PDA

View Full Version : Forget the Moneybomb, the Media Cares About Quarterly Results.

Thargok
06-25-2011, 10:22 AM
If any of you followed Rand's campaign closely you might have noticed that there were a few blips here and there about single day fundraisers, particularly large moneybombs. But when push came to shove though, the big comparisons were done by the quarterly FEC results because there could be no funny business, the campaigns had to turn in how much they had raised/spent.

So while the money bomb is important, the FEC report will be the one that makes headlines and it should be our #1 priority. Let's see if we can hit that $5 Million dollar goal in 5 days.

Bryan
06-25-2011, 10:26 AM
+1. Agreed. But as I have posted before (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297090-R3volution-Fundraising-for-2011-techniques-considerations-ideas), the two should complement each other-- right now is the focus on the end of quarter.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297090-R3volution-Fundraising-for-2011-techniques-considerations-ideas

Thargok
06-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Totally, every effort to complete this early fundraising needs to be completed. I feel like the campaign can win this time around and am excited now that Dr. Paul is considered a legitimate frontrunner.

ChanceForRonPaul
06-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Just donated another $100. Good point!

rich34
06-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I wish there was a way we could link up to all the hundreds if not thousands of liberty type forums so that we could spread this type of message out in unisom. I'm afraid this forum alone can't generate the kind of money we need to stay on top of things.

Thargok
06-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Well we have 5 days, so let your local liberty people know, donate what you can and e-mail/call everybody you know.

sailingaway
06-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I wish there was a way we could link up to all the hundreds if not thousands of liberty type forums so that we could spread this type of message out in unisom. I'm afraid this forum alone can't generate the kind of money we need to stay on top of things.

We need to somehow set up an email tree, but if you go to meetup.com and look for 'ron paul' you get a list of people and groups interested in him and only can do 12 a day. It takes about 15 minutes with deciding who is more likely to generate more people yet isn't already aware of the quarter end fundraiser from its web page.... and some Ron Paul meetups have separate pages but the same calendar as a C4l group, only one contact. I'm just going into a different town/area and shooting off 12 notices. Some attempts were made to organize this, but it didn't seem to be gearing up. I'm starting at the top of lists, so if you want to go 12 down just in case we won't duplicate each other. I'm also suggesting they come back here to coordinate with grass roots. I'm not doing Iowa for this because a fairly organized start had already been done there, and in Florida. More can be done in those states but I'd want to coordinate with whatever had been done.

You are free to say what you think works best, or here's mine:

"Hello to a fellow Ron Paul supporter!

While I am not from a meetup group in your area, I do participate in Ron Paul grass roots efforts on a national level and wanted to let you know of a few current, important efforts.

First, grassroots are engaged in a funding drive to encourage donations to Ron Paul's presidential campaign prior to the FEC reporting quarter end, which ends at the end of June. Media will really be tracking funding at the end of this quarter, and we want to show Ron Paul's strength as a candidate! Also, we really want to get the money early to him this time. $1 now is worth $5 later, in allowing organization early enough to actually impact early races and key events such as the Iowa straw poll. If you want to pick your own project to fund, you can donate directly to the campaign Iowa Projects: http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php When you click the donation icon it puts you into the official web page donation box, but tracks where the money is to be spent. These are key projects to get Ron a win or best possible placement at the Iowa straw poll, one of the cornerstones of early campaign strategy! However, if you prefer to donate directly to the main campaign web site, you can find that here: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/ Note that the ticker is up, and Ron is hoping to reach the $5 million mark by the end of June!

Second, I wanted to give you a couple of links you may or may not have, to join in the grass roots efforts. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php is an easy way to get involved with grass roots efforts. www.iowaforronpaul.com is an official campaign website specifically for Iowa, dedicated to the straw poll, Iowa efforts, and to the Iowa caucuses. If you want to volunteer for phone banks for Iowa, you can do that from anywhere, and there is a link to sign up to do so. (Similarly there is a volunteer sign up link at the official campaign web page.

We hope you will join us in our efforts, and will consider contributing to Ron Paul's campaign, if you are able to do so at this time.

In Liberty, "

--

edit

The amount of 'contacts' it lets you make changes. Maybe there is a week total as well as a daily total, because today it only let me contact three (or maybe it was four.)

Thargok
06-27-2011, 07:49 AM
We've broken 3.5 but we really need to get at least 4 million to look respectable. If we want to look like a frontrunner in this race, we need to have the money of a frontrunner, because you know the bankers aren't going to be lining up around the block to hand us their bailout money.

sailingaway
06-27-2011, 07:56 AM
I agree that we really should get to above $ million. That will mean this 'push' added on between money bombs brought in an additional million, which is a significant boost to the campaign, and will help the end of quarter numbers. I'd like to see it as high as it can get, though. And I think $5 million would mean it is double what it was last time second quarter, and it is a shorter quarter, besides.

Huntsman with his billionaire father and Rockefeller friends isn't going to be doing to shabby, either. And Bachmann will have gotten a boost from her debate and polls and announcement. Cain isn't doing too well, I'd say, from checking in on the long planned money bomb he is having now.

he has $19, 278 now (rounding up). It started at midnight last night. hermancainonline.nationbuilder.com/