PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012 Garage Sale 7/22 to 7/24

RonPaul101.com
06-27-2011, 07:45 PM
The webpage is up: http://yardsalemoneybomb.info/

Add it to your social network sites.

BarryDonegan
06-27-2011, 09:58 PM
yard sale would send an interesting message. When your neighbors come up and you tell them you are selling the items to raise money to donate to ron paul, that sounds pretty serious.

RonPaul101.com
06-28-2011, 07:47 AM
yard sale would send an interesting message. When your neighbors come up and you tell them you are selling the items to raise money to donate to ron paul, that sounds pretty serious.

Yeah, its a free market economy in progress; what better way to lead than by example. Clear out the clutter, make some money to donate to Ron Paul's campaign, and get a public forum to better detail Ron Paul to your neighbors.

Hopefully, folks are willing to give this a try.

thehighwaymanq
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM

I wouldnt directly say that. I would just have some RP signs and give out literature if they want it. We're not here to push anything on anyone, its just a simple way to talk to neighbors about the election and maybe tell people about RP.

It's a two-fold plan: get "donations" through profit of items, and gauge opinions of neighbors on 2012.

RonPaul101.com
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I wouldnt directly say that. I would just have some RP signs and give out literature if they want it. We're not here to push anything on anyone, its just a simple way to talk to neighbors about the election and maybe tell people about RP.

It's a two-fold plan: get "donations" through profit of items, and gauge opinions of neighbors on 2012.

I agree, and would add in that its a good opportunity to register voters or re-register voters who aren't register republicans.

I sold some people on the idea of, "Obama will be the democrat nominee anyway, so wouldn't you want a better choice then Mitt Romney when it comes time for the general election?" This way even those who may still support Obama in the general election (God knows why though?) can still vote for Ron Paul in a GOP Primary. Hopefully they will reach the age of reason before the general election, but if not we've still lost nothing from this would-be Obama supporter, but gained a primary voter based on their dislike of GOP frontrunners.

The yard sale website has info and links for registering voters (I wish the ronpaul2012 site did):
http://yardsalemoneybomb.info

thehighwaymanq
06-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I agree, and would add in that its a good opportunity to register voters or re-register voters who aren't register republicans.

I sold some people on the idea of, "Obama will be the democrat nominee anyway, so wouldn't you want a better choice then Mitt Romney when it comes time for the general election?" This way even those who may still support Obama in the general election (God knows why though?) can still vote for Ron Paul in a GOP Primary. Hopefully they will reach the age of reason before the general election, but if not we've still lost nothing from this would-be Obama supporter, but gained a primary voter based on their dislike of GOP frontrunners.

The yard sale website has info and links for registering voters (I wish the ronpaul2012 site did):
http://yardsalemoneybomb.info

New post at DP:
http://www.dailypaul.com/169218/ron-paul-cut-the-clutter-nation-wide-garage-sale-initiative

We really need to encourage people to register R!

RonPaul101.com
06-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Voters, heck even Obama supporters, should want to have a quality choice for America in 2012. The Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Official Page NEEDS to have a register to vote link very well displayed. Its the foundation for everything we do to gain support.

On the webpage http://yardsalemoneybomb.info I have links to the appropriate pages for registering to vote and understanding closed and open primaries state by state. Plus the idea of giving away a cold bottle of water or glass of lemonade to get someone to register might be a good angle too.

RonPaul101.com
06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
New post at DP:
http://www.dailypaul.com/169218/ron-paul-cut-the-clutter-nation-wide-garage-sale-initiative

We really need to encourage people to register R!

Great write up on daily paul! I'm glad to see that we're all able to make your idea a reality. Looks like some folks are already wanting a second event, which is good news as well.

newyearsrevolution08
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
A second event is the least of it, I am setting up a site that will allow continuous yard sales as well as other simple grassroots efforts like this one we are building as far as the cut the clutter yard sale event.

It will go on through the election cycle!

Keep that site building and gaining steam!!!

I just can't wait for people to take pics of their ron paul style yard and garage sales!!!!

MelissaCato
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I need to get 2012 materials yet, darn it. Or can I just hand out all the 2008 materials ? I have a a good amount of everything 2008.

RonPaul101.com
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I need to get 2012 materials yet, darn it. Or can I just hand out all the 2008 materials ? I have a a good amount of everything 2008.

I would say aim for the 2012 campaign items if at all possible. If its a financial concern just get a package of "Restore America's Prosperity (pack of 100)" and a "Ron Paul 2012 White Poly-Bag Yard Signs 14" x 22" w wire frame" for a total cost of $18.50, which includes shipping. Just give away the slim jim cards and print out a bunch of Register to Vote forms (I have links for it on the website http://yardsalemoneybomb.info). Even if that is all you can afford in preperation, its better than not hosting a sale and getting funding for the campaign.

And if you have to buy some minimal items for the July sale, buying them now helps this June 30th Push.

RonPaul101.com
06-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone doing this RP Natl Yard Sale Event and planning on ordering RP campaign items from http://ronpaul2012.com should try and do that before July 1st so it can be included in the fundraising push; plus you'll want you items in plenty of time for the sale.

thehighwaymanq
06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
If you need supplies I suggest Ronpaulproducts.com because its so much cheaper.

Also, I'm looking into getting RP balloons to hang up because they will look really good!

newyearsrevolution08
06-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I am printing out some Ron Paul or Bust vinyl banners for our yard sales. I am going to plan on having 1 a month until elections IF possible and when it makes sense (weather and all). Only thing now is to locate enough stuff so I can keep having these things lol. While I am trying to generate money to donate, my main goal is speaking with those around me locally and getting them onboard in hopes of them too turning into volunteer donators as well.

A great idea btw to those interested in multiple yard sales and worried about running out of stuff to put out there

go to craigslist and check out their free section. There is a ton of great stuff that people give away that would end up in the trash SO why not snag that stuff up, put a price on it and raise some money for ron paul ALL THE WHILE talking with those closest to you about the BEST Presidential Candidate for 2012 who we all know to be, RON PAUL!!!!!

Ron Paul or Bust

Since we have a site, we have a facebook event, I stopped making those two and now will just keep my efforts on getting people onboard with the idea itself and showing their support on our facebook events page!!!

Keep it up guys, it will only get bigger from here on out!!!!

RonPaul101.com
06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
If you need supplies I suggest Ronpaulproducts.com because its so much cheaper.

Also, I'm looking into getting RP balloons to hang up because they will look really good!

For Bumper Stickers they are much cheaper, yard signs about the same cost unless you are buying in large quantities. Also, if you are close to hitting your donation maximum, you'll need to avoid the campaign store.

Unfortunately I do not have the financial capability to hit near the maximum, so I buy everything from the rp2012 store to help the campaign; let them keep the profits. So it depends on the buyer and the quantities really.

thehighwaymanq
06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
For Bumper Stickers they are much cheaper, yard signs about the same cost unless you are buying in large quantities. Also, if you are close to hitting your donation maximum, you'll need to avoid the campaign store.

Unfortunately I do not have the financial capability to hit near the maximum, so I buy everything from the rp2012 store to help the campaign; let them keep the profits. So it depends on the buyer and the quantities really.

Also, if you make a lot of the yard sale you are going to max out. So Ronpaulproducts.com may be the best choice.

I hope I max out due to the sale!

RonPaul101.com
07-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I updated the website (http://yardsalemoneybomb.info) to include a subpage for a Garageless Sale (or virtual sale). Hopefully this will allow for a larger audience to get involved and will keep the event going well after July 24th...

Thoughts?

thehighwaymanq
07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I updated the website (http://yardsalemoneybomb.info) to include a subpage for a Garageless Sale (or virtual sale). Hopefully this will allow for a larger audience to get involved and will keep the event going well after July 24th...

Thoughts?

Awesome!!!

newyearsrevolution08
07-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Thoughts?

I will take a look and pm you.

I have thought about the virtual or cyber donation options as well. A cyber dinner would be great but my favorite so far is a "skype chat" with ron to the lucky winners on random donation games etc but not sure if that would be illegal with him helping out in that fashion.

RonPaul101.com
07-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I will take a look and pm you.

I have thought about the virtual or cyber donation options as well. A cyber dinner would be great but my favorite so far is a "skype chat" with ron to the lucky winners on random donation games etc but not sure if that would be illegal with him helping out in that fashion.

I like the cyber dinner, if we can handle the logistics. Maybe even a conference call with Dr. Paul limited to a dozen contributors or so could work.

thehighwaymanq
07-02-2011, 01:12 AM
I think there a lot of Internet / Skype / Video-conferencing events and fundraisers we could do. RP supporters run the internet, we need to make this campaign super technologically productive. But that's a different conversation!

YARD SALES!

RonPaul101.com
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I think there a lot of Internet / Skype / Video-conferencing events and fundraisers we could do. RP supporters run the internet, we need to make this campaign super technologically productive. But that's a different conversation!

YARD SALES!

I don't know about the "chance to win" a cyber dinner or conference, but perhaps the campaign would consider selling tickets to a conference call or such, much like a convention would work.

thehighwaymanq
07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't know about the "chance to win" a cyber dinner or conference, but perhaps the campaign would consider selling tickets to a conference call or such, much like a convention would work.

There is so much that can be done. I think we accomplish more and more everyday on these boards and its great to see!

RonPaul101.com
07-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Hopefully we can get more folks in on this, especially with the Virtual Yard Sale.

Everybody must have something they can sell to raise money for the campaign, so why am I still the only one out here: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=NGSE&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Visit our site (http://yardsalemoneybomb.info) for more info on a virtual garage sale.

thehighwaymanq
07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Hopefully we can get more folks in on this, especially with the Virtual Yard Sale.

Everybody must have something they can sell to raise money for the campaign, so why am I still the only one out here: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=NGSE&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Visit our site (http://yardsalemoneybomb.info) for more info on a virtual garage sale.

BUMP!

This is an awesome chance spread the ideas of Ron Paul, gauge your neighbors political opinions, and make money for the campaign!

thehighwaymanq
07-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm about to draft an email and send it out to as many Meet-Up groups as I possibly can! Time to see our numbers really explode!

thehighwaymanq
07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I've begin sending emails out to all Meet-Up groups for Ron Paul! Anybody else having success finding others?

newyearsrevolution08
07-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I am sending out plenty this week. I am in the middle of moving so I am all over the place right now lol. The meetup groups are one thing but I am also going to be posting in craigslist for both yard sales as well as I think a post can go in various "politics" and "events" sections as well.

Maybe a thread on "How To Raise Donations For Ron Paul" and including the yard sales, ebay sales and the million other ideas all in one easy to read thread. As we add more ideas that is because yard sales, ebay and other donation raising ideas will odds are spring up even MORE ideas on how to generate grassroots revenues.

I also want to look into the cheapest signage options possible for folks looking to get the most bang for their buck. Spraypaint and cardboard do wonders especially with the right stencils. Maybe some revolution stencils or Ron Paul or Bust stencils that people can make in a hurry.

It would be great for different quotes etc and then during the events have the slim jims, I suppose during the garage-less sales or online you could always include the picture of the slimjims that you want to include in the ad for those to read what it is you are raising donations for.

great stuff guys

RonPaul101.com
07-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I am sending some stuff out tomorrow to another member interested in hosting a sale, and I posted another ebay item.

thehighwaymanq
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes for "RP or bust" stencils!

Actually, I'll buy any stencil with something related to RP.

newyearsrevolution08
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Yes for "RP or bust" stencils!

Actually, I'll buy any stencil with something related to RP.

just catchy strong stencils

would be better than $5+ yard signs

recycle cardboard boxes and get some paint

should end up damn cheap.

Now who is making revolution stencils or has the ability to mass produce those?

maybe the official campaign could get some bad ass Ron Paul 2012 stencils going.

grassroots can get the catchy phrases and other statements ie end the fed, no income tax, legalize marijuana etc whatever issue you want to represent and or see a reason to represent.

thehighwaymanq
07-07-2011, 12:12 AM
just catchy strong stencils

would be better than $5+ yard signs

recycle cardboard boxes and get some paint

should end up damn cheap.

Now who is making revolution stencils or has the ability to mass produce those?

maybe the official campaign could get some bad ass Ron Paul 2012 stencils going.

grassroots can get the catchy phrases and other statements ie end the fed, no income tax, legalize marijuana etc whatever issue you want to represent and or see a reason to represent.

I'm going to email the campaign about stencils right now. Good idea!

RonPaul101.com
07-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Should we consider a separate thread for a virtual or garageless sale? I think this is an easy thing for anyone to participate in and it could be huge. If everyone as a show of support just listed one item online we could generate huge money collectively for the next money bomb event.

thehighwaymanq
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Should we consider a separate thread for a virtual or garageless sale? I think this is an easy thing for anyone to participate in and it could be huge. If everyone as a show of support just listed one item online we could generate huge money collectively for the next money bomb event.

I think that would be a great idea. It's under the same umbrella, but a different type of sale.

Oh, and I sent out about 30 emails to Meet-up groups last night.

thehighwaymanq
07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
BUMP!

What other forum members are planning on holding a real or virtual yard sale for Dr. Paul?

Tinnuhana
07-08-2011, 09:19 AM
We have Freecycle Meet-up groups around. Only stuff to be given away. I don't know if it would be allowed by the moderators in mine, but maybe could give away RP yard signs and stuff to anyone who wants them.

RonPaul101.com
07-08-2011, 09:29 AM
We have Freecycle Meet-up groups around. Only stuff to be given away. I don't know if it would be allowed by the moderators in mine, but maybe could give away RP yard signs and stuff to anyone who wants them.

Sure, giving out RP campaign stuff is always good. Hand out some of the 2012 slim jims to those who may want to send in a donation check to the campaign. If you don't have any and need a few, send me your address in a private message here and I'll mail you some.

Tinnuhana
07-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks, rp101, but I'm in touch with the campaign people locally and can get stuff from them.

RonPaul101.com
07-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Okay, best of luck!

thehighwaymanq
07-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Early morning bump!

thehighwaymanq
07-11-2011, 08:57 PM
bump

RonPaul101.com
07-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I currently have the DVD, "Inside Job" on our virtual sale. Good documentary for those that haven't seen it you can buy it and support the campaign:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1%257C72%253A5049&rt=nc&_nkw=ngse&_dmpt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

RonPaul101.com
07-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Less than two weeks for this event. Bump

RonPaul101.com
07-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I currently have the DVD, "Inside Job" on our virtual sale. Good documentary for those that haven't seen it you can buy it and support the campaign:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1%257C72%253A5049&rt=nc&_nkw=ngse&_dmpt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

Bump

I've turned up the funding "heat" and I'm selling off real money: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=ngse&_sacat=See-All-Categories

RonPaul101.com
07-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Bump, this time next week...

RonPaul101.com
07-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Ready, set, go...

RonPaul101.com
07-25-2011, 09:18 PM
My Ron Paul National Yard Sale Event Day was held at a local flea market in Columbus, NJ. This place gets about 1200 - 1300 people on a summer Sunday. I was able to sell some junk (sadly not for big bucks) to support the campaign, raise awareness to the RP campaign, and learn how to become a better campaigner.

I sold a bunch of my unwanted junk for a total of $81, and the cost to rent the flea market space was $25. So without further delay:
------
Thank you for your generous donation to the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee. Your contribution to Ron will help fuel the fight to return this country to the principles that made it great.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $56.00
Transaction date/time: 2011-07-25 09:42:54
Transaction ID: 298314609
------
I know its not a ton of money, but its better than nothing and I'm sure the campaign will make good use of it.

Of the roughly 1200 people there on Sunday, 800 of them saw my table, and probably 200+ people stopped and looked around in more detail. Probably 40 people or so commented on the RP setup, asked questions and/or took slim jims. No one was negative or adversarial towards my efforts or Ron Paul. One gentleman in particular was the highlight of my day. I was able to turn two would-be voters of Ron Paul into campaigners. A dad was there with his adult son (18-21) and we all had a detailed discussion about Ron Paul. He wanted to get involved and support RP but seemed like he was waiting for a convenient time to start; luckily I presented that opportunity. I gave him tons of campaign info, a key chain, a staked yard sign, a window sign, and a DVD of For Liberty. He said he was just arriving to the market and would gladly carry the signs around all day and tell others where my booth was located. Hours later, still carrying the signs, he stopped back to ask how the Ron Paul'ing was going and if I needed anything (I love the passion and energy of RP supporters; what other candidate has even 1/10th of these dedicated supporters?).

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/lippinl/NationalRonPaulYardSaleEvent_07242011-2-1.jpg

Lastly, I learned on the fly how to become a better campaigner. Normally I would answer the jab of "I like Ron Paul but sadly he can't win" as, "We need to vote for the right person and not for a political party, etc.". But without the time to have long discussions with people on the move I answered those people with a much more positive angle of, "America is vastly different now than 4 years ago. Back then people only thought GW Bush was the problem and that Obama was going to fix America. People now realize what RP knew years ago; we need smaller, more responsible government, not endless wars and record spending. Google CPAC 2011 results, Google RLC 2011 results, Google GOP fundraising results. America has shown its ready for Ron Paul to be President."
Also, I gave away free cold bottles of water to anyone who was taking an interest in the RP stuff. At 5:30am when I arrived to set up it was only 71 degrees, but by 11am on the black top it was 96; a cold bottle of water went a long way. For only $0.15 a bottle (I bought in bulk) I was able to get people to stay longer, talk more about Ron Paul, and walk away with a positive attitude towards Ron Paul's campaign. I never resorted to barking out campaign slogans, arguing with people, or being fanatical and I felt I had a lot of success.
At only $25 a table, I may have to see if my meetup group wants to have a table solely for handing out RP stuff one day soon.

RonPaul101.com
07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
How did others do?
North Jersey, PA, Las Vegas...?
Did you talk to a lot of voters and raise money for the campaign this past weekend?