PDA

View Full Version : Clean the Inside of the Cup

Working Poor
06-24-2011, 09:19 AM
I was thinking today about Christians and Ron Paul's campaign and how to reach them. How about "clean the inside of the cup vote Ron Paul 2012"

kazmlsj
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I was thinking today about Christians and Ron Paul's campaign and how to reach them. How about "clean the inside of the cup vote Ron Paul 2012"

I like your imagery - do you think most who call themselves Christians today will relate it to the Scripture you are referencing? There is a dirth of God's Word in churches today - too busy studying books by men who would rather re-write what God has said.

I am guessing you are referencing Luke 11:38-40 :

38 When the Pharisee saw it, he marveled that He had not first washed before dinner.
39 Then the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness. 40 Foolish ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also?

Powerful - I like it.

acptulsa
06-24-2011, 10:41 AM
This is an outstanding idea. But don't make it personal. Just about all of us could stand to keep this in mind personally, but few of us need it more than Washington does. The analogy is more than apt. And Ron Paul, of all the candidates, most obviously lives what this verse preaches.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I like your imagery - do you think most who call themselves Christians today will relate it to the Scripture you are referencing?

Oh yes, they sure will. It's a very oft-quoted passage.

Working Poor
06-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Ron cleaning the inside of the cup is why he is not running independent right?

Krugerrand
06-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Ron cleaning the inside of the cup is why he is not running independent right?

Not really. I don't think he has any affinity for the GOP. It's just the vehicle that get him where he's going.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
I like it... could be a good reference on literature passed out to religious folks, near churches or at large events which draw a lot of Christians (such as the March For Life which takes place every January in DC).

libertybrewcity
06-24-2011, 12:13 PM
interesting out reach idea...

amyre
06-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I like your imagery - do you think most who call themselves Christians today will relate it to the Scripture you are referencing? There is a dirth of God's Word in churches today - too busy studying books by men who would rather re-write what God has said.

I am guessing you are referencing Luke 11:38-40 :

38 When the Pharisee saw it, he marveled that He had not first washed before dinner.
39 Then the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness. 40 Foolish ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also?

Powerful - I like it.

I totally agree....I'm not sure how much it will be recognized by most Christians either (unfortunately). Perhaps something visual that references the whole passage instead of just a tag line?

freedom-maniac
06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Psaalm 120:7 "I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for war,"

Sounds applicable to Dr. Paul vs. every other GOP candidate.

Working Poor
06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Not really. I don't think he has any affinity for the GOP. It's just the vehicle that get him where he's going.

He is cleaning up the Republicans or the other candidates would not be starting to lean towards his ideas. If he were not inside the party it would have never started happening.

Working Poor
06-24-2011, 12:45 PM
interesting out reach idea...

I used at a site with lib bloggers and they like it.

rich34
06-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm just glad it seems this time around it looks like we're going to make a serious effort at getting the social conservative vote. It killed me the last time around any time you'd try to bring this up among some folks they'd just flattly reject it and act as if we could move forward without those folks. Not going to happen, unless we're cornering the liberal vote of the GOP while the social vote is being divided up which is what happened last time. We need to make inroads amongst all groups this time around.

Working Poor
06-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Ron Paul people are the real grassroots. It has been very frustrating for me hoping that people will get what he is about. Especially while hearing him and us being called all the "crazy" names.

For our freedom it is worth it though. Either I am getting better at talking to people about him or people are really awake I don't care which it is I am just so glad it is happening.

MelissaWV
06-24-2011, 04:44 PM
FWIW I did not get this until I read the thread.

I was somehow put in the mind of ... athletic ... cups.

Working Poor
06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
FWIW I did not get this until I read the thread.

I was somehow put in the mind of ... athletic ... cups.

Melissa-

What am I going to do with you?

acptulsa
06-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Melissa-

What am I going to do with you?

Not a damned thing, I hope. That's the way a woman's mind should work. :D