PDA

View Full Version : RP mentioned on Lou Dobbs

werdd
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Lou dobbs asked 4 men on the screen who their pick for the presidency on both sides. The black gentleman on the program said that he like ron paul, and listed several reasons and went on until lou dobbs forced him to talk about the dem side where he said he liked obama, the rest of them wouldnt comment on any republicans, and then the hack they got on their program said if you want to fix SS its Romney. Lou dobbs refused to comment on Ron Paul...

It's really kind of strange because RP is fighting for the same platform dobbs regularly talks on.

Duckman
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Lou Dobbs is a wierd guy, IMO. I almost get the feeling he enjoys talking so much about how bad things in this country are getting that he doesn't really want to fix it...?

werdd
10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah if he didnt have anything to bitch about hed be out of business, maybe your on to something

PennCustom4RP
10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Lou dobbs asked 4 men on the screen who their pick for the presidency on both sides. The black gentleman on the program said that he like ron paul, and listed several reasons and went on until lou dobbs forced him to talk about the dem side where he said he liked obama, the rest of them wouldnt comment on any republicans, and then the hack they got on their program said if you want to fix SS its Romney. Lou dobbs refused to comment on Ron Paul...

It's really kind of strange because RP is fighting for the same platform dobbs regularly talks on.

I thought Lou to be fair, and do not think words like 'forced' and 'refused' are necessary.
He asked the panels opinion, and got it, no need to further debate this, and time was short, the segment was wrapping up.
Be glad there was a mention of Ron Paul, I was.

parke
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Strange. Ive been watching Lou for years.. and I thought if there was anyone that would back RP it would be him.

Mass emailing to get an answer as to why???

singapore_sling
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I like Lou Dobbs because he touches on a lot of issues that the MSM doesn't cover at all. I was going to make this thread but figured someone else would =)

kylejack
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Lou Dobbs wants protectionist trade policies.

Avalon
10-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Lou Dobbs wants bigger government to solve everything. He's a simple populist who bloviates about the symptoms (which we all identify as bad) while avoiding meaningful discussion of the source or cure.

paulitics
10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Lou Dobbs is a populaist, not a libertarian. Lou Dobbs is one of the last investigative journalists left.

Starks
10-30-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't necessarily agree with Dobbs, but he makes a lot of excellent points and has the knowledge to back them up.

Nevertheless, his show is pretty enjoyable.

max
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Dobbs has to answer to his Zionist bosses at CNN...

Anchormen and women are under a lot of pressure from corporate directives. Dobbs ahs a nice career going and he wants to kep it taht way.

PennCustom4RP
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Lou Dobbs wants bigger government to solve everything. He's a simple populist who bloviates about the symptoms (which we all identify as bad) while avoiding meaningful discussion of the source or cure.

You apparently do not watch Lou Dobbs. His main topics for the last 3 years have been about the insidiousness of big government, GWs and others abject refusal to do the will of the people who elected them, the impact of illegal aliens to the US and Middle Class specifically, and has often stated the solution to these issues. Send Them Packing is his answer.

American
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I like Lou Dobbs also, but he is on the clinton news network so he has to pander to the left.

kylejack
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
You apparently do not watch Lou Dobbs. His main topics for the last 3 years have been about the insidiousness of big government, GWs and others abject refusal to do the will of the people who elected them, the impact of illegal aliens to the US and Middle Class specifically, and has often stated the solution to these issues. Send Them Packing is his answer.
Don't forget trade protectionism and off-shoring...issues where he's very much opposed to Ron Paul's policies.

PennCustom4RP
10-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Don't forget trade protectionism and off-shoring...issues where he's very much opposed to Ron Paul's policies.

I do not think his position is in opposition to RPs, Lou wants the trade agreements to be fair ones. This is not protectionism, this is seeking equity in trade, which there is not now. He is against NAFTA, CAFTA, NAU and the others just as RP is.
Sending jobs off shore for cheaper labor or costs I too think is a bad idea. American jobs need to stay here in America.

kylejack
10-30-2007, 05:37 PM
I do not think his position is in opposition to RPs, Lou wants the trade agreements to be fair ones. This is not protectionism, this is seeking equity in trade, which there is not now. He is against NAFTA, CAFTA, NAU and the others just as RP is.
Sending jobs off shore for cheaper labor or costs I too think is a bad idea. American jobs need to stay here in America.

By "fair" he means imposing taxes and sanctions on their goods to balance the trade imbalance.

Ron Paul favors free trade. Free trade is the opposite of "fair" trade.

PennCustom4RP
10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
By "fair" he means imposing taxes and sanctions on their goods to balance the trade imbalance.

Ron Paul favors free trade. Free trade is the opposite of "fair" trade.

Fair means equal. If that means tariffs to offset the imbalance, as it it now because other countries place high tariffs on American goods, while we import goods with low tariffs from other countries (ie China), then so be it. Take away the tariffs, and its free trade, no need to offset the imbalance. What one wants, and what the situation is, are two different things, and I feel both Lou Dobbs, and Ron Paul would prefer free trade.

Richandler
10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry but Dobbs is an ignorant tool. He brings up a few good issues but is pretty much a racist, fascist, biggot. He hates the Chinese, he hates mexicans, he hates Republicans, he wants the government to trun everyones lives, he interrupts just like O'Reilly but has a less troll-like voice, and the lastly he is a global warming nut who knows nothing about it. Maybe I'm just biased for Freedom but Lou Dobbs is kinda like the Huckabee of the MSM. He seems nice and like a good man but he's flat out stupid.

kylejack
10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Fair means equal. If that means tariffs to offset the imbalance, as it it now because other countries place high tariffs on American goods, while we import goods with low tariffs from other countries (ie China), then so be it. Take away the tariffs, and its free trade, no need to offset the imbalance. What one wants, and what the situation is, are two different things, and I feel both Lou Dobbs, and Ron Paul would prefer free trade.

Ron Paul does not favor tariffs to balance trade. That's something you and Lou Dobbs favor. Ron Paul favors free trade, regardless of what other countries are doing.

surf
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
youtube it please. debate dobbs elsewhere.

American
10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry but Dobbs is an ignorant tool. He brings up a few good issues but is pretty much a racist, fascist, biggot. He hates the Chinese, he hates mexicans, he hates Republicans, he wants the government to trun everyones lives, he interrupts just like O'Reilly but has a less troll-like voice, and the lastly he is a global warming nut who knows nothing about it. Maybe I'm just biased for Freedom but Lou Dobbs is kinda like the Huckabee of the MSM. He seems nice and like a good man but he's flat out stupid.

This is the weak argument the liberal left uses, what part of ILLEGAL dont you understand?

I bet your going to reply with "undocumented" worker huh, give it a rest. This has nothing to do with race when it comes to immigration it has to do with legality. If its illegal its friggin illegal.

as far as disliking the Republicans, its more like Neo Cons, as well all hate I think. Out of all the pundits I like Lou Dobbs he has talked about the North American Union for the last two years, period.

Avalon
10-30-2007, 06:48 PM

I've seen a hundred episodes or so. He calls out the symptoms (lower SOL for poor and middle class, higher crime, ineptitude and inefficiency in government) which we all see, and places blame on government officials and departments just as we want him to do. We all say to the TV, "Darn right, you tell 'em Lou!" until the show is over.

What's missing:
I don't remember him calling for GW's impeachment, or even harshly critizing him in general (just over individual issues and usually with a "What is he thinking?!?").
I don't remember him recommending we contact our congressmen about anything (including the mexican trucker bill this summer...which he did mention the night before IIRC).
I don't remember him saying we should end birthright citizenship of illegal aliens.
I don't remember him saying we should refuse healthcare to illegal aliens (or even deport them afterwards).
I don't remember him actually explaining his position on foreign trade (he rails against free trade because our middle class jobs are leaving, but does not explain why, or what the difference between free and managed trade is, or what solution he favors).
I don't remember him mentioning the purchase of newspapers along the Trans Texas Corridor.
I don't remember him criticizing the use of talking points to remove substantive dialog from politics or particular politicians (and talking heads like himself) for using them.
I don't remember him criticizing the two party system or the hypocrisy inherent in both parties.
I don't remember him criticizing the political process or the people themselves for voting in all these awful people.
I don't remember him exposing any politician with anything substantive.
Although he critizes our trade deficit, I don't remember him doing any segments on our energy/resource dependencies.
He never discusses monetary policy or the effects of inflation on our SOL.
...I could go on forever.

As for big government, he:
Wants a bigger, more powerful IRS who can go after people/corporations who cheat on their taxes.
Wants a bigger, more powerful INS who can go after illegal aliens and their employers.
Wants a bigger, more powerful Homeland Security to check every container and person entering the country through the front door.
Wants a bigger, more powerful Border Patrol to stop everyone coming in through the back door.
Wants better intelligence gathering (I'm not sure exactly how much of our personal liberties he'd compromise...he never seems to explain).
Wants government to stop profiteering...never seem to offer a suggestion on how.
Wants subsidies to keep our industries strong.
Wants tarrifs and regulations to keep foreign industries weak.
Wants more federal spending on education to keep Americans competitive.
...I'll stop here too

PennCustom4RP
10-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I've seen a hundred episodes or so. He calls out the symptoms (lower SOL for poor and middle class, higher crime, ineptitude and inefficiency in government) which we all see, and places blame on government officials and departments just as we want him to do. We all say to the TV, "Darn right, you tell 'em Lou!" until the show is over.

What's missing:
I don't remember him calling for GW's impeachment, or even harshly critizing him in general (just over individual issues and usually with a "What is he thinking?!?").
I don't remember him recommending we contact our congressmen about anything (including the mexican trucker bill this summer...which he did mention the night before IIRC).
I don't remember him saying we should end birthright citizenship of illegal aliens.
I don't remember him saying we should refuse healthcare to illegal aliens (or even deport them afterwards).
I don't remember him actually explaining his position on foreign trade (he rails against free trade because our middle class jobs are leaving, but does not explain why, or what the difference between free and managed trade is, or what solution he favors).
I don't remember him mentioning the purchase of newspapers along the Trans Texas Corridor.
I don't remember him criticizing the use of talking points to remove substantive dialog from politics or particular politicians (and talking heads like himself) for using them.
I don't remember him criticizing the two party system or the hypocrisy inherent in both parties.
I don't remember him criticizing the political process or the people themselves for voting in all these awful people.
I don't remember him exposing any politician with anything substantive.
Although he critizes our trade deficit, I don't remember him doing any segments on our energy/resource dependencies.
He never discusses monetary policy or the effects of inflation on our SOL.
...I could go on forever.

As for big government, he:
Wants a bigger, more powerful IRS who can go after people/corporations who cheat on their taxes.
Wants a bigger, more powerful INS who can go after illegal aliens and their employers.
Wants a bigger, more powerful Homeland Security to check every container and person entering the country through the front door.
Wants a bigger, more powerful Border Patrol to stop everyone coming in through the back door.
Wants better intelligence gathering (I'm not sure exactly how much of our personal liberties he'd compromise...he never seems to explain).
Wants government to stop profiteering...never seem to offer a suggestion on how.
Wants subsidies to keep our industries strong.
Wants tarrifs and regulations to keep foreign industries weak.
Wants more federal spending on education to keep Americans competitive.
...I'll stop here too

Again...your memory is faulty, as all the things you mention his not mentioning...he has...repeatedly. What do you think register Independent means? What do you think is meant when he slams 'this administration', for whatever their(GW) bonehead move of the day was?

Insofar as a bigger government, he states that laws and agencies are already in place, to do these things, that Federal govt ignores these issues, enforces nothing and prohibits States and towns from picking up the slack the Fed Govt has created. Never has he stated there should be a new Govt. agency created to do these things.

But as mentioned above... Lou Dobbs can be debated elsewhere....and it was good to see Ron Paul mentioned.