PDA

View Full Version : Hey Official Ron Paul Campaign!! Leave the Ticker UP!

Nate-ForLiberty
06-25-2011, 06:57 AM
This end of the quarter push is a decent idea, but it is not organic. And because of that it may not be as successful as maybe it should have been. Also, you set the goal too high. We reached $3Million, great. Next is $4Million, not $5.

We are also doing our best to get you new supporters/donors. If you leave the ticker up permanently, you will inspire more organic fundraising. This will free up quite a bit of energy which the grassroots is currently spending scratching for money from people who already support Ron Paul.

Fears that showing our fundraising will tip our hand, or make it appear that we can't raise money like other candidates, while justified, are not worth keeping the ticker down. You've got to take a chance on us, the grassroots. You've got to trust that we can raise much more money than even you can imagine. But we need the ticker up to do so. Sounds silly, but around here, it's the consensus. You've got to take a chance on us.

The Ron Paul '08 campaign created the idea of the animated donation ticker, but what made it successful was not the idea itself; it was the relationship that formed between you and us. That relationship is what we need again. It's ok to run a very traditional campaign with one small exception. Give the Ron Paul 2012 campaign an advantage over every other Presidential campaign that we will see.

The donation ticker will become a staple, an ICON of this campaign, far beyond anything we saw four years ago. It represents the TRUST we have in Ron Paul. Ron Paul has spent his whole career telling it like it is, being absolutely straight with the American people. That is why we trust and support him for President. Now the campaign needs to tap into that trust. Putting the ticker up permanently is like the official campaign standing on a chair, falling backwards, and hoping it will fall gracefully into the arms of the grassroots. It's called trust. What you don't know or realize is that not only will we catch you, but while grasping you gently but firmly in our arms we will fly into the stratosphere and leave orbit. . . but only if you trust us.

You Lois Lane. We Superman.

Please take some time to strongly consider keeping the ticker live and always on display.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-25-2011, 07:06 AM
What they should do is leave it up, and after June 30th change it to a third quarter goal and always keep the ticker displayed.

A twelve million third quarter goal, to imitate what the campaign did in the fourth quarter of 2007.

sailingaway
06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Rand's campaign got complaints by the FEC, also you are giving other candidates information they aren't giving you. I enjoy the ticker, but personally I defer to the campaign on this.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Rand's campaign got complaints by the FEC, also you are giving other candidates information they aren't giving you. I enjoy the ticker, but personally I defer to the campaign on this.

I thought we had established that that wasn't true. (about Rand's campaign)

*Also, I used to think like that, too. The more I see though, the more I'm convinced we really do need it up.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-25-2011, 07:53 AM

This is brought up every thread about the ticker.

There was an FEC complaint filed, and the FEC ruled in favor of Rand Paul's campaign; that there was no infraction for having a ticker up. There is no law against having a ticker of how much your campaign has raised up on your website. See this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?298055-I-Received-a-Response-From-Debbie-Hopper-on-Money-Bomb&p=3336894&viewfull=1#post3336894

Paul's campaign thinks it wise to have it up for money bombs and now end-of-quarter pushes, so why not permanently? It should always be up. Leave the lack of transparency thing to Mitt Romney.

newyearsrevolution08
06-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I keep seeing ideas like this but in the same breath I wonder if them pulling stuff like this is part of a strategy. Why show ALL OF YOUR CARDS before the end of the match? You wan't to have some tricks, turns and changes for the oponents to adapt to. I do agree that 4 million versus 5 makes FAR MORE sense and allows a trackable and MUCH easier attainable goal.

Either way I see the official campaign at least handling the money this time FAR BETTER than the 07/08

trey4sports
06-25-2011, 08:45 AM
don't leave it up permanently. No reason to release fundraising totals until the end of the quarter.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-25-2011, 05:03 PM
//

BUSHLIED
06-26-2011, 02:29 AM
What they should do is leave it up, and after June 30th change it to a third quarter goal and always keep the ticker displayed.

A twelve million third quarter goal, to imitate what the campaign did in the fourth quarter of 2007.

They would be lucky to get another 5 million in q3 unless an Iowa straw poll finish of top three, rise in the national polls, and/or an awesome debate performance....I am not quite sure why the last two money bombs only produces 1 million each. But they should have been higher...

pacelli
06-26-2011, 07:00 AM
They would be lucky to get another 5 million in q3 unless an Iowa straw poll finish of top three, rise in the national polls, and/or an awesome debate performance....I am not quite sure why the last two money bombs only produces 1 million each. But they should have been higher...

They should have been, and I've been thinking a lot about this... I'll tell you some reasons why I think the fundraising totals have not been higher:

1) The campaign gave us a maximum of 2 weeks to prepare for each moneybomb. The successful money bombs of the past involved at least a month or two of advertising and online word-of-mouth. It takes a long time for someone to make a successful video, and even longer for the video to become viral-- if it does. The more time, the more potential videos, thus increasing the potential for one going viral.

2) Your average voter who isn't politically aware still hasn't decided which candidate they want to support, DESPITE Ron's national polling. That's the reason for the debates, that's the reason for campaigning-- to help the public decide. It is beyond numbers, it is about selling and marketing the candidate to get people's attention. Heck, there are still republicans who haven't gotten into the race. Right now, only the die hard political junkies are donating. Everybody else is still thinking that it is "too early". Recall that the successful money bombs 4 years ago started occurring in NOVEMBER.

3) We're in an economic depression that Ron predicted 4 years ago. People have less to give.

4) Mistrust carry over from the past. Not a pretty reason at all, but one that needs to be acknowledged. Prior to Ron's declaring, I recall specifically on these forums some folks saying that they absolutely would not donate a dime if some people from the 08 campaign were still associated with Ron's '12 campaign.

5) Advertising issues. Once the campaign's website gets an overhaul, it would greatly help if Ron or his surrogates would plug the website during interviews. And for goodness sake, during the Sunday money bomb, Ron had an extended interview that day and didn't mention it at all. Yet an hour after his interview he was sending out emails encouraging us to continue donating.

This list is just what I've come up with, I don't think it is complete. And I don't mean to run down the campaign, I think these are all "Campaign Suggestions" to remain consistent with the theme of the thread and subforum.

I think the campaign is doing fairly well right now in terms of the finances. I like the fact that they are telling us exactly how much they need by a certain date. That is a major improvement over 4 years ago. I just wish they'd give us more than 2 weeks to come up with it :)

Their big challenge (and likewise OUR challenge as a grassroots) will be to attract new donors going forward.