PDA

View Full Version : Question.

Jake Ralston
06-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Everyday I read on the internet, various blogs, news articles and the like. A common trend is, that the highest rated and volumed comments are always suggesting:

End the wars
Bring the troops home
Stop the foreign aid
Create jobs at home/focus at home
End the fed
Imprison Ben Bernanke
End government mandated healthcare
Destroy the TSA

... and I get the impression that most of them are just normal Joe's, not the likes of us strict Ron Paul supporters. Yet, there is no mention of Ron Paul.

It's as if they are completely oblivious to the fact that only one candidate will give them everything they want. And half the time, when I take a stab and mention Ron Paul, I get flamed because he "supports telemarketing" or "is a nut".

How do we explain this phenomena?
What else can we do to give sight to the blind?

sailingaway
06-24-2011, 12:47 PM
He supports freedom, and not letting the government invade yours, not telemarketing. Sheesh.

You need time. You have to figure out where they are coming from because different people respond to different things.

Micromanagement by the federal government institutionalizes mistakes. Individuals are best represented by local government where they can actually impact policy. Those are two sentiments which seem to play well, but it depends on what you are hit with. Others will have other ideas, I'm sure.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-24-2011, 01:10 PM
One word - Conditioning. Media has conditioned them to associate words like "kook", "nut", "can't win", etc etc It's a simple psychological phenomenon that when presented with two separate ideas simultaneously often enough to any person then that person starts associating those two ideas & it becomes very difficult to overcome this, at least it requires a lot of persuation &/or soul-searching to get over it. Because media always presents the idea "Ron Paul" with the idea "kook" or whatever other negative things over & over then people become instinctively conditioned to associate those ideas with Ron. This clearly explains why Rand who more or less presents similar ideas to Ron (although it has to be admitted that he words them better than Ron), he gets applause & adulation from people, Repubs AND Democrats because they've not been conditioned to associate Rand with all the negative ideas like Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQSN3U_vU8&feature=player_embedded
And although we don't have the resources like MSM, we ought to try to condition people in our own way by posting words & ideas on various forums, youtube & news-articles, etc as well as when we talk to people about Ron & thereby we ought to get people to associate "Ron Paul" with ideas like "winner", "principled", "beat obama", "Constitution", "predicted the bubble", "good on economics", etc etc

Lisa100
06-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree with the conditioning theory, but it is also the intentional lack of media coverage of Ron Paul.
But I read a lot of articles posted on yahoo, as well as the comments. And most of the time that a politician is mentioned in the comments, it is positive for Ron Paul. Many of the comments look like they could be written by someone here, and the comments are so much better than 2 years ago. People are warning each other about a lot of stuff now. People are waking up. The biggest battle is the corrupt lamestream media.