PDA

View Full Version : so called ally threatening to conscript USA citizens

cindy25
06-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Today I was supposed to a get a Visa so I could stay with my family in Korea longer. We went to Wunjoo's city hall and stood in line at immigration. When my turn was up I was threatened with Conscription with the ROKA. I was like HUHHHH. I am an American Citizen born to an American father with an American Passport, but apparently since my Mother is still a Korean Citizen(Permanent Resident of the USA) they thought my mom gave birth to me in America so I could dodge the draft. Apparently a grip of Koreans went to the states 20-25 years ago to do this. They kept on saying I look korean LMAO. I dont believe they can draft me can they? If so I might as well enlist...

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=273651

Kylie
06-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Wait, what?

So you're in Korea, and they said they have the right to keep you there and make you a slave to their state?

GTFO asap sista girl~!

noxagol
06-25-2011, 07:38 AM
They might be arguing that you are also a Korean citizen, and therefore their slave. But yes, GTFO now.

oyarde
06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Send me the policy they have , I will try to figure it out .

Chester Copperpot
06-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow.. I wish you had video of that and could show that to everybody.. the stink that would make on capitol hill

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
You need to either get out of the country or make darn sure you know exactly where the U.S. Embassy is.

ChaosControl
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
That makes no sense...

oyarde
06-27-2011, 11:04 AM
That makes no sense...

Not to me ..

Dr.3D
06-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I would go directly to the U.S. embassy and ask them about the situation.

libertythor
06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
You need to get advice from the US Embassy as soon as possible! The sort of draft dodging that they mentioned does go on, but generally those people don't go back to South Korea except for short visits. Here in Mexico there is a growing community of Korean draft dodgers who work toward dual citizenship after getting an assignment to work at one of the Korean-owned border factories. They do not have plans on going back to Korea to live, and many marry Mexicans to ensure their legal status here.

Yeah... that is a bunch of BS. Why would a draft dodger go back to Korea to live and expect not to get drafted? Just go to the US Embassy and see what they can do.

cindy25
06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
this is just something I saw in another forum; I was shocked by it. but I have no first knowledge of it.

oyarde
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Today I was supposed to a get a Visa so I could stay with my family in Korea longer. We went to Wunjoo's city hall and stood in line at immigration. When my turn was up I was threatened with Conscription with the ROKA. I was like HUHHHH. I am an American Citizen born to an American father with an American Passport, but apparently since my Mother is still a Korean Citizen(Permanent Resident of the USA) they thought my mom gave birth to me in America so I could dodge the draft. Apparently a grip of Koreans went to the states 20-25 years ago to do this. They kept on saying I look korean LMAO. I dont believe they can draft me can they? If so I might as well enlist...

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=273651

Take it from me , you would not want to be an enlisted soldier in the ROK . Pretty tough duty .