PDA

View Full Version : How Is Ron's Stance on Foreign Policy Extreme While Bachmann's Is Not??

libertygrl
06-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey Guys,

Hope you're not getting sick of me asking for assistance so often to defend Ron Paul's positons on matters! It's not that I can't do it myself, but it makes it alot quicker/easier for me to respond to these people when I read your opinions so that I don't leave anything important out!

As some of you may already know, I have many political discussions on a local Tea Party forum. I agree with many things that they believe in, but once again the major difference is always in the area of civil liberties and foreign policy issues. There are a few Ron Paul supporters there, but many others are still undecided on a candidate.

The latest round of discussions began when someone posted that we should check out Bachmann and vote to support her. I gave all the reasons why I didn't agree and how I found her views on foreign policy to be quite scary. One or two people agreed while others disagreed. I kept the focus on Ron Paul's position on this and I think I may have stepped on the toes of the Tea Party leader because he left the following comment:

I'll only make one comment about Michele Bachmann, she believes in America and believes in free enterprise and she believes in the American people. Until we find a "leader" who truly knows why America became and great country, we will continue down the slippery slope to insolvency and societal breakdown.

I not only have watched Bachmann in the media, but have had the opportunity to sit one-on-one with her on two occasions with no cameras or press. This woman is REAL! She does not have to consult with her handlers to have an opinion. She has withstood major assaults on her in the last two election cycles. We need a true believer again like Ronald Reagan. She is the only one that comes close.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember the early days of Ronald Reagan. He was given no chance to succeed. The Republicans were nice to him and let him make some speeches but they gave him little credence. The position that Bachmann is in right now is very similar. Don't be surprised to see her do well in early primaries. I will be in New Hampshire to help her and will ask others to join me.

AND... our biggest security challenge right now is to save the country. Foreign threats that we face are minuscule compared to the internal threat. CSA is working to make changes necessary to revive our society. A true moral person (religious or otherwise) is what we need.

Ron Paul is a great guy, but cannot be President because of his extreme positions on foreign policy, and some other issues.

If these 21st century Tea Parties are supposedly inspired by the American Revolution and a return to our constitution, how is it possible that Ron Paul's positions are extreme and Bachmann's isn't?? Mind you, I'm probably not going to change this guy's mind, but there are many other people who read this forum and I would like to a least give them some food for thought. Thanks!

acptulsa
06-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Ron Paul means it. He lives it. Bachmann is just saying it. QED.

Pandering (a.k.a. 'lying') is not extreme. It's business as usual.

FSP-Rebel
06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
RE foreign policy, what's extreme is fighting endless no-win wars and having so many bases far and wide that when we face a dollar crisis we can't afford to bring the troops home at all and they will be stranded. Nothing like funding other country's military for them while the future generations in this country have no future via no jobs and massive amounts of debt.

sailingaway
06-24-2011, 11:03 AM
We have always been at war with Oceana.