PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Request: Ron Paul Waiter (Caricature)

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 04:49 PM
We are doing a few different things with Tax Free Tips. One thing involves a maxxed out donor who is paying for us to have 5000 coasters made, and we have a few bars that will use them... Our strategy is not to appear to be "electioneering" so we are subtly inserting RP's name into the coasters. We have his name on the back, now we want to get his image on the front. The image we purchased for the first flier is this

http://www.clipartguide.com/_thumbs/0511-1001-2605-4313.jpg

and it is now a placeholder on the drafts. We would love to use an original that will fit in the space...

Awake? Anyone?

:)

Thanks

Esoteric
06-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Mike.. Are you just looking for a waiter graphic, or are you looking for something that has to do with Ron?

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 04:59 PM
something like above with Ron Paul as the waiter

amyre
06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Does anyone have an ai or eps outline of Ron Paul's face and what type of file is the above waiter image?

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 06:04 PM
The above is just a watermarked .jpg - we bought the .eps but the copyright doesn't allow us to share...

We are really looking for a caricature image that is not immediately seen as "RP"

Kinda subliminal...

outspoken
06-25-2011, 06:11 PM
I used to cartoon in college... I'll see if I can whip something up for ya.

awake
06-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Send me the original?

amyre
06-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I can get the original waiter image off of shutterstock....if someone can come up with the caricature I may be able to combine the two in Illustrator.

Paulistinian
06-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I used to cartoon in college... I'll see if I can whip something up for ya.

Excited to see what you come up with.

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Send me the original?

I'll have to get it sent to me, but we cannot modify that image. The only reason I included here it was for a baseline and we are hoping for an original that conveys the same type of "happy feel"...

amyre
06-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Here's what I came up with....if someone could draw an actual caricature we could replace the head on this one for whatever one someone else comes up with by creating the outlines in Illustrator. If someone could create the caricature in Illustrator, that would be even better. I can't post attatchements, but here's the link. http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/dnaamy/Coaster/

[RPH insert]
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/dnaamy/Coaster/RPBar2.jpg
[just copy the "direct link" and then use the insert picture button - between the insert link and the insert video...]

ronpaulhawaii
06-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Nice! I'll submit it to the team tomorrow... Great work.

If they go for it, we'll have to lose the blue splash layer but otherwise you put RP into it well. Not too overt, just right.

Thanks (and sorry for being outta rep - most of mine goes to welcoming new members... I owe you one)

TIMB0B
06-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Someone should contact the creator of this youtube video. I think the caricature of Ron in this might be exactly what you're looking for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHybhAlpLw

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Someone should contact the creator of this youtube video. I think the caricature of Ron in this might be exactly what you're looking for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHybhAlpLw

Great video; looking for something a bit less detailed, though. More stylistic. The one amyre did is pretty much spot on in that sense. I hope we get to see a couple more and imagine there will be use for a few...

amyre
06-26-2011, 12:02 AM
TIMBOB-We created a screen capture of that one and will plug it into illustrator tomorrow and play with it. I like it better, for sure. It looks more like him, but not too much. Great idea!
RPH-Thanks...I hope it works, and I think if we can make it more like the caricature in the video it would be even better. Also, I'm afraid he'll blend into the background too much without the blue separation....is there something else we could put there?

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2011, 12:17 AM
TIMBOB-We created a screen capture of that one and will plug it into illustrator tomorrow and play with it. I like it better, for sure. It looks more like him, but not too much. Great idea!
RPH-Thanks...I hope it works, and I think if we can make it more like the caricature in the video it would be even better. Also, I'm afraid he'll blend into the background too much without the blue separation....is there something else we could put there?

I could ask JoeyPencils... I didn't even think of him before TIMBOB mentioned, but figured RPFs has plenty of talent, (which you have just reinforced :D) probably best not to just grab, though ;) If you want to have another go at it, try more of a profile. I don't have the master file and there is already elements this is fitting into. The splash is good for the example, but depending on the elements, may need to be changed, eliminated

This project is very subtle, so the... stylism? is better for our purpose than accuracy/detail...