View Full Version : [video] Ron Paul Interview With Glenn Beck On Fox

Immortal Technique
06-27-2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_F3boxWqs

Airing Date June.27, 2011

Ron Paul Interview With Glenn Beck On Fox

QueenB4Liberty
06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Haha rightttt Glenn Beck is such an asshole. "Yeah, we had to cut him off because of the network break" BULLSHIT. He just said we shouldn't give money to Israel and make them dependent on us.

Ron did great though! :)

sorianofan
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Beck was fair...he just did too much heroin before the interview.

evilfunnystuff
06-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Ron did a good job at the end there.

LibertyEagle
06-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Beck's body language while Dr. Paul was talking was pretty weird though. He obviously was frustrated because he wanted to do more of the talking. lol

COpatriot
06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Haha! That douchenozzle tried to bait RP with the Israel Q and RP knocked it out of the park.

Imaginos
06-27-2011, 05:50 PM
The shameless whore (=Beck) tried to use anti-Semite card on Ron Paul just like Ben Stein did.
Sometimes I wonder how these people can sleep at night.
Don't they even have shame?
How can they preach morality with that mouth to their children?

devil21
06-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the vid. Beck is a snake, always has been and always will be. They cut RP off because he wasn't kowtowing to Israel.

bb_dg
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
You know, I always thought Beck wasn't that bad. Sure I can disagree with him on a lot of things, but he does a very good job of keeping his mouth shut when the other person answers his question.

Velho
06-27-2011, 06:14 PM
The shameless whore (=Beck) tried to use anti-Semite card on Ron Paul just like Ben Stein did.
?

You do realize that the anti-Semite card has been in effective use for over a half a century, since the Soviet propaganda announcement of 6 million, right?

If you're losing in a political debate: One card to rule them all, One card to find them, One card to bring them all and in the darkness bind them, in the land of West where Shadows lie.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the vid. Beck is a snake, always has been and always will be. They cut RP off because he wasn't kowtowing to Israel.

Haha rightttt Glenn Beck is such an asshole. "Yeah, we had to cut him off because of the network break" BULLSHIT. He just said we shouldn't give money to Israel and make them dependent on us.

Haha! That douchenozzle tried to bait RP with the Israel Q and RP knocked it out of the park.

Actually BG asked the same Israel question to Perry just moments before, and Perry got equal time as Ron, 8 minutes.

Theocrat
06-27-2011, 06:23 PM
It was a fair interview, but Ron does need to learn how to shorten his answers. He was rambling on about some things, but he should have kept it clear and concise. You could tell Glenn Beck was a little frustrated that Ron was going on and on in his answers.

pcosmar
06-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Actually BG asked the same Israel question to Perry just moments before, and Perry got equal time as Ron, 8 minutes.

Why even ask the question at all?
How is it relevant to US interests. (other than a waste of money)

yes, I know why. The question was Rhetorical

Israel First

Jeremy
06-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Some of are you are pathetic. Criticizing Beck for having Ron on his show?

devil21
06-27-2011, 06:31 PM

Who did that? No, I criticized Beck for literally cutting off the interview in mid sentence. Can you point me to ANY other time he has done that to any other guest? Im serious, since I refuse to give Beck ratings. Please tell me.

pcosmar
06-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Not for having Ron on.
For being a shameless Propagandist.

Vessol
06-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Great interview, Ron answered the questions great.

madfoot
06-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Beck confuses me. I once saw a video of him on his radio show with S.E. Cupp, who I guess doesn't really know who Ron Paul is, and he was trying to tell her he's basically the closest to the founders of everyone in Washington. So on some level, I guess he gets that.

I don't watch his show. But I run into videos of him, and sometimes, he's really smart, if wrong. But when he says something stupid, it's SOOOO unbelievably stupid.

LibertyEagle
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
It was a fair interview, but Ron does need to learn how to shorten his answers. He was rambling on about some things, but he should have kept it clear and concise. You could tell Glenn Beck was a little frustrated that Ron was going on and on in his answers.

Yeah, he does.

AuH20
06-27-2011, 07:21 PM

It's a tough crowd. Alex Jones. Beck. As long as Ron Paul's ideas gain exposure around the nation, I could care less. We should be grateful instead of being babies. It could always be the shoddy treatment we just saw from the Fox News Alll-Stars today and other media outlets.

Vessol
06-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, he does.

Doesn't Glen have ADHD or something?

Or maybe he snorted something powerful, because the opening of that video scared the poop out of me. I had the sound on my headphones way too high.

iamse7en
06-27-2011, 07:40 PM
It's all the aspartame that Glenn is drinking.

The Dark Knight
06-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I dont see what all the fuss is about, Beck said mostly good things about Ron and let him speak. good interview.

ctiger2
06-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Beck is such a POS. You could see him the entire time wanting to roll his eyes at RP. You can just tell Beck LOATHES RP.

Matthew Zak
06-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Beck's body language while Dr. Paul was talking was pretty weird though. He obviously was frustrated because he wanted to do more of the talking. lol

Yeah, Beck spent the entire interview frustrated. You could tell he was not listening to anything Ron Paul said (he never responded, expanded, or segued on Ron's points), rather he was asking him questions where the answers would sound Glen Beckish. That guy sure has an ego.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Meh. I just never was a fan of Beck, but a solid interview. thanks OP.

RonPaulGetsIt
06-27-2011, 08:31 PM
good interview

SamuraisWisdom
06-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I've been following Ron since the '08 elections and even I was lost on this interview. Some of his answers were so drawn out and rambled that they couldn't be followed coherently. That's what Beck was rolling his eyes at. Ron, please, sharpen your answers and make them more concise. Not only does this make you more coherent to your audience but it gives you time to cover more subjects (maybe you wouldn't have been cut off due to time constraints if you had answered with more precision).

freshjiva
06-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think Ron Paul wowed anyone in GB's TV audience. It was a mediocre interview at best.

Feeding the Abscess
06-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think Ron Paul wowed anyone in GB's TV audience. It was a mediocre interview at best.

Didn't help that Beck prefaced the interview by saying "now, I don't agree with him on everything..."

SamuraisWisdom
06-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Didn't help that Beck prefaced the interview by saying "now, I don't agree with him on everything..."

Doesn't matter. He gave Ron softballs for questions and Ron couldn't deliver.

Feeding the Abscess
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I've been following Ron since the '08 elections and even I was lost on this interview. Some of his answers were so drawn out and rambled that they couldn't be followed coherently. That's what Beck was rolling his eyes at. Ron, please, sharpen your answers and make them more concise. Not only does this make you more coherent to your audience but it gives you time to cover more subjects (maybe you wouldn't have been cut off due to time constraints if you had answered with more precision).

If Beck asked a single coherent question outside of his Israel worship, Ron may have been able to answer concisely.

If by softballs you mean convoluted, incoherent rambling disguised as questions, sure.

Vessol
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Were you listening to the same interview I was? Ron did a great job IMO.

Feeding the Abscess
06-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Were you listening to the same interview I was? Ron did a great job IMO.

I agree, he was pretty solid in the amount of time he had.

Don Lapre
06-27-2011, 09:21 PM

Spot on.

In an 8:00 interview, you just can't ramble on the way Ron Paul did there.

Beck probably shouldn't have even tried to squeeze the last Israel question in there, because it was pretty obvious that Ron wasn't going to answer it within the remaining time.

Ron Paul and his supporters shouldn't be ass-sore over the cut off because Paul simply didn't do his part in the interview to allow Beck to cover the amount of ground that he legitimately wanted to cover.

As usual, Ron's answers were solid... but just about twice as long as they needed to be.

Cliff Notes, Dr. Paul.

SamuraisWisdom
06-27-2011, 09:24 PM
If Beck asked a single coherent question outside of his Israel worship, Ron may have been able to answer concisely.

If by softballs you mean convoluted, incoherent rambling disguised as questions, sure.

Question #1 (paraphrased): To fix the economy, we have to cut spending, lower taxes, and deregulate. Do you agree with that?

Question #2 (paraphrased): Do you think anybody in Congress will realistically work to lower the debt?

Question #3: Is there any need for regulation in capitalism?

Question #4: Where do you stand on Israel, sir?

All of those questions are right up Ron Paul's alley, and he quite frankly made a mess of it.

Feeding the Abscess
06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Question #1 (paraphrased): To fix the economy, we have to cut spending, lower taxes, and deregulate. Do you agree with that?

Question #2 (paraphrased): Do you think anybody in Congress will realistically work to lower the debt?

Question #3: Is there any need for regulation in capitalism?

Question #4: Where do you stand on Israel, sir?

All of those questions are right up Ron Paul's alley, and he quite frankly made a mess of it.

Wow, question 3 wasn't even close to that concise. Beck seriously spoke for almost a minute during that question, and framed it around leftists taking over capitalism and how to stop them from doing it. By using regulation.

Additionally, I don't think you guys understand Austrian economics that well, or you'd know that you simply can't slam it into a fifteen second soundbyte.

Romulus
06-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Or that he said, I used to think he was Nuts...

fck Beck.

Cutlerzzz
06-27-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't normally stand up for Beck, but Ron was not "cut off". Beck announced that they only have 30 seconds left beforehand. Beck should not have asked the question with 30 seconds left, but Paul did well for the alloted time. Beck probably had those four questions ready beforehand, but ran out of time because Ron actually answers questions in detail, as opposed to most candidates who just give basic talking points. It was a good interview and I think Paul gained from it.

Jeremy
06-27-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't normally stand up for Beck, but Ron was not "cut off". Beck announced that they only have 30 seconds left beforehand. Beck should not have asked the question with 30 seconds left, but Paul did well for the alloted time. Beck probably had those four questions ready beforehand, but ran out of time because Ron actually answers questions in detail, as opposed to most candidates who just give basic talking points. It was a good interview and I think Paul gained from it.

I agree with you. So many people are paranoid and criticize others for no reason. It makes them look silly. Beck had to go the ads people, it's that simple.

rp08orbust
06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
What's the latest on who will replace Glenn Beck on Friday? Hopefully we'll be seeing lots of Ron Paul on Fox News interviewed by Andrew Napolitano in the next several weeks.

ord33
06-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I'll say one other thing that I notice about Glenn Beck. At least he acknowledges Dr. Paul as a REPUBLICAN congressman from Texas. So many media pundits use the term Libertarian (in my opinion to marginalize him to the masses) or something worse. I'm not sure if he has done this in every interview (or mention of him) but I believe he has in most. I think he actually does have SOME respect for Dr. Paul and his ideas. But Beck simply sees some things in a different way and hasn't come all the way around to understanding/supporting Paul's views.

bunklocoempire
06-27-2011, 11:18 PM
What a sack of crap ol' Glenn the American't continues to be.

Like some idiot not practicing muzzle control -dangerous.:mad:

Seriously, check out 5:15. Why would anyone even phrase a question like that? Sure he tried to correct, but really, even mentioning capitalism as possibly being "...God awful ugly"?:confused:

Too late pal, you already swept me with your muzzle -put the rifle down and go wait in the car.

You just don't do that.:mad:

And when it comes to Israel, why is it that Glenn the 'Fed Wizard' just can't seem to figure out Israel's possible role in the U.S. dollar hegemoney and M.I.C. scheme (the WHOLE middle east for that matter)? Good grief, what could possibly better compliment each other? What HAS to compliment each?

But hey, still nice to see Ron on the box!:D

Bunkloco

Maximus
06-27-2011, 11:22 PM
I think people need to chill. That was a great interview.

All people will hear is that Ron Paul wants to be friends with Israel.

His next line should have been, "We shouldn't be telling Israel to go back to the '67 border"

libertyisntdead
06-28-2011, 07:12 AM
http://youtu.be/bjFKvgrbYgA
http://youtu.be/HHybC0feMLM

Liberty isn't dead.

Rothbardian Girl
06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Well, I thought Ron did all right, but he did ramble on a few questions (If I were him, I would have summed up the Israel question and a few others a little more coherently). I think intellectually honest people watching would have appreciated his in-depth answers; however, for the people looking for a few soundbites, I don't think Ron scored many points there. I think Beck took up a lot of time with HIS rambling as well. I wanted to punch Beck when he got to the capitalism question. At first I was disappointed by Ron's answer, but I think he made a nice point with the crony-capitalism angle.

But yeah, as others have mentioned in this thread, I still don't understand what it is going to take for Beck to make the natural leap and conclude the role that foreign aid to these nations plays in our current situation. I would ask the same question of Andrew Wilkow and Mark Levin, among others who count themselves defenders of the Constitution, yet cannot see why our current foreign policy is so fundamentally wrong.

One last point - Beck tells his audience to "wake up", but he needs to GROW UP. The eye-rolling and body language was downright immature. I understand it's all part of his shtick, but it's certainly not funny and it just makes him look like a clown. There, my rant is over. :)

jaumen
06-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Sorry, but you guys are simply wrong about Beck being unfair by cutting him off. The network DOES need to go to break at specific times, and Beck told him before the question they had about 30 seconds left. He was cut off for no other reason than they were out of time and had to go to break. To think otherwise is simply paranoid, and wrong. I'm not saying that Dr. Paul has never been treated unfairly, but this is not one of those cases.

pcosmar
06-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Great interview?
Where does anyone get that. It was a question on Ron's most well know , documented and often repeated position.
The Economy, There was nothing new. It simply allowed Ron to speak on his most well known and generally accepted position.

Ron could have changed the subject of connected it to other issues but time was limited. The Perry interview was a total waste of time that could have been given to Ron. But that was it's purpose.

The last question,, with only 30 seconds.
Ron could have just said that 30 seconds is not enough time to address a failed foreign policy.