PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Idea: Lunch with Ron or Rand Paul

lx43
06-26-2011, 10:35 PM
What do you think of RP raising money for his Presidential bid by allowing people to pay to have lunch with him or Rand Paul? Let say you can get 10 people to donate $2,500.00 to RP campaign; the next time Ron Paul is in your state he will have lunch with your group of 10 for an 1 to 2 hours. If you donate to Ron’s Presidential bid and his/Rand’s PAC you will get both of them to have lunch with you.

I think that would be a great experience for many people to have personal time with the man we all respect dearly and a way to raise money.

libertybrewcity
06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
That is a great idea!

AlexAmore
06-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I agree. I got to have breakfast right there with Rand Paul in Downtown Portsmouth NH. What an awesome experience and totally worth it.

06-29-2011, 07:36 PM
This is a phenomenal concept that gets a lot of play with most campaigns who have worthwhile personalities involved but for some reason Ron Paul has never much utilized it.

The campaign needs to host a bunch of these kind of high-dollar fundraisers throughout Iowa, New Hampshire, and big money states like New York, Texas, and California; after all, these are good events to excite well-heeled RP activists anyway.

10 people is a little small, though. Really, one of these should shoot for 100-200 people with varying contribution levels tied to dinner, reception, etc.

Make it an all night deal raise in the hundreds of thousands. If the campaign did even 10 or 15 of these in a quarter, it could result in a net non-internet-contribution gain of several million dollars.

jeanne38654
09-20-2011, 05:39 AM
I must be the only dissenter, but I think it's a horrible idea. Rick Perry and Mitt Romney are both coming to my city in the next few weeks and are doing just this - lunch for a high dollar fee.

While I "get" the fundraising impact, Ron Paul has been very successful with other types of fundraising that, personally, seem more attractive. Sure he gets quite a few folks who donate high $$ amounts, and LOTS of folks who donate lower $ amounts - but he's accessbile either way, and not doing dog and pony shows for only one type of economic class.

Just my thoughts - your mileage may differ.

IndianaPolitico
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I think it is a good idea, we need to expand our fundraising. There will come a point that many in the grassroots will become tapped out.

ZanZibar
09-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I think I have heard that this is being kicked around and seriously considered.

Sola_Fide
09-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Liberty Luncheon