PDA

View Full Version : Notice the deliberate blurring

WillInMiami
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
of the background on the MSNBC pre-debate show right now? Most camera angles show a very blurry background where you cannot read any of the signs (Ron Paul or otherwise). Think it's deliberate?

hornet
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
yeah, see it, if they would just start chanting RP! yeah i think its deliberate but they can't keep doing it and they aren't, that one guy up close to the window has the white rp sign with blue letters, he's close enough even when they blurr u make it out

Zarxrax
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Well I cant look at what you are talking about, but cameras have varying depth of fields. If they are focused on something in the foreground, then things in the background will be blurry...

WillInMiami
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Well I cant look at what you are talking about, but cameras have varying depth of fields. If they are focused on something in the foreground, then things in the background will be blurry...

I know. I also know that the cameras used by news networks are advanced enough to get more or less of the background depending on what you want to do.

It's not like I'm screaming foul here. I think it's perfectly OK if they want to do it. I was kind of laughing about it with my wife and wondered if anyone else noticed it.

scottabing
10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I would say that there is very little chance that they would change their setup to eliminate Ron Paul banners.

WillInMiami
10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I would say that there is very little chance that they would change their setup to eliminate Ron Paul banners.

Yea. I know what you mean. It's almost as absurd as the idea that Chris Mathews would say they're chanting "HARD-BALL" instead of "Ron Paul".

Oh, did I mention that Chris Mathews actually said that?

Wake up.

Adamsa
10-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Yea. I know what you mean. It's almost as absurd as the idea that Chris Mathews would say they're chanting "HARD-BALL" instead of "Ron Paul".

Oh, did I mention that Chris Mathews actually said that?

Wake up.

That was so obviously a joke, stop being paranoid.

Besides, in all fairness, Ron Paul has no place at a Democrat debate, not that I'm complaining.

WillInMiami
10-30-2007, 06:25 PM
That was so obviously a joke, stop being paranoid.

Besides, in all fairness, Ron Paul has no place at a Democrat debate, not that I'm complaining.

Of course it was a joke dumb-ass. Thank's for stating the obvious. I wasn't crying "censorship" or "OH MY GOD!". I was just mentioning it.

Adamsa
10-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Well be a little more obvious next time, I can't see how you're feeling.

WillInMiami
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Well be a little more obvious next time, I can't see how you're feeling.

LOL - good point.