PDA

View Full Version : Shock in other GOP circles at Ron's fundraising this quarter: 'They Keep Giving Him Money!

sailingaway
06-26-2011, 12:32 AM
In part:

We don't dislike G.O.P. presidential aspirant Ron Paul, but we don't believe he is in the remotest sense electable. On the other hand, we think he brings some valuable contributions to the debates which should at least keep libertarians and tea partiers involved, and hopefully won't make them go away after Paul's demise as a candidate. He's also holding other aspirants, i.e., Mitt Romney, responsible for their records. With that said, this guy just continues to $3 million and headed toward $5 million by the end of June.

http://objectiveconservative.blogspot.com/2011/06/they-keep-giving-him-money.html

libertybrewcity
06-26-2011, 12:37 AM
nice! never heard of that blog before...but he sure is right

Esoteric
06-26-2011, 12:43 AM
In part:

http://objectiveconservative.blogspot.com/2011/06/they-keep-giving-him-money.html

Sailing - How do you manage to find the most obscure Ron Paul tidbits? You've been on fire lately!

KCIndy
06-26-2011, 12:43 AM
nice! never heard of that blog before...but he sure is right

He's right about the money, but wrong about Ron Paul being an unelectable candidate.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Question: "Dr. Paul, a question about electability, . . . do you have any, sir?"

Ron Paul: "Electibility? What does that even mean? Is my face not handsome enough? Is my hair not perfectly groomed? Am I not a smooth talker; a liar that manipulates the people with half truths and emotional arguments? Is being married to the same woman not sexy enough? Am I not electable like the rest of my colleagues because I don't take money from big corporations or lobbyists? Am I unelectable because you say so? Martin Luther King, Jr. gave a speech 48 years ago where he expressed his desire to have human beings judged not by the color of their skin, or their appearance, but by the content of their character. I'm an OBG/YN who's delivered 4000 babies. I've been happily married to my wife Carol for 50 years. I've never voted for an unbalanced budget, tax increase, or any legislation that was unconstitutional. . . and yet, the main stream media and GOP establishment call me unelectable? What does that say about them?

-----

Dear Dr. Paul,

Please use this response in a future GOP debate. It will kick so much ass.

Thank you,
Nate

RonPaulVolunteer
06-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Sailing - How do you manage to find the most obscure Ron Paul tidbits? You've been on fire lately!

Same way I find videos no one else does I suspect, google alerts.

Anti Federalist
06-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Yes it would.

Question: "Dr. Paul, a question about electability, . . . do you have any, sir?"

Ron Paul: "Electibility? What does that even mean? Is my face not handsome enough? Is my hair not perfectly groomed? Am I not a smooth talker; a liar that manipulates the people with half truths and emotional arguments? Is being married to the same woman not sexy enough? Am I not electable like the rest of my colleagues because I don't take money from big corporations or lobbyists? Am I unelectable because you say so? Martin Luther King, Jr. gave a speech 48 years ago where he expressed his desire to have human beings judged not by the color of their skin, or their appearance, but by the content of their character. I'm an OBG/YN who's delivered 4000 babies. I've been happily married to my wife Carol for 50 years. I've never voted for an unbalanced budget, tax increase, or any legislation that was unconstitutional. . . and yet, the main stream media and GOP establishment call me unelectable? What does that say about them?

-----

Dear Dr. Paul,

Thank you,
Nate

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2011, 12:55 AM
SO... how's the money being spent?

KCIndy
06-26-2011, 12:59 AM

Wisely, I hope! ;)

reduen
06-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Perfect example of what I experienced with the GOP establishment. They do anything that they can to get your support/activism but they also do everything that they can to keep you from having a real voice within the party...

sailingaway
06-26-2011, 08:42 AM

Well, he got the best spot for the Ames straw poll, he hired Doug Wead, he has three times as much staff already in Iowa months before last time, he has a staff in New Hampshire, he's traveled to both states many times more than last time, he's been speaking at values voter type venues, ....

If you have ideas what he should do, put them out there. We asked for the Iowa projects which is why that list exists, they are being as responsive as they can be. Now we need to get those projects funded.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-26-2011, 08:49 AM

-----

Dear Dr. Paul,

Thank you,
Nate

++++++1

So have you sent that to the campaign already? If so then GREAT, if not then DO IT ASAP.

militant
06-26-2011, 08:50 AM

I don't post them here but I see *every* mention of Paul outside of social networking sites. I have a series of Google News alerts to collect them all and forward to my email. I receive about 6 or 7 emails a day with a total of 200-400 RP mentions per day. It's handy! Very easy way to get a baseline feel for the tone of coverage of the campaign.

TomtheTinker
06-26-2011, 08:52 AM

Hear,Hear!

acptulsa
06-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Translation: Well, the MSM that the 'haves' control is still powerful enough to keep him down. But we're shocked that he's getting as much money as the Officially Approved Candidates. We didn't think we left the people enough disposable income to accomplish this.

We've finally been pushed to revolution. To hell with the food budget. I regret that I have but one beer gut to sacrifice for my country.

CaseyJones
06-26-2011, 09:33 AM

-----

Dear Dr. Paul,

Thank you,
Nate

hey put that in the Suggestion Box http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?317-Campaign-Suggestion-Box

sailingaway
06-26-2011, 10:15 AM
we've finally been pushed to revolution. To hell with the food budget. I regret that i have but one beer gut to sacrifice for my country.

lol!

newyearsrevolution08
06-26-2011, 10:20 AM
If it is mitt or bachmann I am voting for obama

he at least will collapse us here and nation build here, something we can prepare and be ready to handle

having mittens or bachmann I think would begin a huge reexpansion abroad to say the least all the while expanding bullshit here at home ESPECIALLY if mittens wins.

specsaregood
06-26-2011, 10:25 AM
In part:

This reminds me of that quote from a doug wead article:
http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/ron-paul-steals-the-show-at-faith-coalition/

Bill Spiegel, a former member of the Senior Bush President’s Economic Council and the Southern Baptist Liaison for George H. W. Bush says, “Much of the money that was going to evangelical lobbies in Washington is now going to Ron Paul. And the Christian leaders in Washington have been taken by surprise. It is because the people are seeing what the leaders are missing. They don’t want power they want to be left alone to worship in freedom and Ron Paul is the only candidate who is defending that right consistently.”

Nate-ForLiberty
06-26-2011, 11:26 AM
hey put that in the Suggestion Box http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?317-Campaign-Suggestion-Box

hmm, still not showing up. you guys awake? :p

PaulConventionWV
06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
++++++1

So have you sent that to the campaign already? If so then GREAT, if not then DO IT ASAP.

On the other hand, it would be a nonsensical rant that would turn off the majority of voters and make him look like an angry old man.