PDA

View Full Version : Let’s Front-load the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Now

K466
06-27-2011, 07:03 PM
As of this evening, we have $1.45 Million to go to reach the $5 million goal. That is a substantial sum* that will earn us more respect and increase Paul’s electability. However, to win, we need a lot more, and fast. Romney is going to show a big number, in hopes of scaring off opponents. Other candidates will also be boasting something around or above $5 million, including Pawlenty and Bachmann. Cain probably won’t reach that level, according to this Politico article (http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=0E8C1FBC-EAFD-4056-9BA1-5E5131A9D867), but beating him will be essential.

It’s been said, in Paul’s own fundraising emails, that one dollar now is worth five dollars later. It’s true. We need to front-load this campaign: whatever you plan to donate to this race, try to do it now. Then imagine you’ve donated 5 times as much. I don’t recommend dependence on credit cards, but if you have to use one to front-load things now, it might be worth it.

We, the dedicated supporters of Paul at this early stage of the race, should go ahead and exhaust our funds now, rather than waiting and donating here and there throughout the year. Our donations will draw new donors in later. The more we raise, the more viable we are, and the more we raise later.

Stop and think about the wonderful things that could happen if our man won the general, or even just the nomination. It’s bigger than just the office of POTUS. It signals a whole new direction for the GOP and the country. Not only that, but we get to watch the establishment lackeys at the New York Times and the rest of the MSM go bonkers. Wouldn’t that alone be worth it?

I planned on donating a particular amount during the campaign, based on what I thought I could afford, and was going to split it up between all the major moneybombs. Bad idea. I’m donating it all, right now. I hope you will help me front-load the campaign. We’ve got just over 3 days till end of quarter

*Compare to $2.4 million raised in the second quarter of 2007.

sailingaway
06-27-2011, 07:42 PM
People need to read that politico article. Essentially, according to that article, everyone competitive is expected to beat or match Ron's $5 million goal, and when I say match I'm talking about Pawlenty.

K466
06-27-2011, 07:59 PM
True. We might beat Santorum, and if we're 'lucky', maybe Gingrich and Cain. A strong push could help us beat Pawlenty and maybe even Bachmann.

Stupid Politico failed to even mention Ron, though :(

jbuttell
06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
I agree... I've been thinking about maxing out by the end of this month. I think I'm nearly half-way toward maxing out at this point. I need to review my donation confirmation emails... I can't quite remember though - the presidential exploratory PAC donations that some of us were involved with, that counts toward our max contribution yes?

K466
06-28-2011, 09:36 AM
the presidential exploratory PAC donations that some of us were involved with, that counts toward our max contribution yes?

Bump... does anyone know the answer to this?

HOLLYWOOD
06-28-2011, 09:58 AM
True. We might beat Santorum, and if we're 'lucky', maybe Gingrich and Cain. A strong push could help us beat Pawlenty and maybe even Bachmann.

Stupid Politico failed to even mention Ron, though :(POLITICO is pushing Romney because he's the most liberal out of the GOP field.

ObamaCare + RomneyCare = ObamneyCare
Libtards + Jour-NO-lism = POLITICO

newyearsrevolution08
06-28-2011, 10:11 AM
I must have picked the worst month to plan moving then. I can't max out right now but once moved I will start resaving funds. I have a few sites that I am using those funds towards donations BUT not really maxing me out RIGHT NOW.

If anything donate $5 verus "maxing out" It is better to give SOMETHING than nothing and many people might not be able to max out RIGHT NOW. Give ANYTHING you can or want to give BEFORE they tally it all up. I will however say that ron paul isn't going to win by playing the same game everyone else is and until they see that, we aren't going anywhere.

sailingaway
06-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Bump... does anyone know the answer to this?

Liberty Pac does not count towards the campaign account cap but exploratory campaign does. When you max out you might consider donating to the tv ads, to air them, if you like them once they are done.

What I want to know is about his congressional account. I saw something saying they can transfer from their congressional accounts and Bachmann is expected to because she collected huge sums in 2010. Can people max out to both Ron's campaign and his congressional account and then can he use it for the presidential campaign while still running for congress? She is 'putting off' deciding whether to run for congress at this point and I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, everyone donating (until it is filled) is recommended to post in the $1,000 match thread, so it will be matched up to a total of that amount, at least until it is full.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300774-1-000.00-Pledge