PDA

View Full Version : VA Attorney General to Sue FCC over 'net neutrality'

falconplayer11
06-24-2011, 03:00 PM
What can I say? We have a boss AG here in Virginia.

Send him letters of support! He is someone who might consider endorsing Ron as well.

http://www.vaag.com/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jun/23/cuccinelli-goes-after-another-federal-regulation/

Wading into another fierce ideological battle, Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II has announced plans to sue regarding new federal regulation of the Internet and has urged other states to jump on board his fight against “net neutrality.”

Calling the regulations the “most egregious of all violations of federal law,” Mr. Cuccinelli told The Washington Times on Thursday that he will begin in July or August to gather support from other attorneys general and private partners for a lawsuit against the Federal Communications Commission.

“They have no respect for the courts, no respect for the states, no respect for the Constitution, no respect for federal law,” Mr. Cuccinelli, a Republican, said during an appearance on Capitol Hill at a lunch meeting of the National Italian-American Foundation.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I think this guy might have ambitions in the future for higher office.

falconplayer11
06-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes, definitely. If not governor in a few years, then maybe Us Senate.

Paul endorsed him in 2009 when he ran for AG. I wonder if Cuccinelli will "endorse" Paul...he's pretty libertarian, but is also a big social conservative.

eduardo89
06-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Paul endorsed him in 2009 when he ran for AG. I wonder if Cuccinelli will "endorse" Paul...he's pretty libertarian, but is also a big social conservative.
So is Ron

idirtify
06-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Now that’s my kind of AG; one who goes after government agencies!

reillym
06-27-2011, 10:01 PM
You guys *really* need to read up on what Net Neutrality actually means.

If you like the internet the way it is now, you should support Net Neutrality. That is what it protects. It STOPS the huge, monopoly ISPs from slowing down content they don't like. That is bad. There is a reason why every consumer advocate group supports it and the HUGE cable companies oppose it. Common sense should tell anyone to go in the opposite direction of the ISPs.

The only opponents of NN are big content and big ISPS. Small businesses and the individual get shafted so the ISPs can shove their monopolized content down our throats.

And this guy Cuccinelli is a pro-lifer fundy fraud: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/23/AR2010082305460.html

reillym
06-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh, and the cute term "regulation" of the internet is just silly, guys. The internet is already very, very regulated. As is everything in our lives. This "regulation" simply allows anybody, be it a corporation or a single person, to make a website and have it viewable to all.

Only the misinformed are against NN. There are no factual, reasonable reasons to oppose it.

HOLLYWOOD
06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Kenneth T. Cuccinelli A champion Libertarian. exceptional performance for a government employee. I'll never forget when he put some Libtard ignorant woman caller on Washington Journal in her place.

He has a bright future

Napoleon's Shadow
06-28-2011, 06:21 AM

If you like the internet the way it is now, you should support Net Neutrality. That is what it protects. It STOPS the huge, monopoly ISPs from slowing down content they don't like. That is bad. There is a reason why every consumer advocate group supports it and the HUGE cable companies oppose it. Common sense should tell anyone to go in the opposite direction of the ISPs.

The only opponents of NN are big content and big ISPS. Small businesses and the individual get shafted so the ISPs can shove their monopolized content down our throats.

And this guy Cuccinelli is a pro-lifer fundy fraud: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/23/AR2010082305460.html
There are more substantial threads debating the merits for / against Net Neutrality on here. Do a search for them, they are quite informative.

VBRonPaulFan
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
I was more than happy to vote for him in the last election :)

idirtify
06-28-2011, 09:49 AM

But doesn’t “net neutrality” REGULATION just take the power to control content away from business and hand it over to government? If so, isn’t this the kind of thing all members in this forum should be against? I mean this is fundamental; if you are afraid of what big bad businesses might do, you certainly should be MORE afraid of what big government WILL do. Unless I misunderstand the term, support for it is just another example of belief in the fallacy of angelic government.

idirtify
06-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Oh, and the cute term "regulation" of the internet is just silly, guys. The internet is already very, very regulated. As is everything in our lives. This "regulation" simply allows anybody, be it a corporation or a single person, to make a website and have it viewable to all.

Only the misinformed are against NN. There are no factual, reasonable reasons to oppose it.

Please inform us why it would be better to have big government regulate the internet and why the history of government regulation would not be a factual and reasonable reason to oppose it.

Besides, your first paragraph makes it appear your premise consists of a disastrous understanding of “regulation”.