PDA

View Full Version : So I'll Start Here

LadyBastiat
06-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I was a strong Paul supporter back in 2007. Actually, due to people like Thomas Woods, Lew Rockwell, Ron Paul, et.al. I decided to change my major from mere "accounting" to "Economics". My screen name is LadyBastiat for a reason. It was Bastiat's, The Law, that flipped the switch for me.

Sadly, in October of 2007, my stepson was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma, a rare bone/soft tissue cancer. I gave up everything to take care of him. March 27, 2011, it took his life.

I've been hibernating since then. I was excited about Dr. Paul's announcement, in fact, it was probably some of the best news I'd heard in a very, VERY long time.

I'm ready. I'll contact the Campaign directly as well, but I wanted to touch base with people in Alabama. I want to do something, I want to be a much bigger part of this run. So much depends on it.

I'm in St. Clair County, Alabama, and as far as I can tell, not much Ron Paul things out here. I don't mind taking the reins... I just need someone to show me how!

So, there it is... PM me if you like, if you have some work to be done for the campaign. In the meantime.... long live the r3VOLution!

amy31416
06-25-2011, 10:39 PM
My condolences on your son, and welcome back. :)

Sola_Fide
06-25-2011, 10:47 PM
May your inbox be filled with thousands of emails from mother's basements across the country!

:)

libertybrewcity
06-25-2011, 11:14 PM
hello! connect with the meetup group(s) in your area!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Very sorry to hear of your Stepson but delighted to hear that the cause of liberty is what brought you back from the darkness that always follows the loss of a loved one. Thank you for wanting to be so selfless and I am sure you will do a tremendous amount of good.

KCIndy
06-26-2011, 12:29 AM
LadyBastiat, you've certainly traveled a rough and terrible emotional road. My sincerest condolences on your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how much that must hurt. Thanks for returning to the ranks of Ron Paul supporters! I'm nowhere near Alabama, but I'm sure lots of opportunities will turn up when you look. Keep us posted!

BamaAla
06-29-2011, 06:29 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

There isn't a whole lot going on here, but there are some good people around. Are you interested in attending your county party meeting or possibly seeking a spot on the boad/council?

If you'd pm me your facebook status or name I will add you to B'ham for Paul. People are trying to get some stuff together, but it's like herding cats right now.
Birmingham for Ron Paul: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_133093620102594