PDA

View Full Version : Locals Pressure Wisconsin Store Owner Over Decision to Disallow Concealed Carry

AGRP
06-25-2011, 06:06 PM
This is exactly the scenario that Rand and Ron continually explain what would happen if business owners were free to do what they wanted. Hopefully, theyre aware of this story:

A Wisconsin jewelry store owner is under fire from customers for opting out of the state’s recently-passed concealed carry law.

Bret Eulberg, owner of Robert Haack Diamonds in Greenfield, Wis., says he has been getting angry messages threatening a boycott of the store. The new law allows residents to carry concealed firearms in public, but business owners still have a say whether or not they want to observe the law in their stores.

"We're getting phone calls saying we're not going to come to your store supporting you because you're against gun rights,” Eulberg told Fox6Now.com. “We're not against gun rights. My contention is if a bad guy is in my store and you're a good Samaritan in my store and you see the bad guy whipping out the gun, we already have security procedures in place to protect ourselves."

Eulberg added that he didn’t want firearms in a store where customers can negotiate the prices of jewelry.

To reach customers on both sides of the law, Eulberg told Fox6Now.com he’s considering allowing open carry during half of his business hours.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/25/locals-pressure-wisconsin-store-owner-over-decision-to-disallow-concealed-carry/?test=latestnews

Vessol
06-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Oh no! People are solving problems WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF STATE COERCION!?

What ever will we do!?

sync
06-25-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't see an issue here. It's private property, so the owner gets to decide who gets to patronize his store. If people don't like it, then don't shop there.

But, I have to ask the obvious: if the firearm is concealed, how would they ever know or enforce the policy? It wouldn't be until after the use/brandishing the weapon that they would know about it, and at that point - as long as it was in self defense - I don't think they could press any charges...