PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones to return to Texas state capitol tomorrow at 4pm CST to protest

ericsnow
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FAI1NIktLQ

tpreitzel
06-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Good. Someone has to keep their feet to the fire.

NewRightLibertarian
06-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Give em hell, Alex!

Chester Copperpot
06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
How great is it that Alex Jones broadcasts from Texas's capital..

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-26-2011, 09:58 PM
I wish I had the money to attend :P

Paul Revered
06-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Who gave this important topic negative feedback?

Bump!

Pro-Life Libertarian
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Sometimes Alex Jones has good points, other times I wonder how someone could be so crazy.

Danke
06-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Who gave this important topic negative feedback?

Bump!

Coincidence Theorists?

Anti Federalist
06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Coincidence Theorists?

LoLZ!

Anti Federalist
06-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Sometimes Alex Jones has good points, other times I wonder how someone could be so crazy.

Serious question here, my outlook and demeanor is very, very similar.

Am I nuts?

Describe the crazy please, and be specific.

Paul Revered
06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Coincidence Theorists?They did it again!

Pro-Life Libertarian
06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Serious question here, my outlook and demeanor is very, very similar.

Am I nuts?

Describe the crazy please, and be specific.

The crazy is the constant conspiracy theories. 911, NWO, WW3 all based on things he makes up to scare his viewers. Ever watch his FEMA death camp thing with Jesse Ventura? Easily debunked. I watched his journey into the Bohemian club and their rituals and nothing concerned me at all, he is a shock jock.

I try to not listen to those people.

WarNoMore
06-27-2011, 05:37 PM
The crazy is the constant conspiracy theories. 911, NWO, WW3 all based on things he makes up to scare his viewers. Ever watch his FEMA death camp thing with Jesse Ventura? Easily debunked. I watched his journey into the Bohemian club and their rituals and nothing concerned me at all, he is a shock jock.

FYI, saying it's easily debunked doesn't mean you actually debunked it. On nearly anything Jones talks about, I find it seriously doubtful that you or anyone else could easily debunk his claims. Now, you may be lazy and not want to do the research like Jones has done and is reporting on, and might mistake that for being able to easily see through the things he "makes up", but that just shows your ignorance of our reality. Jones isn't going to be 100% right all of the time, but most of what he talks about is our reality, whether you like it or not, and whether you recognize it or not.

They've tried to label Paul a "conspiracy theorist" as well. He's mentioned the NWO and a one world government as well. He and Jones are talking about the same group of people. It's an ideological battle, The enemies of liberty are the statist(or rather globalists) who work in secrecy that are pushing an agenda of globalism and the end of national sovereignty.

Think about some of the things you believe, and how easily they can be misconstrued to be "conspiracy theories". Do you think Ron Paul is getting unfair coverage in the mainstream media? People could say you're just being paranoid or are too biased towards Paul and see neutral coverage as being negative. But we know that those who are saying these things aren't paying attention as closely as we are, They don't see that the left and the right are both taking shots at Paul. From O'Reilly to Maddow, MSNBC to Fox to CNN , they all have smeared Paul in one way or another. They've misrepresented facts, hidden the truth, and outright lied about Paul on many occasions which are documented on these very forums and in videos on youtube.

In fact if you go on youtube you'll constantly see the same names bashing Paul day in and day out, and oddly enough you'll sometimes see the same 16 or 17 dislikes pop up on some positive Ron Paul videos almost immediately.It's as if people are waiting for videos related to Paul to be uploaded so they can spin their disinfo about him. You'll notice him being called "wrong paul" and that he and his supporters are characterized as crazy. I wish I had bookmarked the video of one of these detractors, because it turns out he was just a little kid. I couldn't stop laughing, he couldn't of been more than 13. I thought, this is who we're up against? Well, why not. It's not like the attacks on Ron Paul ever have any substance to them. It might as well be 13 year olds doing the trolling.

Noob
06-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Alex Jones Rage Against The TSA: Protesters Storm Texas Capitol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QobNZ9Tl_u4&feature=player_embedded

Echoes
06-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Alex on fire today, good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPK_avDiq8&feature=feedu_

Anti Federalist
06-27-2011, 07:44 PM
It passed.

Watered down, grrrrr.

But passed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300757-Texas-House-passes-quot-anti-groping-quot-airport-security-bill

Vessol
06-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Am I nuts?

Certifiably so, comrade.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Certifiably so, comrade.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, citizen.

DoublePlusUnGood.

I'm off to seek some state sponsored therapy to cure my crazy.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-27-2011, 07:48 PM

If it wasn't for Alex, I wouldn't have known a plane flew into WTC7.

madfoot
06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
FYI, saying it's easily debunked doesn't mean you actually debunked it. On nearly anything Jones talks about, I find it seriously doubtful that you or anyone else could easily debunk his claims.

Kind of like how you can't prove an invisible man in the sky doesn't exist. :)

06-27-2011, 09:02 PM

I agree. I think Alex Jones is an entertaining figure who occasionally does raise some very interesting points. But ultimately he ventures way too far into the realm of "shock" and conspiracy to actually do much good for the liberty movement, or the broader "anti-government" segment of the country (larger than ever, of course).

I tend to view this a little differently. I think Alex Jones has an incredible talent as a personality, a great voice, and he is obviously very intelligent. If he were to channel his abilities into actual political discourse and influencing the average person to know more about their government (because the real thing is scary enough, not to bring in all the specious conspiracies), he would be massively more influential than he actually is.

He would be an asset and not so much of a liability to Ron Paul. He would be someone that everyone, not just some, could learn from and listen to.

Further, he would be able to build a much larger media empire to spread the ideas of liberty, because his talent on the radio is on par with the "big names" of conservative talk and perhaps better. Of course, you could also argue that Alex Jones is who he is because of the theories, but I think he would matter a lot more if he focused more on real issues.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Is it at all possible that he may just simply believe what he is saying and has been lucky enough to find a media outlet to pay him to speak about it?

After all, there are a few people out there in media and politics who are sincere and mean what they say. ;)

I agree. I think Alex Jones is an entertaining figure who occasionally does raise some very interesting points. But ultimately he ventures way too far into the realm of "shock" and conspiracy to actually do much good for the liberty movement, or the broader "anti-government" segment of the country (larger than ever, of course).

I tend to view this a little differently. I think Alex Jones has an incredible talent as a personality, a great voice, and he is obviously very intelligent. If he were to channel his abilities into actual political discourse and influencing the average person to know more about their government (because the real thing is scary enough, not to bring in all the specious conspiracies), he would be massively more influential than he actually is.

He would be an asset and not so much of a liability to Ron Paul. He would be someone that everyone, not just some, could learn from and listen to.

Further, he would be able to build a much larger media empire to spread the ideas of liberty, because his talent on the radio is on par with the "big names" of conservative talk and perhaps better. Of course, you could also argue that Alex Jones is who he is because of the theories, but I think he would matter a lot more if he focused more on real issues.

06-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Is it at all possible that he may just simply believe what he is saying and has been lucky enough to find a media outlet to pay him to speak about it?

After all, there are a few people out there in media and politics who are sincere and mean what they say. ;)

I think he does believe it, absolutely. But he could do a better job of spreading a general message of liberty, which I think he also believes in. Maybe he could recognize that it would be a better use of his abilities that would do more for the country.

Actually, you bring up something I do like about Alex Jones. He doesn't get paid by anyone per se, he actually created his own business and does his own stuff. He is a hard worker.

Danke
06-27-2011, 09:43 PM

He is very talented and has had offers in the past to "sell out" and do MSM. He could be very wealthy, probably as big as or bigger than Rush.

Many of his sponsors left him ~ 14 years ago because of his controversial reporting and Ted Anderson took a chance and put him his Genesis Communications Network.

Echoes
06-27-2011, 10:14 PM

I disagree. True, he does sensationalize and overspeculate at times, but NOBODY in the media has raised awareness and turned more ppl against the Govt then Alex. His audience is very large and gaining, he's revolutionized online media.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
I disagree. True, he does sensationalize and overspeculate at times, but NOBODY in the media has raised awareness and turned more ppl against the Govt then Alex. His audience is very large and gaining, he's revolutionized online media.

As keynote speaker, Talkers Magazine convention 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCuMS7Ct-4U

Part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_qk0oih6DM&feature=related

Part three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97p0ZTayIA&feature=related

Pistis
06-28-2011, 03:19 AM

+1