Neo-Con. Just because she has adopted some talking points and jumped on the bandwagon does not mean she is honest or principled.
I would say, Don't expect it.
I have no doubt that the GOP will try to saddle Ron with some dead weight. They did it to Reagan.
And I don't believe that Ron has a short memory.

Maybe so, but I still think it's a bad idea to villify Bachmann. She's Tea, and it would be to our advantage not to alienate them. Think strategy.

Feeding the Abscess
06-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Palin than Bachmann, and I think Palin is a joke. Palin is a flake, but Bachmann is a snake.

Deborah K
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Palin than Bachmann, and I think Palin is a joke. Palin is a flake, but Bachmann is a snake.

Doesn't matter what we think, only matters what the campaign and Ron thinks. My understanding is that they meet regularly, if not weekly. He wouldn't waste his time meeting with someone he didn't have a level of respect for. I'm not saying I'm for it, or that it will happen, I'm just saying she's Tea and so is he and he may be thinking it's a good combo. She's polling pretty well in Iowa, folks: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2011-06-26-Bachmann-Iowa-poll-Romney-2012-GOP-nomination_n.htm

Don't burn bridges.

Feeding the Abscess
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
He wouldn't pick her. She's for the War on Terror, War on Drugs, PATRIOT Act, Guantanamo Bay, Telecom immunity, farm subsidies, raising the debt ceiling, stimulus bills, forcing others to live certain ways by amending the Constitution. She votes with the party 94% of the time, which is almost an exact match for Boehner's and Cantor's records. Ron has avoided praising her, avoided her Tea Party caucus, and lumped her in with the "status quo".

There isn't any bridge to burn. Philosophical rivals need to be opposed, not embraced. The level of opposition is open for debate, but not the stance itself.

Deborah K
06-29-2011, 02:27 PM
He wouldn't pick her. She's for the War on Terror, War on Drugs, PATRIOT Act, Guantanamo Bay, Telecom immunity, farm subsidies, raising the debt ceiling, stimulus bills, forcing others to live certain ways by amending the Constitution. She votes with the party 94% of the time, which is almost an exact match for Boehner's and Cantor's records. Ron has avoided praising her, avoided her Tea Party caucus, and lumped her in with the "status quo".

There isn't any bridge to burn. Philosophical rivals need to be opposed, not embraced. The level of opposition is open for debate, but not the stance itself.

Fair enough, but as someone else has already mentioned, if her campaign folds, why take a chance on alienating her supporters?

KAYA
06-29-2011, 05:38 PM
She ought to, she stole all his ideas besides foreign policy. This makes her a dangerous froce, as she can grab both the tea and neo con parts of the republican party.

So let me get this straight. If you agree with someone on an issue that's steeling an idea.

Watch
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
This was a YAL event. I just don't know when it occurred. I'm pretty sure it's very recent though.

No This video is from September 25, 2009
Here's the same video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9IKjMBiXI&feature=relmfu

Watch
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
And I didn't know this already. I typed in Google, YAL with Ron Paul and Michelle Bachmann. And unless they both wore the same outfits, were seeing an edited video uploaded. But for what purpose?

acptulsa
06-30-2011, 07:55 AM
Maybe so, but I still think it's a bad idea to villify Bachmann. She's Tea, and it would be to our advantage not to alienate them. Think strategy.

I am thinking of strategy--her strategy. Her strategy is not unlike Rand's, but to a different end. Rand holds his father's views, but strategically talks to his red state voters in the platitudes they like to hear. Bachmann is a little different. She combines undeniable charisma with all of Ron's talking points so she can get elected and go shill for the corporations (getting rich in the process).

No, we can't afford to alienate those who like her. But we can't afford to let her get away with what she's doing, either. Because, at the end of the day, she's running against Ron Paul, and she's no Ron Paul.

Our best bet is to let her win Republicans over to our ideas, then as gently as possible help them see who the real deal is and who's just blowing smoke up our asses. Our worst bet is to let her claims to principle stand unchallenged.

Deborah K
06-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Agreed. That is why I have no problem with articles like Doug Wead's that distinguish her from Ron Paul without alienating her base.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-01-2011, 04:16 AM

Well, she may be thinking about it but I don't think Ron would consider her & that's how it should be.

Here's Ron saying that he'd want a VP who'd agree with him & there are just too many critical differences between him & Bachmann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZj-LlP40I#t=46m5

I am thinking of strategy--her strategy. Her strategy is not unlike Rand's, but to a different end. Rand holds his father's views, but strategically talks to his red state voters in the platitudes they like to hear. Bachmann is a little different. She combines undeniable charisma with all of Ron's talking points so she can get elected and go shill for the corporations (getting rich in the process).

No, we can't afford to alienate those who like her. But we can't afford to let her get away with what she's doing, either. Because, at the end of the day, she's running against Ron Paul, and she's no Ron Paul.

Our best bet is to let her win Republicans over to our ideas, then as gently as possible help them see who the real deal is and who's just blowing smoke up our asses. Our worst bet is to let her claims to principle stand unchallenged.

+1

We shouldn't antagonize her supporters but definitely bring to their notice all the points Feeding The Abscess has brought forward.