PDA

View Full Version : Petition to audit the fed!

Canderson
06-25-2011, 08:15 PM
As Im sure you all know, Newt Gingrich has taken to Ron Paul like rhetoric. At first I was upset he would try and siphon off support from RP, but the more I thought about it, the more I remembered what I've heard from Dr. P so many times. 'It's not about me, its about the ideas...'. We (I understand the futility of trying to address Ron Paul supporters collectively, but I cant resist) have been crying foul because no mainstream politicians address our concerns and reject the only candidate who has, but now that gingrich has started to try to speak to us, all I read and hear from Paulites is negative towards him. Lets accept the partial convert, not reject him for past transgressions. Im not saying vote for him, RP 2012 all the way, but support his new found hatred for the fed, the same way RP wasn't threatened by Gary Johnson as a 'vote stealer' but supported him as a reinforcement of some good ideas. Ive been a loyal Paulite since 07, I donated on November 5th and again for the tea party money bomb and im supporting Ron Paul again, but I also signed gingrich's new audit the fed petition at http://www.newt.org/who-got-the-money and hope you will too.

Paulistinian
06-25-2011, 08:19 PM
As Im sure you all know, Newt Gingrich has taken to Ron Paul like rhetoric. At first I was upset he would try and siphon off support from RP, but the more I thought about it, the more I remembered what I've heard from Dr. P so many times. 'It's not about me, its about the ideas...'. We (I understand the futility of trying to address Ron Paul supporters collectively, but I cant resist) have been crying foul because no mainstream politicians address our concerns and reject the only candidate who has, but now that gingrich has started to try to speak to us, all I read and hear from Paulites is negative towards him. Lets accept the partial convert, not reject him for past transgressions. Im not saying vote for him, RP 2012 all the way, but support his new found hatred for the fed, the same way RP wasn't threatened by Gary Johnson as a 'vote stealer' but supported him as a reinforcement of some good ideas. Ive been a loyal Paulite since 07, I donated on November 5th and again for the tea party money bomb and im supporting Ron Paul again, but I also signed gingrich's new audit the fed petition at http://www.newt.org/who-got-the-money and hope you will too.

I don't trust it... I think he just wants to get a listing of Ron's supporters.

Canderson
06-25-2011, 08:28 PM
to do what with?

Paulistinian
06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Newt is a very smart, very calculating man... No decision he makes is without cause. He began speaking out against the Fed after Ron said he didn't know where the candidates stood on the Federal Reserve and Non-intervention foreign policy. Clearly he wants to align himself with Ron Paul, and Newt has been around long enough to know when the tides turn. I think him talking about the Fed and sayings things like that the American people owe Ron a debt of gratitude is very good stuff and it does a lot to help Ron... however, I don't trust Newt. Not one bit. I do like him on our team however.

Canderson
06-25-2011, 08:42 PM
The Paul campaign needs to confront Romney and Bachmann on all issues. War, the Patriot act, the economy, but we need to accept Cain for advocating a gold standard, Gingrich for fighting the fed and Huntsman for wanting to bring the troops home. Its an excellent way to shift the debate and gain legitimacy among mainstream republican voters who respect Cain and the other dummies but were turned off by Paul's campaign in 07/08

aowen
06-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Clearly he wants to align himself with Ron Paul

Man... the movement has made some great strides. I feel all charged up after hearing this. Last time around I don't think a candidate would have poked Ron Paul with a twenty foot pole! Of course the fact that the whole U.S. economy is in the shitter has actually helped us. Hopefully it gets even worse and maybe we can turn this puppy around.

Brandon Todd Carr
06-25-2011, 09:58 PM
He doesn't stand a chance.