PDA

View Full Version : No more monkeying around

hugolp
06-27-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxMcd9f4-uA

Nate-ForLiberty
06-27-2011, 11:00 PM
could have been great if it wasn't blaming corporatism on small government. That's a pretty slick piece of propaganda.

heavenlyboy34
06-27-2011, 11:03 PM
lolz...it's so much like reality it makes me giggle. :)

hugolp
06-27-2011, 11:10 PM
could have been great if it wasn't blaming corporatism on small government. That's a pretty slick piece of propaganda.

:confused:

Nate-ForLiberty
06-27-2011, 11:18 PM
:confused:

When all the monkeys are in charge there is a massive increase in laws, which leads to a utopia like society. Once the politicians return, they destroy all the laws and society goes back to being a hell hole.

I almost missed it the first time myself. Like I said, very slick.

hugolp
06-28-2011, 12:23 AM
When all the monkeys are in charge there is a massive increase in laws, which leads to a utopia like society. Once the politicians return, they destroy all the laws and society goes back to being a hell hole.

I almost missed it the first time myself. Like I said, very slick.

You know, you might be right.

I am willing to give it the interpretation that the monkey congress just randomly approved laws, which was better than the centrally planed intention of the politicians.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-28-2011, 03:07 AM

I am willing to give it the interpretation that the monkey congress just randomly approved laws, which was better than the centrally planed intention of the politicians.

Except the animation is very specific that the politicians mindlessly vote no on all the laws, and the monkeys vote yes. The monkeys never vote no.

See what I mean by slick? It pulls you in with the concept that monkeys would be better than politicians, but then almost underhandedly gives you the opposite reason why.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM

So I left just a short comment on the video with my perception of the it, and then the creator sent me a message. Obviously, I can't post a private email, but the gist of it was this. He totally agrees more laws are BAD and less laws are good. He did not intend to show the opposite. This animation was for a project in order to graduate college. He seemed quite astute as to what type of government is better for the people, and that is what he was trying to show; i.e. when the politicians are gone, things are better. Although, he did admit that he hadn't thought about his story the way I presented. I got the impression that there were time constraints and he didn't have as much time to think the whole thing through before he began.

So, after our little exchange via YT emails, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and laugh at his animated short. :)