PDA

View Full Version : After Pot Legalization bill, Ron Paul spreading like wildfire

martyr_rabbit
06-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I had a feeling that this would be a great plus, whether mainstream conservatives are into the idea or not. Look at how much attention this is generating! Reaching millions of people just in the past day...

DannyDeVito
"Barney Frank and Ron Paul guys who know their shizzel! Legalize mary-jane don't be a ja-moke let people toke"
Retweeted 100+ times

cheechandchong
"I am going to be on television (CNN) to talk about the legalize marijuana bill introduced to day by Ron Paul.... http://fb.me/QgTlh70A"

Acala
06-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Ron Paul is brilliant. Last time around, instead of hemming and hawing on non-intervention, he tweaked the other candidates' noses with it. They are now hemming and hawing about their hawkish stances. Now, instead of running from the "legalize drugs" issue, Ron tweaks their noses with THAT! Hahahahaha! Yes, he has a heart of gold, but he has cubes of solid tungsten carbide.

dannno
06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGsEt-qtOqs

newyearsrevolution08
06-24-2011, 01:41 PM
No offense to the old folks in the room but it is mainly them who are stuck in the 30's to 50's thinking drugs are bad mmmmkay. Right to choose what you toke and if you don't care for it then pass it to someone who does.

Whether you like the weed or not really isn't the important part, it is the ability as Americans to Choose that should be the important part. Get the government out of this shit a.s.a.p.

Ron Paul will have a ton of old and young pot smokers supporting them including myself. Prop 215 card carrying patient myself and HAPPY to be as well.

dannno
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Prop 215 card carrying patient myself and HAPPY to be as well.

6 years for me :)

newyearsrevolution08
06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
6 years for me :)

i'm sure there are plenty of us here.

its sad that we need a card for a plant to NOT go to jail, seriously.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Name recognition is NOT a problem this time around.

Elwar
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
It's about states rights...the legalization or not is left to the states, where it should be.

Kelly.
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
marijuana is not a drug.
unless you consider something that you cant overdose from, is not physically addictive, and is 100% natural a drug :)

legalize it.

Kelly.
06-24-2011, 02:17 PM
i'm sure there are plenty of us here.

its sad that we need a card for a plant to NOT go to jail, seriously.

in Colorado, i have heard it referred to a bribe card.
pay your $200 [per year] bribe to the state and they will let you do what should already be allowed.

robert68
06-24-2011, 02:36 PM
"Cheechandchong"... big surprise there.;)

Bruno
06-24-2011, 03:12 PM
It is no wonder he leads among independents.

A campaign to get democrats to crossover in the primaries and caucuses to vote republican for Paul due to his stances on war and MJ could be successful. It is evident Obama is vulnerable with his positions on these issues with his own party.

pcosmar
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM

A campaign to get democrats to crossover in the primaries and caucuses to vote republican for Paul due to his stances on war and MJ could be successful. It is evident Obama is vulnerable with his positions on these issues with his own party.

especially in Open Primary states.
Closed primary states need to ramp up their education plans.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-24-2011, 03:53 PM
especially in Open Primary states.
Closed primary states need to ramp up their education plans.

None Of The Above.

The people that will win this election for Ron are likely Republican primary voters (or caucus goers). That's who everyone needs to be focusing on. These eccentric ideas of trying to get people to crossover to the GOP to vote for Ron are not as effective as getting people who are already voting in the Republican Primary to vote for Ron.

trey4sports
06-24-2011, 04:10 PM
None Of The Above.

The people that will win this election for Ron are likely Republican primary voters (or caucus goers). That's who everyone needs to be focusing on. These eccentric ideas of trying to get people to crossover to the GOP to vote for Ron are not as effective as getting people who are already voting in the Republican Primary to vote for Ron.

yup

dannno
06-24-2011, 04:17 PM
None Of The Above.

I think it depends on what state and area you are in. There is no way that an outreach to likely republican voters in my area would prove better than an outreach to progressives to switch over, if done properly and early enough. In most places, however, I think you're right.

squarepusher
06-24-2011, 05:27 PM
made NMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5qaK8Wc_IO8

Bruno
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
None Of The Above.

1) The Obama team had a winning strategy of focusing on very UNLIKELY voters and the rest is a sad history. He won by a small margin in Iowa, every unlikely vote counted.
2) Many of us know Dems that are unhappy with Obama, and see Ron Paul as a very viable option, especially agreeing with him on social issues where Obama has failed them.
3) Many of RPF members are former Obama supporters we are fortunate to have in our ranks.
4) Obama is running unopposed until the general. There is nothing lost for liberals to switch over.
5) In many states it is easy to register on election day.
6) Ron Paul has more crossover support from liberals than any Republican candidate.
7) Ron Paul polls highest among independents.
8) The general election will be won by independents. Why wait until the general to gain their support when we need them now?
9) In interviews, Ron himself often mentions his support from liberals and independents.
10) CPAC 2010, lost ONE vote.
11) Many Republicans who like Ron will still go with their "safe and electable" candidate.

In the end, with that said, what is wrong with a multi-pronged approach?

roho76
06-25-2011, 01:21 AM

PaulConventionWV
06-25-2011, 01:23 AM
1) The Obama team had a winning strategy of focusing on very UNLIKELY voters and the rest is a sad history. He won by a small margin in Iowa, every unlikely vote counted.
2) Many of us know Dems that are unhappy with Obama, and see Ron Paul as a very viable option, especially agreeing with him on social issues where Obama has failed them.
3) Many of RPF members are former Obama supporters we are fortunate to have in our ranks.
4) Obama is running unopposed until the general. There is nothing lost for liberals to switch over.
6) Ron Paul has more crossover support from liberals than any Republican candidate.
8) The general election will be won by independents. Why wait until the general to gain their support when we need them now?
9) In interviews, Ron himself often mentions his support from liberals and independents.
11) Many Republicans who like Ron will still go with their "safe and electable" candidate.

Nothing is wrong with it. I think #11 can be remedied by winning the Iowa straw poll, and I wouldn't give up on those people anyway because convincing someone who likes Ron to actually vote for him gets us one vote and takes one vote away from another candidate. However, there is also a place for converting liberals and disaffected Dems as well as independents. It depends on your situation. People who say you MUST focus on Republicans are very narrow-minded. You must take into account the demography in your area and talk to whomever you can. It doesn't matter if your friends are liberal, talk to them, too. It's not like you're so bogged down on time that every moment you spend talking to a liberal is wasted for time you could have been talking to a Republican. Reach out to everyone you know and hit Republicans hard if you can by canvassing and such.

Cheerio!

liberalnurse
06-25-2011, 05:23 AM

Thats my argument and it's working among the Dems and Indies. I ask them, What have you got to lose. Lets see the old school, school the new school. Imagine Ron Paul and Obama in a debate. They like it.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
1) The Obama team had a winning strategy of focusing on very UNLIKELY voters and the rest is a sad history. He won by a small margin in Iowa, every unlikely vote counted. Yes, but he had his base shored up already I'm sure. Also he was a bit of a novelty in that he was the first individual who wasn't white to seriously run for President with a chance of winning.

But how many of them would be willing to actually change parties, vote in a Republican primary, and vote for our guy? Very few, probably even a negligible amount. And the energy that it would take to convert them would achieve more results per resources convincing already Republican voters to just vote for Ron.

3) Many of RPF members are former Obama supporters we are fortunate to have in our ranks. Quantitatively irrelevant. People who pay attention to politics are not normal or average. Around here on RPF, emphasis on the "normal" part ;) :p

But seriously the average voter does not pay attention to politics until a few days before the election.

4) Obama is running unopposed until the general. There is nothing lost for liberals to switch over.Hassle and effort, not to mention the "ick" feeling of going over to the other side.

Again, inertia is the greatest force in politics and getting people to make 2 or 3 steps is harder than to convince people just to make 1 step.

:confused::confused::confused: Really? Which states are these?

8) The general election will be won by independents. Why wait until the general to gain their support when we need them now? Because we have to convince Republicans to support him first.

11) Many Republicans who like Ron will still go with their "safe and electable" candidate. Not if we convince them otherwise.

In the end, with that said, what is wrong with a multi-pronged approach?Because it's a distraction and ineffecient. We must be narrow and focused if we are to achieve electoral victory. In 2nd Amendment terms... we want to use a rifle instead of shotgun.

Consider the following:

Convincing people to not only vote in a race they don't have a horse in, but to re-register with a party they don't like, and often despise, just to vote for a guy they actually don't want to win seems like a helluva lot more work than convincing the already existing Republicans that Ron Paul is a better choice than Romney, Santorum and Bachman. SOURCE: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?300202-Simple-way-to-give-this-campaign-a-much-needed-boost-into-overdrive&p=3360490&viewfull=1#post3360490

Bruno
06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Every vote counts, I don't know why any possible vote would be neglected, guess we can agree we disagree. :)

speciallyblend
06-25-2011, 12:50 PM
No offense to the old folks in the room but it is mainly them who are stuck in the 30's to 50's thinking drugs are bad mmmmkay. Right to choose what you toke and if you don't care for it then pass it to someone who does.

Whether you like the weed or not really isn't the important part, it is the ability as Americans to Choose that should be the important part. Get the government out of this shit a.s.a.p.

Ron Paul will have a ton of old and young pot smokers supporting them including myself. Prop 215 card carrying patient myself and HAPPY to be as well.

> old ;)

speciallyblend
06-25-2011, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3ktAL4SNo&feature=fvsthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3ktAL4SNo&feature=fvst

Ron Paul 2012 Get Up Stand Up

AFPVet
06-25-2011, 01:35 PM
While this great for popularity, this does not help with the GOP. Unfortunately, Ron needs to play the game and appease the GOP if he wants to win the primary. He needs to stick with the GOP fundamentals and really play ball.

swissaustrian
07-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Barney Frank interview containing good arguments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYt99-xWtA

newyearsrevolution08
07-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Liberty Bump for my favorite plant

Legalization
decriminalization

SOMETHING.....

torchbearer
07-03-2011, 07:56 AM
just a point of information.
when you hear Jamaicans use the word Ja, it means God.
a common farewell would be, Ja Guide.
Ja short for jehovah.

speciallyblend
07-03-2011, 08:47 AM
just a point of information.
when you hear Jamaicans use the word Ja, it means God.
a common farewell would be, Ja Guide.
Ja short for jehovah.

u will love this one torch. when i lived in virginia. I got a lisc plate that said Gone-Ja and they have a policy of no drug references etc etc so i told them my lisc plate meant gone god;) basically for 8 plus yrs i drove around va with the lisc plate Gone-Ja say it fast;) a lil play on words but made my point!!

Eric21ND
07-03-2011, 07:36 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/RPLegalizeitperfect.png

bwlibertyman
07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I want to share a short story. I was at a friends house. His parents are neocons. They just got back from a reagan day dinner where Mike Pence was the keynote. They said "you should have come and seen a future president of the united states." I said "was ron paul there?" The mom then asked me if I heard about the Ron paul/Barney frank bill. I said of course. She then surprised me by saying "I was against it but I now support it." We talked about how the federal government shouldn't be outlawing drugs and that the states can handle it. Her husband who is a local judge said he was against it but he also said that people could overdose from marijuana so you know where that's going.

This proves the point that some people are thinking about these things. If a strong neocon that listens to rush limbaugh everyday can agree that the states should regulate this and not the feds I think we're making some great headway!

Created4
07-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Here's a great interview on CNBC that will explain the position well to conservatives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPs1Oem0yvI

cornbread
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
ron paul has my vote,you no for 40 years,they have said pot is bad,most people in this country have smoked pot,and they no the truth,you can only lie to people for so long,people now no its a lie,you cant stop the will of people,they had this so called war on drugs for 40 years,its been a war on the citizen of this country for making there on choose,of what to put in there on bodies,now you have them talking about it as tax,so they can profit off it,so you tell me who the crimmals are,im face up to 30 years for marijuana cultivation,in tennessee,they bust me with 283 plants,without a search warrant,they have offered me 8 years,i want take it,im going to trial,why should anyone freely give up there freedom for growing a plant or plants,whenu havent hurt anyone,its a stupid law that has cause a lot of harm in peoples lifes,NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN HARMED FROM WEED,ITS THE LAW THAT CAUSE HARM TO PEOPLE.WEATHER YOU ARE FOR WEED OR NOT IS YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE,BUT I WANT MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO,THATS THE WAY ALL AMERICANS SHOULD FEEL,RON PAUL IS OUR MAN,ITS NOT ABOUT WEED,ITS ABOUT RIGHTS.

Acala
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM
ron paul has my vote,you no for 40 years,they have said pot is bad,most people in this country have smoked pot,and they no the truth,you can only lie to people for so long,people now no its a lie,you cant stop the will of people,they had this so called war on drugs for 40 years,its been a war on the citizen of this country for making there on choose,of what to put in there on bodies,now you have them talking about it as tax,so they can profit off it,so you tell me who the crimmals are,im face up to 30 years for marijuana cultivation,in tennessee,they bust me with 283 plants,without a search warrant,they have offered me 8 years,i want take it,im going to trial,why should anyone freely give up there freedom for growing a plant or plants,whenu havent hurt anyone,its a stupid law that has cause a lot of harm in peoples lifes,NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN HARMED FROM WEED,ITS THE LAW THAT CAUSE HARM TO PEOPLE.WEATHER YOU ARE FOR WEED OR NOT IS YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE,BUT I WANT MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO,THATS THE WAY ALL AMERICANS SHOULD FEEL,RON PAUL IS OUR MAN,ITS NOT ABOUT WEED,ITS ABOUT RIGHTS.

Pot may be harmless to the human body, but it is apparently absolute MURDER on the English language.

But seriously, if you are facing prison for growing a plant, you are being treated unjustly and I'm sorry.

trey4sports
07-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Pot may be harmless to the human body, but it is apparently absolute MURDER on the English language.

But seriously, if you are facing prison for growing a plant, you are being treated unjustly and I'm sorry.

Ohh shit, i laughed hard on that one.

cornbread
07-06-2011, 11:45 PM

like you never mispelled anything,come on man

Acala
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM
like you never mispelled anything,come on man

Gulity as charged. I am a terrible speller! Consequently I loudly proclaim that correct spelling is trivial. But it really isn't. It makes an impression.

I'm really not trying to get on your case. We are on the same side. I made a little joke at your expense and apologize for any insult. But your post is very difficult to read, primarily for lack of proper punctuation. If you want to make your post easier to read, decide where one sentence should end and another should begin and then put a period there and a couple spaces. It is easier on the eyes.

Good luck with your situation.

dannno
07-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Her husband who is a local judge said he was against it but he also said that people could overdose from marijuana

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/278/2/a/Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH.jpg

Your response should have been: "Actually, the LD50 of marijuana is off the charts, nobody has ever been known to overdose in the history of the world."

Somebody who is sentencing people to jail for marijuana should be embarrassed for thinking that people overdose on this stuff.

ctiger2
07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Her husband who is a local judge said he was against it but he also said that people could overdose from marijuana so you know where that's going.!

It's true. I OD'd on it last night and I plan on OD'ing again tonight after work.

cornbread
07-08-2011, 02:09 AM
ive tried to od my self,many times,it just cant be done,i pass out first,buts all good,because i like it.